More progress on the intakes

Clay4.jpg

These square openings were a nightmare to get sharp after smoothing:

clay5.jpg

clay6.jpg

clay7.jpg

And Low-Poly:

clay8.jpg

I'm still struggling with the basics.Will start the exhaust nozzles before doing the wings.

Edited by dawestsides

I know you don't like it but :3DS Max 2010.

It took me long hours to just basically handle the main functions,and I'm still learning something new daily.

As a beginner I tended to follow blindly every tutorial I have found and kept sticking to it religiously,that's the mistake I made at the beginning.

Now I'm progressing on my own and trying to solve the issues I might face alone.

It's a steep learning curve,but my current target is to learn modelling,not to model.I'm not reading aircraft dedicated tutorials anymore though it can be helpfull sometimes.

I'm more on watching videos on different modelling solutions that can be applied to aircrafts.

I have to say that this thread inspired me a lot.

• Like 1

Found and old render of a scene Iwas making. Just to mess around with and stuff, Probaly texture it aswel.

Render002.jpg

render001.jpg

updated one

Render003.jpg

Just need to unwap it......

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Cheers man :D. Here's another, not 100% finished but nearly there. I like to do a variety of subjects both organic and hard edge. This guy's a Plateosaurus, a prosaurodpod. He looks a bit on the weird side doesn't he? But I was really lucky in that I was able to work with the paleontologists at Cardiff museum when making him, which was just awesome.

Plateosaurus_Closeup_by_Barquentine.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyJuliet

Going further with exhaust:

clay15.jpg

I know I'm working slowly if compared to others...:lol:

Now I'm facing a wall as I have no clue on the last internal pieces design - Turbine wheel -.

The drawings or cuts I've found after many hours of search on the R15-300 always show the compressor side not the exhaust.

Same things for the few MiG-25 walkarounds I got.The 3/4 view pics show nothing of the inside.:\

Help!