Controllers?

LOL, never mind, the throttle is the one having the USB :D

OK so that means I'm good to go if I only want the throttle?

Sorry about all the questions, I would just drop into a shop and have a look if I could. Unfortunately I live hundreds of miles from the nearest capital city.

Best HOTAS is moded Cougar :)

Also most expensive ;)

OK so that means I'm good to go if I only want the throttle?

Sorry about all the questions, I would just drop into a shop and have a look if I could. Unfortunately I live hundreds of miles from the nearest capital city.

Yes you are good with only the throttle, though you can not buy the throttle separate from the stick......it goes in one package.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I will get the X-52 then and use the throttle with a view to getting the Logitech FFB unit when it arrives.

If I were you I would spend a few extra bucks and purchase the X52pro and forget about the Logitech FFB unit unless you can locate a MS FFB2. I went through the FFB exercise a little while ago and the Logitech FFB wasnt up to scratch.

Read this before you buy- http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2645535/Searchpage/2/Main/278498/Words/Colonel_Kurtz/Search/true/X52pro_Throttle_plus_Saitek_EV.html#Post2645535

I'm currently using a microsoft FFB2.

The Logitech FFB unit I'm waiting on is the upcoming FFB HOTAS and pedals, due in September.

The reason I need a throttle is that the shkval slew won't map properly to my hat, so basically I need a new hat and the best way I can think of is to use the X-52 in conjunction with the FFB2.

Trying to hold a stable hover while looking for slew keys on the keyboard is not fun. By the time I have slewed the shkval to a target it has moved.

EDIT: The Logitech I want to wait for is the G940. I realise their previous efforts at FFB joysticks have been rubbish. I have some faith in them though as the G25 steering wheel is a peach.

Edited by AussieFX

Just changing the topic.

I thought my hat switch wasn't working properly as it won't go left, either to slew the shkval or for views. I have checked the stick out in game controller properties and it reports the left hat switch as working as do all the 8 switches on the hat.

I have tried coupling the shkval slew right to the left hat switch and it works perfectly but as soon as I return to slew left it fails.

Then I tried the slew left command on the right hat switch and surprise, it didn't work.

I'm thinking this might be a bug in the game and the MS FFB2.

Are there any other FFB2 users out there that can correlate this error with me?

Edited by AussieFX

Here is an interesting CH FighterStick/Pro Throttle and Saitek X52 Review.

Note1: They compare it with the X52, not the X52Pro.

Note2: Click the little arrow down the text to go to the second page.

Hope this helps with your final decision.

First of all, they (as usual) have the price of the x52 all out of whack. You can get it for much less.

Second, and most of all, yet again I am baffled by ANOTHER review that says the Fighterstick is intended for large hands. Hogwash. Poppycock. Balderdash. Bullsh*t. ;) I by no means have large hands and I have no problems, NONE, with the Fighterstick. You'll hear some say that its modeled after the F-16's stick and the F-16's stick sits lower than your average desk top level. BULL...I've used it at desktop level just fine.

My opinion; the reviewers don't fully understand the concept of a HOTAS. You don't fly around with your thumb on the pickle button all the time. Speaking from playing Falcon, the target and display management switches are right where your thumb can easily reach them since you use these constantly. Countermeasures management switch is equally easy to reach. You rarely use trim and you only pickle when in combat.

I'm guessing that if someone made a PC controller of this:

http://hirevsims.com/01prod/fltcontrl/uh6001.jpg

...some hapless reviewer would claim that you need a ginormous hand with 6 thumbs to have any hope of using it. :idiot:

Edited by RedTiger

I'm using MSFFB2, but under XP, so I can get the Sidewinder central software working. If you're doing the same it might be an option to map the keystroke (shkval directions) ; ' . / to your hatswitch directions under software and see if that makes a difference.

Alternatively, there's JoyToKey program:

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

It might be worth checking a few forums to see if it's a replaceable part on the MSFFB2, it's a great piece of hardware for this game.

If you're cashed up, you could go TIR for views (picked up Version 4 for AUD200 recently) and something like the CH throttle, use a ministick on that to slew shvkal.

I finally have this MS FFB2 sussed. What it was that stopped the hat working properly was the default Blackshark setting it has the hat configured to views and then slew shkval with the combination of RAlt. I was trying to slew the shkval with just up/down/left/right but because those commands were already taken I was getting the inconsistencies. Once I deleted the views (I have TIR4) it has worked as it should.

At least my FFB2 is ok. I love this stick.

Why they ever stopped making it is beyond me, it's the only decent thing to have come out of Microsoft. (j/k)

No that feeling is a bit unrealistic although I have never flown a ka-50.

Trimming in a helicopter is basically just recentering the stick, for example when you are cruising instead of holding the stick forward constantly, trim repositions the stick to the neutral position. You then have to retrim (turn trim off) before making any transitions.