Scenery Tools available! [Old / For FC2]

amalahama

Alright fixed the black box issue. Make sure to always check your texture resolutions, as global mapper doesn't do a perfect job of cutting them to exactly square dimensions. 60 of my 336 textures were 512x510 and 60 were 512x514. Now I need to figure out how to get 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 tile imagery.

screenshot161.jpg

screenshot160zh.jpg

Edited by SilentEagle

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it error out? I have gotten most of the entire state of Nevada with it no problem

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

It just runs super slow and takes minutes to reload the view every time you move cause it's dealing with so many high res texture tiles. I know you can turn off the imagery, but that is a pain. Is there any way to make it appear lower res in the window to make it run faster?

Well, I've gotten the basic export working, as you can see in the screenshots. I'm still getting a texture seam issue similar to trujillostm's, though. In certain places it's because I haven't done the vertex alignment yet, but in others the vertices are perfectly aligned, and it's in fact impossible to tell there's a seam there when you're right on top of it - but it appears when you move away. I assume it's some sort of texture filtering issue, but I have no idea what's causing it.

Only other issue here is that the displacement method doesn't result in very clean coastlines (or any at all), so I will probably have to spend a long time cutting them out to match the texture.

(oh, and ignore the cream-colored ocean, this is just the mesh with the texture draped over it, no semantics or ocean mesh; that's the GM background color.)

land_ss01.thumb.jpg.28a2da1de359679bdf9f0a5749924074.jpg

land_ss02.thumb.jpg.1458ae6a80cd12ac2f3bb7ac87040779.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Luckybob, is there any word on the resolution/color clashing at low altitude issue being addressed by ED? It remains a big problem with all the terrain textures I am using and I really think they should have kept advanced haze.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

No idea, sorry. I am not sure i understand it though. can you post a screenshot illustrating the problem?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

ScreenShot_010.jpg

(Sorry Blaze, I hijacked this pic from you lol)... You can see here what is going on. The color mask of the terrain texture is overpowering the much higher resolution noise texture. It makes the terrain look fake and low res.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Actually before FC 2.0, there was an advanced haze ground effect which did a better job at hiding this:

screenshot009g.png

2coondh.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Theres a file someplace that says how much of the noise file comes up at what level. Try changing those values

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Where is this file located? Also if I change the parameters will it effect other theaters or will it exclusively effect the single one? This is a big issue for terrains that use satellite imagery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This section in particular.

OldLandNoise
{
   perSquare = 5;
   perSquare2 = 150;
   front = 1000;
   back = 25000;
   top = 2500;
   map_high = 20000;
   bottom = 2000;
   noisemax = 0.5;
   noisemin = 0.1;
}
NoiseStrip
{
   min = 2095;
   max = 2505;
}

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 4 weeks later...

This is an annoying bug with the mission builder, and it won't be fixed until ED releases a mission map editor for FC2 (doubt it will ever happen as they will only support DCS from now on).

You can add items to this area via the scenery (.scn) files, but not the mission editor.

I have read that the land Hi Res 3D Max template is set up to be

40 sq KM in size (16 10km squares).

I have also read that as far as elevation goes, using 75000 in the displace modifier is really simply just what looks correct as far as elevations go in the simulation.

No issues here as we all deal with these "Lockonisms" when modding this Sim.

What I am having a slight issue with as far as size goes is with the Anapa Airfield wiki supplied model as it fits onto the Hi res land template.

What I am finding is that when this airfield example is merged into the template it appears that the airfield runway is around 4km long. Clearly this is way to long as compared to reality.

The issue in trying to create and accurate scenery around the airfield I am trying to create is difficult as the airfield is way to large sitting on the template.

Is this just another "that's the way it is" and just move on? Or, am I missing something here.

Racer

This is an annoying bug with the mission builder, and it won't be fixed until ED releases a mission map editor for FC2 (doubt it will ever happen as they will only support DCS from now on).

You can add items to this area via the scenery (.scn) files, but not the mission editor.

I think with a mod for the editor, we can bypass the error, like change class from vehicles to ships or other thinks, but i don't know what files to change.

I have read that the land Hi Res 3D Max template is set up to be

40 sq KM in size (16 10km squares).

I have also read that as far as elevation goes, using 75000 in the displace modifier is really simply just what looks correct as far as elevations go in the simulation.

No issues here as we all deal with these "Lockonisms" when modding this Sim.

What I am having a slight issue with as far as size goes is with the Anapa Airfield wiki supplied model as it fits onto the Hi res land template.

What I am finding is that when this airfield example is merged into the template it appears that the airfield runway is around 4km long. Clearly this is way to long as compared to reality.

The issue in trying to create and accurate scenery around the airfield I am trying to create is difficult as the airfield is way to large sitting on the template.

Is this just another "that's the way it is" and just move on? Or, am I missing something here.

Racer

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, just resize the splines of the anapa sample file to fit the texture that you overlay over it and all should be good.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Hi Luckybob9 !

Id like to make and add some new objects, buildings into DCSW.

Can u send us a new version of ModelViewer.exe which can load and show new .edm files ?

Last time (in DCSBS and FC2) i used ModelViewer.exe, which worked with .cmd and .lom files but not with .edm :(

I found \DCS A-10C Beta\Config\ModelViewer folder ! but what is this ?

sign-pic4.jpg