3D modeling in general

got a bit bored

render29.th.jpg render30.th.jpg

so done some wheels, place holder for the bumper added some greills [ might do a mesh ]. and some general mesh tidying up.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only experience with 'artistic 3D' was about 10 years ago - I almost completed the famous ant tutorial from 3D Studio Max. Few years later I wanted to do some rough dimensioned models for my DIY gym equipment but, to my shock, I learned it was impossible to draw a spline of specific real-world dimensions (e.g. 1 m), so I ditched the piece of crap, obviously.

Then UGS NX CAD/CAM/CAE system came to scene, but you model there like you were physically machining everything so I guess what I've learned for UGS NX is hardly of any use when it comes to 'artistic' 3D.

Anyway, I would like to pick it up again with Blender. Knowing that former 3D Studio MAX has been taken over by Autodesk it's a double no-go for me. Does anyone of you still model in Blender? It's hard to tell by renders only.

I think I'll go with this one first

dummies.jpg

C++ for Dummies was awesome :D

And this one

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

Blender's user interface is a treat. Some say it resembles the control panel of a spaceship. You've probably never seen anything like it. Once you learn it, however, you may find yourself wishing that all your programs worked like this.

:megalol:

And some action with an advanced shape and some funky accent ;)

Edited by Bucic

Check this one out (click the red quotation square to go to the original topic).

This is an awesome resource! A complete guide on how to make 3D (mainly aircraft) models using freeware software (Blender, GIMP and Inkscape). Even though it's in Polish it's so well supplemented with images, 3D models, textures and all the other source files used by the author that in my opinion non-Polish speakers will find it useful as well.

The cover features the 3D model development of which this eBook documents

wm-l.jpg

Normal maps were built for a reason :thumbup:

A slight repost from another thread, but something I'm working on for giggles. Its an A-10 inspired weapon for TF2.

TF2_02.jpg

TF2_01.jpg

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 weeks later...

You go to details next Joey?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 5 weeks later...

Found a useful tool for 3Ds max users: blueprint manager:

it basically sets the blueprint references for you in max in a few clicks.

http://75ive.com/tools.html#blueprint_manager

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 2 weeks later...

That's bad ass dawestsides!

The modeling is finished? You go to texturing?

Spoiler

Wow, that looks great!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED