Dualview monitors?

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm at a loss. I have some questions...

Im running Vista 32bit on a laptop at resolution 1440x900 and to the left a standard monitor at 1280x1024

I want to do right monitor Shkval/Abris and then center cockpit...does that mean there is a phantom monitor to the right side?

Description = 'test'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1440;

height = 900;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 640;

height = 900/2;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 640;

y = 0;

width = 640;

height = 900;

}

Option.lua

["fullScreen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 3.022222,

["height"] = 900,

["resolution"] = "2720x900",

["width"] = 2720,

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Is there another program that I need to get this to work on two monitors because currently all three Shkval/ABRIS/Cockpit all are displayed on the center monitor?

you are telling BS you want the shkval on the left side of the left monitor, with ABRIS right next to it. You added the two monitors, but did not include the phantom (or use the phantom monitor fix, which works well). Your total with the phantom monitor would be 4000 width. Not sure if you can use the smaller height resolution as a main. Be sure your options.lua points to the 'test.lua' for multi camera use.

Edited by JG14_Smil

I have installed phantom monitor fix and have gotten the shkval and abris on the left monitor and the cockpit on the center...the problem is the cockpit view is like 160x900.

It seems the total display area is limited to the standard UI selectable resolution option levels...in my case 1440x900.

Is there a way to bypass or add custom resolution to this selectable resolutions?

Edited by 44th Eagle

I read and tried and edited and tried again for 6 hours yesterday and I just can't get it.....if someone could help me as well.....want cockpit view on left and targeting/MFD on right. Resolutions are left 22" 1680x1050 and rt 19" 1280x1024 Nvidia 9600 windows vista 32x

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

Sorry Chandawg, this doesnt really answer your question but I just ordered the game and was reading the GUI manual. Page 15 states:

MONITORS. DCS allows you to output the video to one, two, or three seperate monitors. Options include:

1 Camera. All video will be displayed on a single monitor (default)

3 Cameras. Video will be equally spread between three separate monitors.

Shkval+Camera+ABRIS. This option allows the Shkval image to be displayed on the left monitor, the default camera on the center monitor, and the ABRIS display on the right monitor.

Shkval+Camera. This is a two monitor setup that allows the Shkval video image to be displayed on the left monitor and the default camera to be displayed on the right monitor.

Doesn't this setting take care of all that?

If not, am I going to still have to manually modify the settings as you are doing?

Cheers,

Doesn't this setting take care of all that?

If not, am I going to still have to manually modify the settings as you are doing?

I'm afraid you are.

The manual does state that it supports triple monitors. But the default configuration only works on a Matrox TH2G setup, which actually has the triple monitors recognized as one.

If you are using dual head graphic cards, then as far as I know, you will have to work on the scripts to make it work.

I have triple 22' 1680x1050 monitors, and I am planing to get a TH2G later. Right now, two of them are connected to my GTX295, with the 3rd one temporarily unused.

I tried putting shkval to the right of the main camera, but was stuck on the phantom monitor part. The entire 3360x1050 picture was centered in reference with the primary monitor, which left an 840x1050 area on the right monitor empty. At my best attempt I was only getting an intact cockpit view and the left half of the shkval window.

Just learned about the phantom fix from this thread, and I'll try it asap. Good luck with yours.

I'm afraid you are.

The manual does state that it supports triple monitors. But the default configuration only works on a Matrox TH2G setup, which actually has the triple monitors recognized as one.

TH2G is not necessary , working fine with Softh as a software solution. See here ;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39577

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

TH2G is not necessary , working fine with Softh as a software solution. See here ;

Dude thanks for the note. I wasn't quit sure about the internal mechanism of softTH, so I didn't enlist this solution.

Actually before I fully upgraded my rig, I was able to try it out once, with an ATi card and an nVidia card on my old motherboard. I ran Crysis Warhead on it, with triple 22' monitors configured at 800x600x3 from softTH. Gameplay was smooth enough for the old CPU and MB, but some polygons were in the wrong place.

I think I'll first get a GTX260+ as a secondary graphic card for softTH. To be honest, I'd prefer going with Matrox TH2G, coz it features much lower power consumption. However, I also need to rotate monitor(s) for scripting purposes, and it's really important to me. If Matrox TH2G had the support for rotated display on individual monitors, I would definitely have bought one.

Does SoftTH work with dual monitors without a third "phantom"? The last time I checked I could only get dual head working by pretending that there's a third monitor and that makes multiplayer unusable (all the buttons on the multiplayer GUI screen are not accessable with a phantom monitor).

Man I wish that kegety would release a "SoftDH" as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force