See you next month,

Hmm think I'll hold off buying BiA as I've read a few other less than complimentary comments about it so I guess it's back to the ocean for me! Gonna keep an eye on these forums though as I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Lock On v1.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you need to step away from the freaking computer and take several deep breaths of Oxygen.. Relax !!!! You guys are only getting upset for no reason.. Imagine there was never any mention of 1.1 now when it does come out it will be a surprice for most of us....

get out of these forums and take a break from all this crap... Come back in a week and do it all over again...just for fun .... lol

Release dates are always variable. It is a mistake to set yourself up for disappointment by thinking they are fixed and reliable. There are just too many things that can happen to a software development effort to put your hopes in an exact release time.

It will be released when it is ready and all the infrastructure and support is in place.

I think it was a mistake for TFC/ED to even mention a timeframe for release but there will be just as many people screaming for a date if one is not provided.

Just my opinion.

I agree that a software must be released when it's ready, but I also know that each and every software (even much more complex than FC) has a release date. If you don't want to say a day or month you can always use "year quarters". It gives a rough idea, while still keeping some room for last-minute changes.

Well FC should have been released many many many and again many months ago. Keep in mind that, whatever you call it, it is a patch, since the new features added are very few, especially when related to the price, which is quite high for an addon which must be downloaded from the Internet.

And also, keep in mind that there was an official statement made about 2 months ago which said that game developers had finished their job and were focussing on 1.2 development. What has happened during all this time? I think it's quite normal to be disappointed by the poor management at ED. I don't like Ubisoft as well as the other big "entertainment" corporates, but now we can guess some of the reasons why Ubisoft dropped ED.

So, there shouldn't be any surprise at all to see so many people disappointed here. And, like what happened with StarForce, again ED has failed to maintain proper contact with its community. The official statement came only in the evening after many complaints, while it should have been published some days ago. There are not formal rules here to follow, but people can decide whether to buy it or not, and if other companies behave more seriously than ED, it's quite normal that ED loses potential customers.

Guest ruggbutt

I think he spoke very succinctly. From the looks of it some people can't be satisfied. You'd be best serve to move on rather than be constantly disappointed. IMHO

what are you 10? grow up dude.

I believe a lot of people here, have some ... err, a lot of growing up to do.

However you guys justify your rants to ED, it all boils down to being spoiled rotten. Getting what you want, when you want it, and then complaining like hell when a few bugs appear. {Total Madness}

I really think, you guys should be complaining to your Child Psycholigist. For not treating your mental condition before you got this out of control.

Guest ruggbutt

I really think, you guys should be complaining to your Child Psycholigist. For not treating your mental condition before you got this out of control.

Shrinks are crazy too........:D

I believe a lot of people here, have some ... err, a lot of growing up to do.

Not all the people here are children who have nothing better to do all day long than posting on forums...

I have my own life, my girlfriend, my exams to do and some work to do too... so my life is already busy... but I also like LockOn, I play with it, and I am also using some part of my spare time to build skins and other kinds of small addons because I think I can give my own tribute to this community and to this sim.

I'm a bit disappointed when I see that the people who I'm supporting behave in this way. BTW, the delay of FC is not gonna cause any damage to anybody.

It's just a matter of being serious and respectful towards other people, who also happen to be your customers. Keep in mind you're gonna pay $ 35 for a patch that solves some issues and adds a new aircraft... but that still won't complete that game that was sold incomplete by Ubisoft (no dynamic campaing, stripped down AI plus a lot of copy&paste from Flanker 2)

As a moderator you shouldnt tell people not to buy the product from the company you beta tested the product and are a mod on their forum- imo.

I didnt tell anyone not to buy the product - I was replying to the thread starter saying...

This is getting boring. I used to check the main page and forums every day, but I am loosing interest now. I am not buying it. Long live Silent Hunter 3.

"As a moderator" I should just have locked his thread from the start - we are taking enough abuse from people who intend on buying the product to have to bother with people who clearly state they wont.

This English section of the Lock-on.ru forum was established specifically to provide the English speaking Lock-on community with a place for discussing the upcoming Lock-on 1.1 add-on and future titles from Eagle Dynamics.

-JJ.

JJ

I'm about a nanometer away from closing this tread as well...

However thesre seems to be one slight misunderstending... 1.1 is a very big change from stock lockon... it's not just a patch that adds new plane and some features.

And once more, please constructive, polite critisizm... Or thread gets axed. Can't be asked to repeat same thing over and over anymore

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

pftt couplea days...whatever :)

Well just to give some yang to the yang;

I do not care much about 'release date' DEVS :)

Good luck with your work, and i hope a vacation is in order when your work is completed.I am eagerly waiting on your products release.Though my luck once it does hit the market, Itll take me 3 weeks to get around ordering it. HAHA (But i will BE ordering it)

Good luck again DEVS dont believe all the hype u see in this room -We dont all care about release dates , rather i only care about release :).... If its available ->awesome!,

... Keep in mind you're gonna pay $ 35 for a patch that solves some issues and adds a new aircraft... but that still won't complete that game that was sold incomplete by Ubisoft (no dynamic campaing, stripped down AI plus a lot of copy&paste from Flanker 2)

Starlight,

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Please go here...

http://lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=9&scr=list&lang=en

...and do some reading.

The biggest merit of Lock-on 1.1 is exactly that it raises the overall standard of Lock-on to an entirely new level.

- JJ.

JJ

Starlight,

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Please go here...

http://lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=9&scr=list&lang=en

...and do some reading.

The biggest merit of Lock-on 1.1 is exactly that it raises the overall standard of Lock-on to an entirely new level.

- JJ.

ok guys, please calm down. Maybe I was misunderstood, but my point was just that from playing the 1.1 Demo I didn't notice very big changes to the game. At least I didn't notice so many changes to understand why there has been about one year of development and many months of delay of the release. And so I understand why there are many supporters who have lost their patience and bought other things with the money the were reserving for FC.

I've already read that page, JJ, I find there are interesting things about FC, but still I cannot find the solution of the two most terrific Lomac deficiencies: the DC and the AI. Lomac is absolutely beautiful and stunning when talking about details, but when it comes down to single player missions, it's quite frustrating since it's unplayable. but this is not the place to talk about that.

My comment was that if ED had problems to release the english version of FC, it could have aired that statement a bit earlier... not always to wait for complaints and then react. And also the continuous delay of the release date has not contributed to make it appear a serious thing.

I hope to have been polite enough, because the last thing I want is to start a flame. As I already mentioned, FC is not gonna change major things of my own life, so that I generally agree that if it's released ok, if it is not, ok anyway.

Yeh that was pretty much what I ment by constructive critisizm :~}

I didn'tget to test/play the demo, so I don't know what's in it, however, In full version, thesre are lots of things that are quite small, like new missile logic, new bomb behavior, which might seem very trivial to ajust, but in reality it take a long time to get right sometimes

Tnx,

BIOLOG

• ED Team

to be honest, any criticism on ED and the release date is sensless as mods are closing the threads - and the ED fanboi`s are bashing around with such nice questions like:

and how much of your money has been invested in the development of 1.1?

I dont know, but as i buyed Flanker and Flanker 2.0 and Lock On i cannot tell how much. Maybe ED can tell us.

Its always the same with every game forum - if any problems occure and you are crtitical about it you should be glad to be not banned.

You only get banned if you post something openly rude, or do a number of other stupid things (like starting 10 threads about the same thing)...

Nothing wrong with constructive critisizm (God I'm so tired of typing that phrase)

ok guys, please calm down. Maybe I was misunderstood, but my point was just that from playing the 1.1 Demo I didn't notice very big changes to the game. At least I didn't notice so many changes to understand why there has been about one year of development and many months of delay of the release. And so I understand why there are many supporters who have lost their patience and bought other things with the money the were reserving for FC.

Lets make things clear SL. Flaming Cliffs is not a new game, its an add-on aka expansion pack. You cant see abrupt changes on a game with an expasion pack. If you want such kind of changes you will have to wait for the next flight simulator of Eagle Dynamics.

Both of the main Lock On issues you are talking about , the AI and the DC, require a new game, with deep code changes. Remember IL2 Forgotten Battles? The game was supposed to bea simple addon to the original IL2, but for obvious reasons it came out as a game. ;)

ok guys, please calm down. Maybe I was misunderstood, but my point was just that from playing the 1.1 Demo I didn't notice very big changes to the game. At least I didn't notice so many changes to understand why there has been about one year of development and many months of delay of the release.

Calming down is always good :) .

As Biolog mentioned, you really need the full version to fully appreciate all the bug fixes, enhancements and extra features of 1.1 - not to mention to do some armour hunting in the new Su-25T. The Demo version is a very limited "teaser" designed mainly to give people a taste of the new AFM.

I've already read that page, JJ, I find there are interesting things about FC, but still I cannot find the solution of the two most terrific Lomac deficiencies: the DC and the AI. Lomac is absolutely beautiful and stunning when talking about details, but when it comes down to single player missions, it's quite frustrating since it's unplayable. but this is not the place to talk about that.

I realise that a lot of people have a DC as they highest wish for Lock-on, but this is, and always was, beyond the scope of an add-on.

Lock-on 1.1 does introduce improvements to the AI - there is certainly still room for improvements, but this is an area where you need to be very careful about what you do - each time you mess with the AI, there is an inherent danger that you end up having spent a lot of time trying to change something for the better on one area, only to realise that you have caused problems on another in the process. The AI improvement is an ongoing effort, which hopefully will result in a situation where a fully Dynamic Campaign system becomes a viable option.

However, I sincerely disagree with you, that Lock-on is is "unplayable" in single player.....I never fly online, and if I thought Lock-on was unplayable in single player, I wouldnt stick around myself :) .

My comment was that if ED had problems to release the english version of FC, it could have aired that statement a bit earlier... not always to wait for complaints and then react. And also the continuous delay of the release date has not contributed to make it appear a serious thing.

ED does not have problems releasing an English version of 1.1 as such - the problems have to do with the alternate distribution required for it. To put it plainly - for the Russian version ED has the publisher 1C to take care of all matters concerning distribution, for the English add-on version there is no such publisher and ED has to set up an entire online distribution network of its own....and make sure that it works as intended. This takes time and has apparently presented several unforseen problems.

The bottom line is that ED will not see a return on their time and effort setting up this online distribution system before the English add-on is out of the door.....which means that you can be sure that they are at least as anxious about its release as the Lock-on community :)

I hope to have been polite enough, because the last thing I want is to start a flame. As I already mentioned, FC is not gonna change major things of my own life, so that I generally agree that if it's released ok, if it is not, ok anyway.

You are polite enough :) . My only gripe with what you write, is that you keep referring to 1.1 as a "patch" - it is not a patch. The definition of a "patch" is a free fix that only addresses actual bugs. In addition to the new flyable Su-25T and associated new systems of this, Lock-on 1.1 introduces a host of new features and enhancements. Remember that on the Russian marked Lock-on 1.1 is a stand-alone title - you get the exact same contents with the English add-on.

- JJ.

JJ

The olny reason ED did English version as an addon IMHO, is because otherwise peopoe would have had to download LOATS more... Which is really inconciderate (sry for bad spelling) for dialup users... I tell you what... When we finally get the game, watch track called "Dogfight using Vikhr", and tell me it's just a patch...