Allied Air Command is now looking for pilots!

INTRODUCTION

We are a group that aims to provide the DCS community with a authentic World War Two experience. 

The Group officially started in June 2024 with the aim to bring WW2 scene to the forefront of DCS World. Our aim is to provide a professional and high-quality environment for everyone's enjoyment. 

6.png?ex=667eb11c&is=667d5f9c&hm=0d1ffa6

STRUCTURE

Our structure is based around the multiple nations and services, including the USAAF, soon to be the USN and Commonwealth Nations. 
Currently we have stood up the 66th Fighter Wing flying the P-51D and P-47D, and the 144 WG (RCAF) flying Spitfires, with ambitions of finding a dedicated core group to fly the Mosquito.

9.png?ex=667eb11c&is=667d5f9c&hm=85f18e1

EVENTS

Every other Saturday and Sunday we host our main event and training, respectively. These start at 2000 hrs (EST time) and can last from anywhere between 2 and 4 hours.

Members are free to use our server to host DCS events whilst the server(s) is not in use. Additionally, we host auxiliary servers for other games. As a community we naturally have members and non-members joining to play other games during non-event times.

REQUIREMENTS

• We want this experience to be accessible by many people whilst still keeping the standard of entry high. Your application must show an interest in the community and should show that you have given thought and effort into your answers.
  • You must have a working microphone
  • You must be 18+ (with no exceptions)
  • You must stay active within the community
  • We do not have any problems with you being in another unit or another community, so as long as you remain active within our group (this includes Forum/Discord activity) then we have no issues.

HOW DO I JOIN?

Every member will go through a screening process to ensure that they are a good fit for the community, we wish to create a friendly environment where people can enjoy some good gameplay.

In order to apply head over to our website and make an application under the enlistment tab, or alternatively talk to one of our recruiters on our Discord.

CONTACT

https://www.allied-air.org/
https://discord.gg/yrXr2Y5B8g

MEDIA

There are two main places to see our community media:

https://www.allied-air.org/gallery
and on our Discord

• Like 2

Sounds awesome, sadly however, weekends are out for me. 😞

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

Posted (edited)

How long have you guys been around?... I thought I had most WWII groups on Discord.

353rd FG, in the old legacy IL2, had an old retired vet in it. Lt. Monroe Q. Williams was in the virtual 353 and could be found in the HyperLobby most nights. Great guy. I asked him if I could borrow his nose art or at least the name of his P-47 on some of my other Jug skins... "Willie the Wolf". The Jug is my favorite, in both games.

LOL, I've been around forever it seems, I'll hang around the discord channel and see about getting in one of your training nights after I get all this new stuff figured out. I've been inactive since Nov. 22, and just actually got my console built to house stuff I probably don't need. Now that I know everything works as advertised, I've decided to dump TARGET for my TM stuff and just use RSMapper for everything.

The sad thing, is I want to tear it apart and redo it now that I've been messing around with it. I'll keep it the way it is and wait for cooler weather to be outside sweating my arse off.

This setup isn't finished, I've got some things coming from MonsterTech to hold the keyboard on the center mount, and a mouse pad plate for the spare down arm I've got from the throttle to mount that on.

I wanted to fly the scooter so I got the WW PTO2, and it will come in handy for Combat Pilot. And I'm a bit jaded about the boat, too, being an old salt.

updated picture

Pit w-console.jpg

:drinks_cheers:

Edited by _Hoss

Sempre Fortis

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 5:52 AM, _Hoss said:

How long have you guys been around?... I thought I had most WWII groups on Discord.

353rd FG, in the old legacy IL2, had an old retired vet in it. Lt. Monroe Q. Williams was in the virtual 353 and could be found in the HyperLobby most nights. Great guy. I asked him if I could borrow his nose art or at least the name of his P-47 on some of my other Jug skins... "Willie the Wolf". The Jug is my favorite, in both games.

LOL, I've been around forever it seems, I'll hang around the discord channel and see about getting in one of your training nights after I get all this new stuff figured out. I've been inactive since Nov. 22, and just actually got my console built to house stuff I probably don't need. Now that I know everything works as advertised, I've decided to dump TARGET for my TM stuff and just use RSMapper for everything.

The sad thing, is I want to tear it apart and redo it now that I've been messing around with it. I'll keep it the way it is and wait for cooler weather to be outside sweating my arse off.

This setup isn't finished, I've got some things coming from MonsterTech to hold the keyboard on the center mount, and a mouse pad plate for the spare down arm I've got from the throttle to mount that on.

I wanted to fly the scooter so I got the WW PTO2, and it will come in handy for Combat Pilot. And I'm a bit jaded about the boat, too, being an old salt.

20240627_123351.jpg

:drinks_cheers:

Maybe you'll need some cushioning for an armrest around your throttle box, Hoss. 

Ryzen 7 7800; GTX 4070; 32 GB RAM; Monitor 27" 1440p