Beyond Modifing/Editing. Drawing the line.

I don't know what to make of it anymore. There are many mods out there for lomac. Most aren't a problem. One thing that has got me so pissed off is the people that abuse the LOPE editor. I can't recall the last A10 game I played where anybody used anything close to realistic loadouts. Only thing I've ever added was CBU-97's. Then just put realistic loadout of MK-84's and Mk-82's on correct pylons. (3x82's on close to center pylons, not center ones)

It makes it a totally unfair advantage to everybody else who actually does use a default loadout or use lope, but keep it under controll. I mean, come on, how hard can the game be with 24 IR Mavericks on your wings? Oh wait, thats not enough, lets throw in AGM-88 on our wingtips.

Or no wait, I got an idea. On Frogs vs. Hog missions, lets put dual AIM-9 sidewinders on each pylon and just start hunting Frogs.

I mean honestly, what is it coming too? You almost have to use an extreme loadout to keep a level playing field. This is beyond doing modifying, its beyond fun. It's cheating. And it needs to stop.

Most of all, can anybody tell me why any time I see any =ACL= member, they are usually the worst. I dont think I ever seen one of those guys carry mavericks on a correct package/pylon. Or fly without 4 AIM-9s or AGM-88s.

Anyway, Here are some examples of what im talking about: (Resized from 1280x1024 to 640x512 for forum purposes)

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

bs4.jpg

bs5.jpg

These are just small examples from just 1hr of total play time on acouple different servers/missions. And it's not just A-10 guy's, I mean come on, why do I see Su-33's carrying KH-25MP's? Or the Su-25 carrying 8 KH-25MP's? Or 8 KH-29L's ? or the TV 29?

I don't think I need to explain further, but I would like others input. If I missed something about the 1.1 restricting loadouts, please tell me about it so I can be happy about the new release. It's so frustarting to even play or host a game now if you want to ground pound. Why spend 1hr flying with MK-20's, CBU's on right pylons/count, and MK-82's with limited mavs when you can end the mission in 10min using a loadout of 24 IR mavericks and AGM-88's ?

I had to vent, and let it all out. There is a fine line between modifying/editing and cheating. And that line is getting crossed over, with a broken ankle, like a teenager trying to gaurd Michael Jordan.

This game so seriously needs a dedicated server with options =(

If you are flying in their server then YOU have no say in what they use. Don't get me wrong I agree with you, we should only use the real loadouts. But they are the ones paying for their cable or dsl modems not you or me. You have 2 choices here....join them or not, I chose not to join them. I find it more fun to use the real loadouts. I do use the real weapon loadout for the A-10, Su-33 and 29's sometimes. But that is the CORRECT loadouts , not a made-up 98 MAVERICK and 12 Aim-9 loadout. So you can't complain if they are in their own server. But if you have a server up and someone uses that loadout it's BOOT TIME!

If you are flying in their server then YOU have no say in what they use. Don't get me wrong I agree with you, we should only use the real loadouts. But they are the ones paying for their cable or dsl modems not you or me. You have 2 choices here....join them or not, I chose not to join them. I find it more fun to use the real loadouts. I do use the real weapon loadout for the A-10, Su-33 and 29's sometimes. But that is the CORRECT loadouts , not a made-up 98 MAVERICK and 12 Aim-9 loadout. So you can't complain if they are in their own server. But if you have a server up and someone uses that loadout it's BOOT TIME!

I am well aware of this and agree. I do leave the servers or I will try to use the real weapon loadout too and just play with them. But its frustarting to host when you have guys join like this. You kick them, they come back with same loadouts, etc. I dont have any problems with any of them personally, its just the loadouts they use, thats all.

My point was, some of this shit is taken to far.

Could you explain it further? Do both guys fly and the one which scores more hits on the ground wins or do you fly 1 on 1 A-10s for example ?

Mostly all the time, A10 and Su-25 missions are coop (everybody on one team.) It's frustarting when you take off with bombs and a few mavericks, lets say 6. Your mavs are easy kills, then you have to do stragetic bombing among other things like gun runs to take out AAA/SAMs, tanks, etc. But, the problem is, when your wingman has 24 IR mavericks....whats the point of even taking off? Think about it, 24 mavericks....most missions dont have more than 30 targets. Stand off shoot from 8nm away 24 times. You might as well just sit there and enjoy the show.

Thats good to hear. Although, what happens when somebody *mods* a file so you can change your loadout in 1.1? Do we still call it fair play?

Anyway, I just want to make it clear that I dont have anything agaisnt any single pilot in lock on. I juse used those photos as examples, I enjoy flying missions with ACL or Jluc_Dap. I needed to vent a little. I just wish there was something to help keep it undercontrol or make it a level playing field, glad to see this will happen in 1.1....

Oh.. ^%$# I hit the wrong button.. lol Yeah I was trying to add in that I'm referring specifically to rooms where there are clear rules forbidding bogus loadouts. LOPE is a cheat as far as I'm concerned, but I guess I could see it if someone was making a room for Maverick practice or something... Anyway if you join a room using bogus loadouts, you know exactly what you're doing- I've read certain posts amounting to.. "I forgot, I didn't know that I had it on"... Bull. The idea that you don't know what your loadout is before clicking "fly" is laughable.

Yeah, I've seen a few guys do that. On Hogs and Frogs that gives them an unfair advantage alright. I find its quite rare on the net for a/g missions, most guys are doing airquake instead. The only solution to cheats is to run your own server and boot the ones who do that. I've actually played hogs n frogs against some guys in Su39 mod. If you think 24 mavs is bad try flying against a 39 in an A10, although it was in the mission description I think its a hint of what the Su25T will be like.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I dont fully understand the online mode with a A-10 and a SU-25. Could you explain it further?

It depends entirely on the map. The ACL guys and most other people only fly A/G in CO-OPs. So mostly it's a bunch of guys flying on the same team with a collective aim, which generally doesn't extend beyond blowing up all the vehicles on the map.

You can, rarely, find someone hosting A/G aircraft in a head to head role. I've recently been working on developing some Red vs. Blue missions with CAS, CAP, Strike, and Intercept goals combined into one big battle scenario. So far people seem to really enjoy them. Loadout hacks like the ones discussed above are more of a problem in these games, as people coming in with ARH missiles on the MiG-29A/Su-27 or using 20 AGM-65Ds plus ARMs on the Hog will suck all the fun out of the game for the people who are trying to complete their objectives the proper way.

LOMAC 1.1 will apparently be able to push LUA files to the client, meaning it will be able force them to use the loadouts set out by the host. Though who knows how long it will take for someone to find a way around 1.1, and start breaking the host's rules again.

Using hacked loadouts on your own server is your own business, using them on other people's is cheating.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

you are complaining because you are an a-10 newbie.

A-10 veterans like to carry extra weapons because the targets are too far, too many or they aren't interested in going back to land and reload the 5-6 times required to end the mission. A newbie will get shot down over and over again so it won't matter to him.

Most of the people who bother to make a-10 missions are already good at it and don't mind modded loadouts. A newbie will be frustrated watching these elite guys cleaning out the map.

If you host and you don't allow modded loadouts then just say so in your hosting text.

Personally it depends on the mission. If it's a big missions with lots of sams you can mod your loadout all you want (as long as you don't carry weapons your plane can't carry). You're welcome to use 18mavs because you will be shot down if you suck anyways. If it's a light easy mission then 18mavs is target hogging and will get the boot.

I agree with you on payload issue. It's not something I allow when I host or use when I join other games, though I can't control everyone's payload when I'm not hosting. For those of you that actually read the briefing, at the top of all of mine, you'll find "NO JACKED PAYLOADS," followed by an explanation and definition, and usually consequences. I don't appreciate being lumped into a group of people you're going to insult because of my tag. You have a problem with someone or their payloads, take it up with them.

I provide the following payload for most of my online games, both with and without rockets on pylons 2 and 10. You won't see me with anything else unless the mission calls for for it or I'm flying in a server that requests/orders otherwise.

http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chennuts44/ScreenShot_534

http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chennuts44/ScreenShot_540

ScreenShot_534_smaller

ScreenShot_541

A-10 veterans like to carry extra weapons because the targets are too far, too many or they aren't interested in going back to land and reload the 5-6 times required to end the mission. A newbie will get shot down over and over again so it won't matter to him.

Most of the people who bother to make a-10 missions are already good at it and don't mind modded loadouts. A newbie will be frustrated watching these elite guys cleaning out the map.

If you host and you don't allow modded loadouts then just say so in your hosting text.

Personally it depends on the mission. If it's a big missions with lots of sams you can mod your loadout all you want (as long as you don't carry weapons your plane can't carry). You're welcome to use 18mavs because you will be shot down if you suck anyways. If it's a light easy mission then 18mavs is target hogging and will get the boot.

That is the fun part is going back to base landing and rearming, then doing it all over again. If you are going to use 24 Mavs, you might as well use UNLIMITED LOADOUTS AND FUEL.

That is the fun part is going back to base landing and rearming, then doing it all over again. If you are going to use 24 Mavs, you might as well use UNLIMITED LOADOUTS AND FUEL. It sucks for us that use normal loadouts and we while they use modded ones. Since we have to go back to base more then them. They can hung around the target area longer, but like I said if it's in their server, it's their rules.

This is absolutely ridiculous ... people packing 18 mavs are 'veterans?' ... I could blow up every target on the map with 18 mavs, or close to, without worrying about getting shot down at all. Real hog pilots use iron ;)

And no Hog pilot I know of tries to take out the entire army - sjust the stuff in their killbox, and they're definitely not expected to do it all on their own.

Veteran pilots? Hehhehe. Maybe they should try something challenging like using iron bombs alone and living through it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You almost have to use an extreme loadout to keep a level playing field. This is beyond doing modifying, its beyond fun. It's cheating.

Not to quibble but it seems you should be able to run two sorties with a standard loadout and still hit as many targets as a heavily modded loadout could do on one sortie even if it takes you longer.

It takes a higher skill level to survive a high threat environment without resorting to AGM 45/88 mods. Its more exciting to hit a Strela or KUB site with a good Rockeye attack that it is to hit one from standoff range with a Mav or HARM.

Calling modded loadout cheating may be your your view on the practice. But then you did say you fly with CBU-97s (a LOPE mod) so you're only cheating a little bit?

I'd say that cheating is deliberately violating the rules of a game to gain an unfair advantage over the other players.

If the server host allows modded loadouts and anyone that wants to can use them it's probably not cheating. If only the host could use a certain loadout and it gave him an unfair advantage that would be cheating.

If you're not playing on a server where you're having fun you should find people to fly with who feel the same way you do. Run your own server with your rules. Ver 1.1 will help since it will enforce loadouts based on the ability to push your MeInit.xml data to the clients.

FWIW guys... the A-10A, in combat, can only use 4 Mavs in one load, and only on stations 3 and 9. It does not use LAU-10 Zuni rockets either.

In Lock On as it is now, the ability to carry Mavs and Rockeyes is over modeled and the ability to carry iron bombs is under modeled.

I made a realistic A-10 weapons mod for v1.1 that I'll release after 1.1 is out.

That is the fun part is going back to base landing and rearming, then doing it all over again. If you are going to use 24 Mavs, you might as well use UNLIMITED LOADOUTS AND FUEL. It sucks for us that use normal loadouts and we while they use modded ones. Since we have to go back to base more then them. They can hung around the target area longer, but like I said if it's in their server, it's their rules.

right real fun. fly back to base and rearm 6-10 times during a mission. boring. But for most people it doesn't matter. They go out and get shot down and rearm anyways. Servers that allow modded loadouts have an understanding among players that they are using modded loadouts. If you don't want one, don't join and that's the bottom line

This is absolutely ridiculous ... people packing 18 mavs are 'veterans?' ... I could blow up every target on the map with 18 mavs, or close to, without worrying about getting shot down at all. Real hog pilots use iron ;)

And no Hog pilot I know of tries to take out the entire army - sjust the stuff in their killbox, and they're definitely not expected to do it all on their own.

Veteran pilots? Hehhehe. Maybe they should try something challenging like using iron bombs alone and living through it.

I dunno what pussy missions you're playing but try taking on a kub site with mavs only. Your average newbie can't even survive a lowly sa6 sam site. If you knew anything about a-10's you would know it's not the amount of weapons you carry. Just because veterans like to carry a large loadout doesn't mean anyone who uses a large loadout is a veteran. Anyone would realize this.

I dunno what pussy missions you're playing but try taking on a kub site with mavs only. Your average newbie can't even survive a lowly sa6 sam site. If you knew anything about a-10's you would know it's not the amount of weapons you carry. Just because veterans like to carry a large loadout doesn't mean anyone who uses a large loadout is a veteran. Anyone would realize this.

SA-6? One shot, one dead SA-6. Iron or clusters of rthe rest. I don't really aprticularely care wether a newbie can survive it or not; I care about how he does what he does. Besides, it's the iglas and the strelas that'll eat you alive, not the KUB's and BUK's and GRUMBLEs. 18 Mav's is nothing but shooting fish in a barrel, period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

right real fun. fly back to base and rearm 6-10 times during a mission. boring. But for most people it doesn't matter. They go out and get shot down and rearm anyways. Servers that allow modded loadouts have an understanding among players that they are using modded loadouts. If you don't want one, don't join and that's the bottom line

Have you seen what I wrote at the beginning of this thread!!! any of my others post? I said "it is their server" Returning to base 5-6 times is more fun then having 82 mavs for me. What other people like or do does not concern me.

Hi all.

When I am flying the hog and going against sams, I start out high and start edging towards it's firing range. As soon as it fires I hit the deck as fast as possible pumping out flares/chaff and then at the last possible moment, pull up and towards to avoid it. I continue on past it building up altitude, then turn around and do it all over again until I believe it is out of ammo. then I go in for the kill.

I cannot get myself to load up a hog with so many mav's. I like using iron and cluster bombs, the shockwave looks great. -KILSEK

and people still wonder why there are so few players online...

i still remember the time when i didn´t have broadband internet and i was left wondering how much fun everyone was having online...

after having internet access in my house... tried a few times, then gave up permanently...