Impressive shot

jpm1

It's retarded if you ask me. Someone watched Private Ryan too often there. There is no reasonable way to destroy a tank like that. And you'd be risking to be where your anti-tank units are aiming at. Nobody would do that in real combat conditions.

It's retarded if you ask me. Someone watched Private Ryan too often there. There is no reasonable way to destroy a tank like that. And you'd be risking to be where your anti-tank units are aiming at. Nobody would do that in real combat conditions.

When you have to improvise, some will. Its easiest to knock the treads off of tanks, its about an effective kill as destroying it. Javelins, Dragons, TOWs, and anything else can always run out or become fouled. Planting mines or demolitions on tanks at any opportunity works just fine. You just have to be careful.

i don't know what is P. Ryan i was takling at the conditional myself . maybe it was just to condition the men to the tanks presence and take the opportunity to make them do something unusual they'll talk about on leave and by doing this will consolidate the team spirit don't know . Another cool pic (don't reopen a thread) :

a05ab23f-3da6-46a6-b4e7-e00ccdd1d48f.jpg

Edited by jpm1

Guess it's just to familiarize them with the sights and sounds of a tank close up, trying to take some of the fear that is involved. Tanks were destroyed that way in WW2, and probably very recently. Not only the Wehrmacht did a training film showing how the common infantry soldier can disable enemy tanks that had broken through the lines, using dedicated or makeshift AT weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-g5sg4IrwY