Beyond Modifing/Editing. Drawing the line.

Besides, it's the iglas and the strelas that'll eat you alive, not the KUB's and BUK's and GRUMBLEs.

laughable. maybe you should stop playing against the little ones like iglas and strelas. hell most iglas can't even hit an a-10 flying straight and level with no auto flares. Guns on iglas and strelas, mavs on bigger fish.

you are complaining because you are an a-10 newbie.

A-10 veterans like to carry extra weapons because the targets are too far, too many or they aren't interested in going back to land and reload the 5-6 times required to end the mission. A newbie will get shot down over and over again so it won't matter to him.

Most of the people who bother to make a-10 missions are already good at it and don't mind modded loadouts. A newbie will be frustrated watching these elite guys cleaning out the map.

If you host and you don't allow modded loadouts then just say so in your hosting text.

Personally it depends on the mission. If it's a big missions with lots of sams you can mod your loadout all you want (as long as you don't carry weapons your plane can't carry). You're welcome to use 18mavs because you will be shot down if you suck anyways. If it's a light easy mission then 18mavs is target hogging and will get the boot.

You're definately not hard core fighter pilot are you! Stop being lazy and do it properly or is landing too hard for you in the hog. BTW look at my next comment bellow.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

FWIW guys... the A-10A, in combat, can only use 4 Mavs in one load, and only on stations 3 and 9. It does not use LAU-10 Zuni rockets either.

In Lock On as it is now, the ability to carry Mavs and Rockeyes is over modeled and the ability to carry iron bombs is under modeled.

I made a realistic A-10 weapons mod for v1.1 that I'll release after 1.1 is out.

Now look at this guy Coldcrew, you can tell hes a hard core pilot. REalism vs laziness take your pick.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Guest ruggbutt
FWIW guys... the A-10A, in combat, can only use 4 Mavs in one load, and only on stations 3 and 9. It does not use LAU-10 Zuni rockets either.

In Lock On as it is now, the ability to carry Mavs and Rockeyes is over modeled and the ability to carry iron bombs is under modeled.

I made a realistic A-10 weapons mod for v1.1 that I'll release after 1.1 is out.

Can you either make a text doc or post here what stations carry what weapons? I'd like to put some missions together w/real loadouts.

Also, I fly w/some of the 169th guys coop sometimes and for the most part we don't have problems w/Strelas and such. It's the A/A that is hidden or doesn't open fire till you fly over them is what messes up your day. I've found that SAMs are fairly easy to avoid and decoy if you know they're there.

A stupid and unnecessary personal attack. You bore me with your silliness.

Not really an attack, just trying to convince you to be a hard core flight simmer. If you want to play air war shootem ups then get Acecombat 5. Remember the real pilots to it the proper way. Fence in, IP(time on Target), Egress, cruise home, cover your wingmans 6, enter the circuit, request clearance to land, be a team player. In mission if the job ain't finished refuel, rearm and back into it. Hopefully there will be a lope blocker in the future and more servers will use it to promote a more professional approach to doing these missions online. I don't mind if other players use these modifications on their own servers, thats fine by me but your score don't count. You can tell the good pilots are the ones who fly back, refuel, rearm and then return to finish the job. BTW sometimes its handy to have a few 25s flying SAM suppression rather than having the arcade approach and putting antiradiation missiles on your A-10.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Not really an attack, just trying to convince you to be a hard core flight simmer. If you want to play air war shootem ups then get Acecombat 5. Remember the real pilots to it the proper way. Fence in, IP(time on Target), Egress, cruise home, cover your wingmans 6, enter the circuit, request clearance to land, be a team player. In mission if the job ain't finished refuel, rearm and back into it. Hopefully there will be a lope blocker in the future and more servers will use it to promote a more professional approach to doing these missions online. I don't mind if other players use these modifications on their own servers, thats fine by me but your score don't count. You can tell the good pilots are the ones who fly back, refuel, rearm and then return to finish the job. BTW sometimes its handy to have a few 25s flying SAM suppression rather than having the arcade approach and putting antiradiation missiles on your A-10.

lol I don't think it matters here anyways. My a-10 skills speak for itself in hyperlobby. I'm just wondering about your idea that the amount of weapons you carry somehow translate into being a good or bad pilot. Whether you carry 18 mavs or you land and reload 18times has nothing to do with skill, nor does flying back and refueling. Some of us aren't interested in doing it the 4-5 times required. Even with the fast su25 after reloading 2-3 times I just get bored with the whole thing and leave. I played coop mission today, from base to target was 173km, took about 15mins of flying in the a-10 to get there and then I have to fly back and reload? and do it all over again?

Can you either make a text doc or post here what stations carry what weapons? I'd like to put some missions together w/real loadouts.

Hi ruggbutt,

Not including the different colored smoker generators on stations 1 and 11...

Station 1: ALQ-131; 2x AIM-9; 1x Mk-82; 1x Mk-20.

Station 2: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP smoke rockets; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 1x SUU-25 flare pods.

Station 3: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 3x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP; 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 3x Mk-82; 1x Mav D/K; 2x Mav D/K; 1x SUU-25.

Station 4: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 3x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP; 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 3x Mk-82.

Station 5: 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82.

Stations 7 through 10 are the same as above.

Station 11: ALQ-131; 2x AIM-9; 1x Mk-82; 1x Mk-20.

AGM-65 Mavericks are either on single racks or TERs but only the outside and bottom rack being loaded due to the rocket motor damage that would occur to the landing gear tire if the inboard rack of the TER was loaded. v1.1 has the outboard and bottom racks only available for loading on TERS when using the custom payload editor.

Its along time since I've flown the Hog (getting readyfor FC) ... but I found that it would struggle to stay in the air with 4 x Mavs and 4 bombs ... how do you guys stay airborne with all those weapons? (someone said 18) Is it that weight/drag isn't modelled correctly or is it another 'mod'?

James

Guest ruggbutt
Hi ruggbutt,

Not including the different colored smoker generators on stations 1 and 11....

Thanks Shepski. I appreciate it. I'll be modifying 1.02 w/LOPE to reflect these changes.

Coldcrew, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get a kill w/a Mav. What differentiates the men from the boys is knowing that you have AAA and SAMs in the area and deciding exactly how you're going to use the four Mavs you have loaded on your wings. I've flown missions in and out of Shilkas whilst dropping Rockeye's and '82's after using my Mavs on the real threats.

I tend to fly w/skilled pilots on voice comms. You'd be surprised at how much a couple of my guys and a couple of the 169th guys will kickass by doing it the hard way. Often times when I've been Winchester I'd make myself bait until one of the others smoked the SAM. It's not hard to do, you just need some situational awareness and some competent pilots.

What you're doing is equivalent to Airquake.

awesome .. thanks Shepski.

any reason why ED didnt incorporate these changes into 1.1 instead of you having to make a mod? perhaps for 1.2??

PS not sure what everyone is arguing over.

Each to their own i say. If you want to use lope then go ahead and do it in a server that allows it. If thats not your thing, find a server that doesn't allow illegal weapons and enjoy your "realism". Simple really.

cobra_sig01.jpg

A while ago I went through Shepski’s realistic weapons Mod, which doesn’t work in 1.02, and I used LOPE to get the same real world load outs.

I’ll have to go through the list that Shepski has made above but at a glance it looks the same.

a109as.jpg

The only thing I added to the Su33 are the MER’s from the real world weapons mod everything else is the stock load out. However I don’t use the MER stations online I always go with the stock/ default load out.

su331js.jpg

Those are the only adjustments I’ve made and all were done in the pursuit of realism, I don’t understand why anyone would want a fantasy load out like the ones posted in this thread. If you need to carry a wing full of Mavs then you need more training/practice or you need to adjust the mission…. but hey its your game play it like you want as long as the server allows it then I guess its OK… but its just not for me.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

That is the fun part is going back to base landing and rearming, then doing it all over again. If you are going to use 24 Mavs, you might as well use UNLIMITED LOADOUTS AND FUEL.

Exactly what I was thinking…

Hi Shepski,

What about CBU-97's?

Also, according to Raytheon's site the AGM-65K is equipped with a 300lbs warhead ... ED, please get that looked into! It would make a real diference between the weapons and make people thing about which weapon to load up on.

Hi ruggbutt,

Not including the different colored smoker generators on stations 1 and 11...

Station 1: ALQ-131; 2x AIM-9

Station 2: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP smoke rockets; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 1x SUU-25 flare pods.

Station 3: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 3x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP; 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 3x Mk-82; 1x Mav D/K; 2x Mav D/K; 1x SUU-25.

Station 4: 1x LAU-61 Hydra; 3x LAU-61 Hydra; 1x LAU-61WP; 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82; 3x Mk-82.

Station 5: 1x Mk-84; 1x Mk-20; 1x Mk-82.

Stations 7 through 10 are the same as above.

Station 11: 2x AIM-9.

AGM-65 Mavericks are either on single racks or TERs but only the outside and bottom rack being loaded due to the rocket motor damage that would occur to the landing gear tire if the inboard rack of the TER was loaded. v1.1 has the outboard and bottom racks only available for loading on TERS when using the custom payload editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Shepski,

What about CBU-97's?

Also, according to Raytheon's site the AGM-65K is equipped with a 300lbs warhead ... ED, please get that looked into! It would make a real diference between the weapons and make people thing about which weapon to load up on.

Hi,

I didn't include CBU-97s because of the old model and textures... they just don't fit in with the rest of the weapons and I assume the CBU-97's are modeled identically to the Mk-20 anyway.

You're part of the team now... start asking questions. :)

BTW... I tried to get this mod included in v1.1 but it didn't work out with time lines from what I understand. I also added the Mk-20 and Mk-82 to stations 1 and 11 in my post above since I missed them the first time.

Thanks Shepski. I appreciate it. I'll be modifying 1.02 w/LOPE to reflect these changes.

Coldcrew, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get a kill w/a Mav. What differentiates the men from the boys is knowing that you have AAA and SAMs in the area and deciding exactly how you're going to use the four Mavs you have loaded on your wings. I've flown missions in and out of Shilkas whilst dropping Rockeye's and '82's after using my Mavs on the real threats.

I tend to fly w/skilled pilots on voice comms. You'd be surprised at how much a couple of my guys and a couple of the 169th guys will kickass by doing it the hard way. Often times when I've been Winchester I'd make myself bait until one of the others smoked the SAM. It's not hard to do, you just need some situational awareness and some competent pilots.

What you're doing is equivalent to Airquake.

That is how it is done! You have to adapt to what is going on and fast. OT, that strobe light mod is sweeeeeeeeet!

GG, I don't think the 3*MERs for the Maverick can hold the -65G/K models with the larger warhead. So then that must be changed. Besides, it's not like the -65K in Lo-mac is modelled like the 65K anyway - it doesn't have the newer features of the new seeker, like TV zoom, etc.

And, IIRC, the AGM-65D is painted olive drab, and the EO mavs and -65G painted white, and laser AGM-65Es painted grey. Maybe Dice can chime in here and set things straight.

sigzk5.jpg

According to Wags, the color corresponds to year of manufacture, not type. Insofar as to how many you can hold on the multiple ejector racks, the most I hear quoted for any type is two, with the TER being available but never used for a number of reasons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda