Dear ED

I don't mind that you're taking more time to fix the game, but stop making promises you can't keep. Please, just say the game is due somewhere in first half of 2005 and be very vague because every time you say it's due out next month, it gets pushed back. You build up hype only to say it's delayed for another month. It makes for a very bad marketing strategy, as people will start to think this company isn't very reliable. So to help yourselves, and me (and us), please just post on your website "Due First Half of 2005". I think that gives you lots of lee-way to fix the game and what not and still retain a sensible deadline atmosphere.

Thanks

Sounds very reasonable!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I don't care how long it takes and what is the date on the main page..If the final product turns out to be what we all expected, then I think it was worth all the wait and 'hype'.

I have a feeling they're still working on the game, which is fantastic and just shows they want it to be a complete product. I play the demo all the time and use the 1.02 just for ME...I can only imagine what the full version would be like..if it takes long..so be it..I have every confidence they won't dissapoint us..hell, they PATCHED the demo..that speaks for itself.. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

BIOLOG,

Just for my information; what is out of line about the previous posts? I would hate to make whatever mistake they seem to be making. Seriously, I'm not sure what prompted the "Careful, guys" response.

Thanks,

-spearsd

I'm curious, just where did you see a promise made by anyone at ED?
You're playing with words Stormin ... if someone publishes a planned delivery date ... and then fails to delivery ... thats poor ... its amazing the loyalty of the people here.

We all know software development is difficult, things take 10x as long to write as planned, bugs are found and have to be patched, but for many, this constant slipping of the delivery date is just a string of broken promises ... its not a way to keep happy customers!

Perhaps we should have learnt from previous LO releases/patches ...

If we perhaps had more information on why the dates kept slipping (bugs found, issues over SF etc) that may help, either that or ED should just stop raising and dashing peoples hopes ... it really is a bad joke - I know its only a game, but people love this thing and spend 1000s on it (in h/w)

James

some information about release date of russian version LO:FC from 1C:

http://games.1c.ru/?type=news

24.03.2005 | В печати: "Lock On. Горячие скалы"

Фирма "1С" объявляет об отправке в печать игры "Lock On. Горячие скалы". В розничную продажу продолжение реалистичного и современного авиасимулятора от компании Eagle Dynamics, в котором игроков ждут масштабные военные кампании, а также детальный интерактивный курс обучения боевому применению самолета Су-25Т, поступит 1 апреля 2005 года в рамках серии 1С:КОЛЛЕКЦИЯ ИГРУШЕК (2 CD-ROM).

Short translation:

---------------------------------------------------

24.03.2005 | "Lock On. Flaming Cliffs" gone gold.

1C company announce, that master disks (2CD) of LO:FC gone to CD printing factory. Expected date of shipping - April, 1st.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sure, that this was a reason of delay of English release of LO:FC from March to April, since ED want to release both versions in same day.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

2CD is Russian stand-alone version.

English Add-on will have aproximatly 300mb size.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I'm not saying ED's not doing a good job, I'm saying that ED should stop posting false release dates on their websites so easily dis-loyal people wouldn't be annoyed.

I'm curious, just where did you see a promise made by anyone at ED?

Promise meaning "Game will be released in March" only to be changed to April near the end of March. This has happened many time since the original release date of November last year.

ED isn't like Valve or Microsoft where people either depend on their software or has enough hype for their software to be delayed. Lomac is for the niche market, and for any new comers, delays mean dis-interest, not increased hype over the game.

As for me, and probably most of the community, I'm fine with the delay since we all know it means is a better end product.

I think the best way to help ED is just to remove the release date for future products since we all know flight sims are usually delayed because of the complexity of them. They should just set a vague date like first half of 2005 so they have a 6 month lee-way to release the game. If they release it early, it looks good on the company. If they release in at the end of the six months, it'll seem like it was on time. IMO, they should implement the "Gone Gold" term too like most other game developers do.

Just some of my ideas for ED's marketing strategy because I don't see their marketing strategy to be one of their strengths.

BIOLOG,

Just for my information; what is out of line about the previous posts? I would hate to make whatever mistake they seem to be making. Seriously, I'm not sure what prompted the "Careful, guys" response.

Thanks,

-spearsd

LoL, "Careful Guys" wasn't posted as a warning, but rather as a gentle request to keep the tread civil (watched too many treads which started like that end up in flames).

And people are keeping things civil atm, so I am thankful :)

Sorry for any misunderstending :~}

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

You're playing with words Stormin ... if someone publishes a planned delivery date ... and then fails to delivery ... thats poor ... its amazing the loyalty of the people here.

We all know software development is difficult, things take 10x as long to write as planned, bugs are found and have to be patched, but for many, this constant slipping of the delivery date is just a string of broken promises ... its not a way to keep happy customers!

Well, we haven't payed for the add-on nor signed an order contract yet...

So we are not customers yet :D

Asus A7N8X-E (nForce2) + Athlon XP3000 + Geforce 4 ti 4200 (64 MB) + drivers 66.93+ 1 GB ram (dual chanel mode)

win 2000 sp4 + direct-X 9c

Perhaps we should have learnt from previous LO releases/patches ...

If we perhaps had more information on why the dates kept slipping (bugs found, issues over SF etc) that may help, either that or ED should just stop raising and dashing peoples hopes ... it really is a bad joke - I know its only a game, but people love this thing and spend 1000s on it (in h/w)

James

I'm not "playing" with words, I'm being realistic and accurate. If I were calling the shots I wouldn't mention even a planned release date.

Nobody has made or broken any promises. If you can't wait and are so disappointed that you have to wait for the product then you can show your ultimate contempt by not purchasing the product. But saying that promises are being broken implies an intentional deception that just is not taking place.

I understand the frustration of some people but I also believe that saying that promises are being broken is extreme and silly.

I'm not "playing" with words, I'm being realistic and accurate. If I were calling the shots I wouldn't mention even a planned release date.

Nobody has made or broken any promises. If you can't wait and are so disappointed that you have to wait for the product then you can show your ultimate contempt by not purchasing the product. But saying that promises are being broken implies an intentional deception that just is not taking place.

I understand the frustration of some people but I also believe that saying that promises are being broken is extreme and silly.

yeah, right... instead of making a thread of caring ED´s customers that just don´t like to see release dates postponed and are also understanding about it, just by saying "put first half 2005" so that people won´t be dissapointed is very extremist...

i´ve never been on my toes to get FC, as i understand the problems of software development... heck, my company´s web page and business and database engine took well over a year to develop...

however, ED´s customer relantionship DOES leave a lot to be desired...

whether promises were broken or not, for me, that is beyond the point... if customers believe they were, it´s very hard to change their minds with word pointing... a smart company would avoid that... i still believe that ED does some things ("wrong") but with sheer good willing... but i also think that some of those things are damaging to their image...

right now i coulnd´t care less if FC is released or not... when it comes... i´ll think about it...

even the foruns aren´t worth checking lately... :(

it´s been a long time since i last checked in here or UBI.