Your aircraft on "Light Way"

Russian Radar warnig system (RWS), well know as Bereyoza, has a little triangle indicator near the rear left horizontal stabilizer.

Lock On manual Version 1.1 describes this indicator as "Your Aircraft on Light Way". That is on page 19 of the manual.

Does anybody know what exactly that means?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Bad translation.

The circular little "path" of RWR lights is a "light way". (Like a highway or a roadway, but - for lights, instead of cars.)

As the radar emitter (e.g. active radar missile) approaches, more lights illuminate along the "light way" in a circular direction, growing ever closer to the triangle that represents your aircraft. When the light way is fully illuminated, all the way around to the triangle, the radar emitter should have arrived at your aircraft.

-SK

i pulled my hair out over this as well.

the triangle is supposed to represent you (your aircraft) so as the radar emitter comes closer to you (increaces in strength) the lights illuminate up around the "light way" till they reach your aircraft.

have a look on page 20/262 of the 1.1 readme. it seems to explain it best.

cobra_sig01.jpg

And if you can imagine, in the original translation before editing, every sentence in the English manual was like that! Probably the editor himself simply didn't know how to translate this one.

And the readme, and the web page, and the training texts... We should be very thankful for Wags' many hours.

-SK

Thank you SwingKid. I am translating English verseion of the manual into Serbian. It is difficult job indeed.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

If this is a signal meter it should be "Radar Signal Strength" or "Radar Signal Intensity" meter or indicator. And from my experience this is how it works in the game.

Otherwise, if it truly uses dual baluns to vector the distance of the received signal it should be "Radar Distance" meter or indicator and each light would represent a distance measurement.

http://www.l-3com.com/randtron/img/designerpol.pdf#search='Dual%20Balun%20Radar'

:cool:

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.