[Preview] Battlefield FX Sound mod

TangoRomeo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is a keeper...Good Job Tango

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hey S@uDepp' date=' about 20 minutes ago you were in the server i was in.[/quote']

Really?!

U joined with the same name as here?

Iґm on the way to host a server by myself....... unlucky my gameserver is with Linux - and Wine is too hard to cope with for me :(

Nevertheless..... CU soon again online!

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Really?!

U joined with the same name as here?

Iґm on the way to host a server by myself....... unlucky my gameserver is with Linux - and Wine is too hard to cope with for me :(

Nevertheless..... CU soon again online!

Greets

S@uDepp

Nah i fly as Kodiak, this forum name was just me being silly after watching a lot of Battlestar Galactica.

Good luck with your game server! What is it called? I'll join and see if i can help bolster your numbers.

TangoRomeo

Very nice mod, love the new sounds.

Q: In the sound.cfg , what do I change to make the gear louder when you lower or retract them?

P.S.: The explosion sound , examp. crashing your KA50 sounds like a lightning strike.

thx

Edited by KrUEgER888

I dont drive fast, I just fly low:pilotfly:

Glad you enjoy it. I´m quite surprised at the sound quality ogg delivers at LoFi bitrates, while having about 1/7 to 1/10 the size of the respective .wav file. Still, i´m thinking about releasing a 44.1 Khz CBR version, for those using quality headphones or speakers, and hardware resources to handle.

@ Dragon, this is not specifically a modman package. You'd probably still be required to manually delete the Sample Duration Table if it was. I thought about including mine, but several people use custom samples in the RadioMayak folder.

KrUEgER,

in the sound.cfg look for these lines:

Gear { Mode3D = true; Loop = true; Front = true; Inside = 180; Outside = 180; Volume = 1.0; Silence = 1.0; Size = 10; Radius = 100; Group = "Mechanics"; }

GearLoop { Mode3D = true; Loop = true; Front = true; Inside = 180; Outside = 180; Volume = 1.0; Silence = 1.0; Size = 10; Radius = 100; Group = "Mechanics"; }

Try changing the size entry, from 10 to something like 20 or 30. I´m not sure though if the Gear loop sound, that is during extension or retraction, is played at all. It sounds like only the gear end sound is played when it's either fully retracted or fully extended.

ps. Don't use the standard notepad application to make changes to a .lua or .cfg file in BS, you will corrupt it. Use notepad++ http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/de/download.php , open/save .lua/.cfg files as "UTF-8 w/o BOM" format.

Edited by TangoRomeo

Hey Tango is it possible to make the gun louder too from within the cockpit?.....cant figure out which one it is in the sound.cfg :helpsmilie:

Edited by Chazz_BMF

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Thx Tango ill try them out :)

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hey TangoRomeo!

Yesterday I installed the Mod. It sounds great!

The rotor-/engine sound in the cockpit are more constantly than the Improved Rotor Sound Mod.

The sound of the maingun of the ABRAMs are awesome!

But I have the same problems like the other guys:

- Gear is to quiet (no loopsound?) -> I edited the Sound.cfg

- Gun is to quiet -> I copied your new files

- Explosions listen like lighnings -> ?

I want to exchange this sound with the original one.

Is it the ExplodeGround1.ogg ? Can I simply exchange it or do I have to do some changes in the Sound.cfg as well?

Edit:

Next question...

Is there a reason why all the sounds are .ogg? Can I exchange the files wirth .wav without problems?

Edited by =STP= Dragon

I don't want to convert it, I want to exchange it with an other.

I love the rotorsound of the Improved Rotor Sound Mod.... but this is a RotorKA50Dyn.wav..... no .ogg

So are there any other sounds implemented in the .ogg or can I simple exchange the .ogg with the .wav?

Edited by =STP= Dragon

I think you can just leave the respective .ogg in the folder, if a .wav file is present the program seems to make use of this instead. To make sure though, you can of course delete it prior to copying over the .wav.

Don't forget to delete the sample duration table for an updated database.

@ TangoRomeo:

All changes I made in the Sound.cfg (Size=) have no effect. The sound is still to quiet.

Edit:

The GearLoop.ogg was to silent. You can make it louder till 600% without overdrive.

I have done "my" own Mod now.

- Original Explosion of vehicles

- Louder Gun-Sound (30mm)

- Louder extend- / retract Gear-Sound

- Silent Avionic warning

- Rotorsound of the Improved Rotor Sound Mod

@ TangoRomeo: Do I have the permission to release it?

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Please share your mod dragon, thx

No sorry, I need TangoRomeos permission. He is the master of the mod.

@ all:

I don't want to share the mod (also Sharkpit) as MY work!

In every text I wrote for the mods TangoRomeo is named as author of the mod!

I only want to change things I dislike to make the (very good) mod better!

.... only to avoid misunderstandings!

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Great sound modification. I love the new rotor and missile/launch sound effects.

But I have one problem:

In the sound.cfg you provided, the rotor sounds radius is set to 5000.

I guess this means that the rotor sounds should be hearable up to a distance of 5km.

In my game the sounds are cut off in a distance of 1km, when watching the Ka-50 in F3 flyby view for example.

Is this normal or did I something wrong ?

I remember in LockOn I could hear my A-10 up to 5km when this value was set.

Edited by WilhelmTell

Yepp, appears the radius param is not working beyond 1000m. Could be hardcoded, or specified somewhere else. I remember zzzspace's soundmod for LO, having a config for 10.000/25.000 radii to choose from. In BS, sound seems to cut out at 1000m regardless the settings in the .cfg.