what is the best setting for dcs black shark?

My advice for your joystick is to set the buttons however it makes sense to you. I'm quite sure that my button settings have little resemblance to the real aircraft, but it doesn't matter, because that's how it works for me.

The three main autopilot lights (the damper buttons) should always be on, regardless of your flight situation. I'm sure someone can point out times when you'd want to turn them off, but I just leave them on full-time. Trying to land without those turned on would be...interesting...

Hi Bee Sting,

Have a look in the manual PDF that comes with the game..

In it there are pictures of the Cyclic (joystick) and Collective (throttle) with all of the real features on there.

Use that as a guide to bind up your own Joystick settings...

If you do not have a HOTAS (throttle), then just bind the "cyclic" buttons, and use the default keyboard keys to raise and lower collective.

If your joystick has a throttle lever on it, then use that as the collective axis.

The one case where you would turn off the AP channels (excepting Alt Hld) is if you find reason to suspect that the system is malfunctioning. If it is the case that the AP damper channels are not functioning correctly you may disengage them as a way to ensure that they don't do something drastically wrong that may cost you your life - and then, once they are disengaged, you are to immediately proceed to your airbase or FARP to have the APs looked at and repaired.

In any case of normal operation they are to be kept active. IRL, this is a hard rule for Ka-50 pilots, with them being liable to be punished if they are found to be unecessarily flying without the dampers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

For me the best thing to do is go with default mapping for first couple of hours, and then figure out which keys I'm hitting the most, then map those to stick. Guide in PDF is usefulish, but stuff like landing lights, and cockpit lighting switches I won't press often enough on the stick to make worthwhile.

Essentially, mine comes down to trim/autohover and weapons systems/Shkval controls.

Won't comment on landing technique until I stop busting tyres.

ya Bee, the shark is not for Ham Fisted Throttle jockys...banging the stic around will get you a big case of the OH $hit i'm going down blues...in a heartbeat...take your time find the keys you use the most...and if you have a hotas cool..if not a stic/w a handfull of button will help...btw what type of joystick you got?..5x5..ps never forget the right ctrl/enter(control indicator)is a tool you should learn to use..

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

You really need a full HOTAS for this sim. I use a Saitek X45 HOTAS and a G15 keyboard. They have just enough buttons/switches/keys to handle all the necessary items.

My button and key setup is as follows:

X-45 Stick

Hat switch 1: Camera view

Hat switch 2: HMS toggle / Select cannon / Select inboard pylons / Select outboard pylons

Btn 1: Fire cannon

Btn 2: Lock target

Btn 3: Flares

Btn 4: Release weapons (missiles/rockets/bombs)

Btn 7: Auto Hover

Btn 8: Uncage Shkval

X-45 Throttle

Btn POV1 (mini hat switch): Slew Shkval

Btn 5: Trim

Btn 6: Trim reset

Joy Slider2 (rotary): View zoom

Btn 19/20/21/22 (4-way switch): Head-on airborne target / Ground moving target / Auto turn-on target / Airborne target

Rudder rocker: rudder

G15 Keyboard

G7/G8/G10/G11: Autopilot buttons (BANK / HDG / PITCH / ALT)

G9: Master Arm

G12: Laser Standby

G13: Datalink - Vehicle target

G14: Datalink - AAA target

G15: Datalink - Other target

G16: Datalink - Select Wingman #2

G17: Datalink - Select All Wingmen

G18: Datalink - Memory / Transmit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]