Message from Nic Cole´s mother

as requested by Nic Cole mother, here is a message to all of us:

"Just a short note from me, Nic’s Mum.

It has given me so much comfort to read the forums about Nic. It would appear he had touched the lives of hundreds of people. It was really nice to hear the comments from those of you who had either had e-mail dealings with Nic, talked to him on the phone or met him “in the flesh”. Also those of you who appreciated his efforts on the LOMAC manual, thank you.

Nic was a very good boy, a real good kid and then we feel a really good man. Very easy-going, always willing to “go with the flow” as they say. He was a very loving son to me and we used to talk a lot. Since I had Nic when I was only 18, the not-too-big age gap meant we found it easy to communicate. Nic has a brother Andy Cole who is also finding it very hard. Nic’s Dad had died 3 years ago so he had had his share of sadness already. My husband, Mike had been his step-Dad for over 20 years ago and was very much his “mate” and misses him like mad.

Nic enjoyed life to the full. He and Andrea were so so completely in love I could see he had a very happy and fulfilled life. I think we should try to think optimistically – we should have nice thoughts about how lucky they were to find each other. How lucky we all were to have known Nic – as well as me, his family, his mates in Sheffield, his customers for his IT business and all of you out there.

Regarding the LOMAC Manual, my son Andy is trying to take over this side and is going to try and get everyone manuals that have been ordered, but this will take some time, so please please be patient while he sorts this out. He may even do further runs of the manual if he can –I know Nic would like that.

I was thrilled about the idea that Nic might be a pilot in the next release of LOMAC and someone is kindly going to send us a copy. I know Nic would love this.

I would be very happy to hear from any of you directly as I find it a great comfort to know Nic made such a difference - not many of us can say that.

Graeme Gettings (mother of Nic Cole)

e-mail mike@mgettings.freeserve.co.uk"

i´d like to make another "small" request from all of you that were saddened or touched by Nic´s passing.

please "waste" 60 seconds of your time and write an e-mail to his mother just saying that you liked his manual or that he was kind on his e-mails or phone conversations.

it would mean 60 seconds less on whatever we had to do... but it would make a world of difference to the coming years of Nic´s family.

Thank you.

Just wondering if it's a good idea to leave his mother's e-mail in an open forum? a lot of spam companies use software that can scan forums like this and harvest e-mail addresses. Perhaps we could leave comments here and then pass on the url to his family?

Just wondering if it's a good idea to leave his mother's e-mail in an open forum? a lot of spam companies use software that can scan forums like this and harvest e-mail addresses. Perhaps we could leave comments here and then pass on the url to his family?

i asked Nic´s mother about this and she feels that even though there might be a risk, she prefers keep receiving some very heartfelt e-mails about her son.

QUOTE:

"I saw the message saying was I might be open to spammers - it is really nice

to get private e-mails to home regarding Nic, so I am OK to take the risk.

In any case we use a sort of Mail Washer so we normally filter out the SPAM.

Its nice that someone was looking out for me, tho'

Regards

Graeme"

END QUOTE

QUOTE:

"Thanks so much - I have had a number of e-mails already , little stories

about Nic - they're a great help."

END QUOTE