Trim delay time question.

I tinkered with the value of the trim delay time in the KA-50, Scripts, Aricrafts, KA-50, FM options file some time ago and I would like to revert back to the original setting but I unfortunatley didn't back up the file:music_whistling:

Would some kind soul please post the original figure for the trim delay time as I have a MS FF2 stick I would like to hook up and want to start from scratch with the stick settings.:thumbup:

Is this the line you are looking for?

I've attached my (AFAIK) normal file if you want the whole thing.

TrimmerTauInverse = 7.0 --lower value - decrease trim speed after trim button release. For personal tuning on flying style. (Has an influence on tracks)

FMOptions.rar

• Like 1

Glad to help- after my first disaster, I made a full backup copy of dcs folder :smartass:

I think they're giving option in patch to change trim on key press... then return to neutral... then release key.

I think they're giving option in patch to change trim on key press... then return to neutral... then release key.

I think the new option will be that when you release the trim button, it waits for you to re-center the stick before it applies the new trim setting (as opposed to how it works now: it waits half a second or so before applying it).

Holding the trim button down has other effects in that it disables some parts of the autopilot (similar to enabling Flight Director mode, I think). I think that's correct behaviour so they probably wouldn't want to change that.