Meet and Greet

Hello all...

Been a long time flight simmer (F-16 Combat Pilot and the original Falcon popped my cherry one glorious summer in high school all the way to the recent MS Offering) but a friend of mine got me looking into DCS a few months ago.  Got to say I love it.  I worked F-16s, B-52 and F111 in the USAF and now fly the Airbus after three years on the CRJ.

I've enjoyed learning the Hornet and have resisted the Falcon until I feel I'm not embarrassing myself anymore.  I've found the DCS community to be very helpful and some of the mods and enhancements have been great.

• Like 2

Don't Panic!

Hi,

I'm from Sydney, Australia and just installed DCS just over a week ago and am amazed humans can develop such incredible software! It's been quite some time since i've played a flight sim but am enjoying getting back into it. I've been watching DCS YT vids for awhile so have finally taken the plunge and giving it a go myself. Picked myself up a T1600 joystick and throttle and also using TrackIR. Happy flying!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Retired. Simmer since '94 MSFS 5.1 and Falcon.3.0. These days taking a break from P3D and checking out DCS and loving it. Performance is great on a 5 year old system. A lot to learn. Have the Viper, Warthog, Tomcat, and the Hornet.

A random shot.

K2rom1W.png

Edited by Indy511
  • Like 3

How do all. New guy here from Surrey, UK.

Im an old man at 53 to be getting into flight sims but after my daughter downloaded the sim for me to try I was hooked. Rigged up to the Oculas quest 2 I was blown away how immersive it is. I just cant believe how far its come. I came off feeling queezy lol. but that seems to have passed the more ive been on.

Im sitting here now in front of a brand new PC after just shelling out £1700 LOL🥲  Ive rigged everything up and apart from a few probs setting the Oculas up the sim runs smooth. I will tweak a few settings and see how I can improve it maybe.  Inside the two free cockpits is incredibly detailed, bright and sharp ! 

I think Id prefer flying old warbirds rather than modern AC so I will be heading in that direction.   Im sure I will have lots of Qs !!

Edited by UPKEEP
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!

34, fom Italy.

Visited my parents one day after getting the new laptop, and decided to pick up ye olde MS force feedback 2 joystick to have some fun. It took me 3 years drooling on youtube on DCS-user videos to finally decide diving back again in the flight sim illness... and it’s a pleasure!

Loving and fighting with the ah6 mod since a few months, I recently purchased the Apache. 

Guess the sim-pit will get a never-ending (diy) tuning. Especially, thanks to user-shared informations.

Safe f(l)ights!3C1AA539-8D79-48E5-A73E-82761A74E810.jpeg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Al87 said:

Hi everyone!

34, fom Italy.

Visited my parents one day after getting the new laptop, and decided to pick up ye olde MS force feedback 2 joystick to have some fun. It took me 3 years drooling on youtube on DCS-user videos to finally decide diving back again in the flight sim illness... and it’s a pleasure!

Loving and fighting with the ah6 mod since a few months, I recently purchased the Apache. 

Guess the sim-pit will get a never-ending (diy) tuning. Especially, thanks to user-shared informations.

Safe f(l)ights!3C1AA539-8D79-48E5-A73E-82761A74E810.jpeg

Love your mod!!!

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Love your mod!!!

Thank you 😊😅
Instead, I shold thank the online communities (and this forum too) for inspiration and resources.

- 3d-printed Viper grip model (JFlyer81 user on thingiverse),
- Arduino tutorials on GitHub (TomStanton, MHeironimus),
- SimFFB software discovered on this board,
- Diy Franken-collective & rudder pedals, from the joystick's potentiometers,
- Simpit inspirations..
Thank you guys!

• Like 1

Thank you
Instead, I shold thank the online communities (and this forum too) for inspiration and resources.

- 3d-printed Viper grip model (JFlyer81 user on thingiverse),
- Arduino tutorials on GitHub (TomStanton, MHeironimus),
- SimFFB software discovered on this board,
- Diy Franken-collective & rudder pedals, from the joystick's potentiometers,
- Simpit inspirations..
Thank you guys!
I can relate!
Currently I'm opting for another solution. Gonna order a tailpiece for my trusty old F-22, which will bring it back to life, and just run a long cable with a connector into my Warthog base.
Long term I will do the resistor mod and mate two FFBs together and add a Virpil board into the mix.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello everybody, new guy from TX. Looking forward to getting back into DCS was out a for a bit with school, work and life. Already have the F16,14,18 and P47 and all the maps. Had a simpit when I first started and looking forward to building another.

Love flying and prior Air Force enlisted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, UPKEEP said:

How do all. New guy here from Surrey, UK.

Im an old man at 53 to be getting into flight sims but after my daughter downloaded the sim for me to try I was hooked. Rigged up to the Oculas quest 2 I was blown away how immersive it is. I just cant believe how far its come. I came off feeling queezy lol. but that seems to have passed the more ive been on.

Im sitting here now in front of a brand new PC after just shelling out £1700 LOL🥲  Ive rigged everything up and apart from a few probs setting the Oculas up the sim runs smooth. I will tweak a few settings and see how I can improve it maybe.  Inside the two free cockpits is incredibly detailed, bright and sharp ! 

I think Id prefer flying old warbirds rather than modern AC so I will be heading in that direction.   Im sure I will have lots of Qs !!

Not old. You are of a good vintage like myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings All,

Psychfilm here. I finally bit the bullet and went all in on DCS. Looking forward to investing some time in and learning as much as I can. When I was a kid I came across a Red Baron Arcade game, and yes this pre-dated Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 by about a year, but I've been hooked on aviation and flight sims ever since. Love the realism of DCS, the pretty lights and all the button clicking. There are three types of pilots on DCS; those who can count and those who can't. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Edited by Psychfilm
correction
  • Like 2

FNG reporting from the Pacific Northwest, USA! Coming from a couple of space sims, that I still play (Star Citizen & Elite Dangerous), but I have been into flight sims, and gaming in general, since the beginning as I'm one of those old farts. First home video game ever was Pong in the 70's growing up in Santa Cruz, CA and I believe my first flight sim was Microsoft's first version in the early 80's. Then later I messed with Chuck Yeager's Advance Flight Trainer, and others including trying out just about every new version that Microsoft released. Watched a lot of DCS videos this year on YouTube so thought I'd give it a try. During install of DCS, a window popped up asking if I wanted to purchase any extras and it seemed like many of the options it gave me were priced better than the normal sale prices they have several times per year so I ended up getting:

F-16C

F/A-18C

A-10C II

P-47D

Flaming Cliffs 3

Supercarrier

Syria Map

Total was $225, which I think is a good deal, and I'll wait until a future sale to buy more that are on my wish list. My favorite military aircraft of all time is the F4 Phantom, probably because of the age and time I was in when aircraft became my passion, so I was a bit bummed to not see that as an option in DCS but maybe someday. Anyhow, hello to all of you and looking forward to the high learning curve of DCS...I think.

Edited by Phreedom
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900X / RTX 3080 / 64GB 3600MHz CL14-14-14-34 / M.2 x3 Storage / LG CX 48" 4K OLED / Win10 Pro / Winwing Orion HOTAS / CH PRO Pedals / TrackIR

HAVE: F-16C, F/A-18C, A-10C II, P-47D, Flaming Cliffs 3, Supercarrier, Syria

TOP 5 WANTS: AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire+Channel Combo, AH-64D, Mosquito FB VI, F-14,

1 hour ago, Phreedom said:

FNG reporting from the Pacific Northwest, USA!

You made some good choices that should keep you busy for a good while and youve got the rig to run it! Enjoy!

You're not alone in your love of the F4 and, as proof, here is just the latest thread on it (you will probably be able to to master most of your modules in the time it takes to read!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am a 60 years young guy and live in the US although not originally from here.  I have just started my first flights (mostly training) in DCS.

I decided for the MI-24, as I am big into helicopters. I don't know if I can go back to X-Plane after this😀.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Happy Holidays to you all!

• Like 1

Hi fellow DCS pilots!

I am 37 years old, I live in Belgium (Flemish region) and have been "playing" all kind of flight and combat simulators since 1999.

Finally I bought myself a better PC (not top notch, but it does the trick) to be able to fly all great stuff in DCS: World.

Hope to meet you in the virtual skies!

61E4173D-CA04-49CA-BD9B-CE73175EE740.jpeg

Edited by DeNbEiRe_BE
Added setup
  • Like 2

Modules: A-10C II Tank Killer / AH-64D / AJS-37 Viggen / AV-8B Night Attack / Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst / Black Shark 2 / Black Shark 3 / C-101 Aviojet / Christen Eagle II / Combined Arms / F-4E Phantom II /  F-5E Tiger II / F-14 Tomcat / F-15E Strike Eagle / F-16C Viper / F-86F Sabre / F/A-18C Hornet / Flaming Cliffs 3 / Fw 190 A-8 / Fw 190 D-9 Dora / I-16 / JF-17 Thunder / L-39 Albatros / M-2000C / MB-339 / Mi-8MTV2 / Mi-24P Hind / MiG-15bis / MiG-19P Farmer / MiG-21bis / Mirage F1 / Mosquito FB VI / NS 430 Navigation System / P-47D Thunderbolt / P-51D Mustang / SA342 Gazelle / Spitfire LF Mk.IX / Supercarrier / UH-1H Huey / WWII Assets Pack / Yak-52

Terrains: Afghanistan / Caucasus / Marianas / Nevada / Normandy 2.0 / Persian Gulf / Sinai / South Atlantic / Syria / The Channel

Hardware: Logitech G X52 Professional HOTAS / Logitech G203 Mouse / Logitech G213 Keyboard / Logitech G432 Gaming Headset / Logitech Z313 2.1 Speaker System

PC specs: Lenovo Legion T5 26AMR5 / Windows 11 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor / 32GB RAM / GeForce RTX 3070 / 2 TB SSD / 34" LG Monitor

7 hours ago, DeNbEiRe_BE said:

Hi fellow DCS pilots!

I am 37 years old, I live in Belgium (Flemish region) and have been "playing" all kind of flight and combat simulators since 1999.

Finally I bought myself a better PC (not top notch, but it does the trick) to be able to fly all great stuff in DCS: World.

Hope to meet you in the virtual skies!

I am new here as well just wanted to say hello! Very cool setup! Used to sport the same Saitek controller and have used it for many years. Started simming around 1993 (F/A-18 Hornet) on a Mac. Switched to a PC 2 years later and a whole new world opened up for me😀

• Like 2

A bit late, but greetings. I've been playing flight sims since Microsoft Flight Simulator 98, and since then had played Flight Simulators 2003 and FSX, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulators 1 and 3, IL-2: 1946, and now Rise of Flight: United, Ace Combat (on the consoles), Falcon BMS, and DCS World.

I hope to be a writer later down the road in my life, and am a docent at the Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino, CA.

Edited by Garuda 1-1
  • Like 1

Hey fellow pilots.. 

I was thinking about getting into DCS for a long time - now I am finally here - just bought the F-18 incl. SuperCarrier and my HOTAS (TM Warthog) arrived aswell today...

Rudder pedals and VR might be the next

See you in the air 😉

• Like 1

Aircrafts: F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-15E, JF-17, F-16C, A-10C II, AH-64D, Black Shark 3,  Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, FW 190-D, Spitfire LF Mk.,  FC3 + some mods 🙂

Maps: Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai, Nevada, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, Afghanistan

Packages: Supercruiser, Combined Arms, WW2 Asset Pack

System: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x@3.70GHz, 32GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon RX 580, Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD, Win10Pro 64 Bit, 2x24" BENQ

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TRP Pedals, Total Control Multi Button Box, TM MFD Cougar, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

Hello all, 

I've been a stalker/lurker for a couple of years watching DCS videos on YouTube with my iPad and my headphones.  I'm kind of a GS fanboy, and I also enjoy the Longshot, Grim Reapers, Matt Wagner, C.W. Lemoine, and Eagle Dynamics videos.  I've never been a gamer really.  I had an XBox once about 15 years ago and sold it after a few months of owning it because I spent too much time on it.  I've always had a passion/interest for aviation since I was a kid (before the grey hair and back pain).  Over the years I have acquired some seat time in small planes like 152, 172, 182, Cherokees, and a few others.  I'm talking very little time here.  Mostly just my friend (pilot/CFI) letting me fly around and do touch and gos whenever I go up with him.  

So, I finally decided to take the plunge and become a DCS guy.  I just built a PC for this project, and began constructing my sim pit based on things I've seen on YouTube and read here on the forums.  I bought a desk, hotas, mounts, Track IR, rudders, etc, and, now I'm patiently awaiting for DCS to finish downloading/updating as I type so I can load up on my 50% discount for new users. 

Hopefully I'll see some of y'all in the skies of DCS.  I'll be the noob in the F/A-18C saying the wrong things on comms and fidgeting with his radar trying to lock donor targets that haven't been picked up on my own radar yet!  🙂

Cheers!

• Like 1