Payment?

I've been away from the forums for a while. I see that FC is slated for April 5th. Was it ever determined what payment scheme would be used? Is it paypal only, or credit card, or both?

Cheers,

Mangler

The latest word I've heard on that this is we'll have to wait untill the download is made available.....

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I sincerely hope MC & Visa will be accepted. I'm anti-Paypal, ever since they froze my money in their bank for one month.

They ran scared and demonstrated just how shady they were, when I started legal action against them.

I will never use paypal again, and users should think twice before you do.

I sincerely hope MC & Visa will be accepted. I'm anti-Paypal, ever since they froze my money in their bank for one month.

They ran scared and demonstrated just how shady they were, when I started legal action against them.

I will never use paypal again, and users should think twice before you do.

Semi-OT, but can you tell more details on what happened? There are a lot of unconfirmed rumours about PayPal horrors so getting first-hand details would be of most interest.

Sure condor11, I'll tell you a little more. By the way a lot of people experienced this withholding of funds and paypal recently loss in court and had to pay back a huge sum of money to all the claimants.

I was selling comp. parts on ebay and had a good amount of money in a paypal account, my rating was excellent and this account had been in use for almost 6 months{6 Months}. All of a sudden, they froze my account and my funds. Claiming that they needed more personal information about me. They also, stated that when they receive this information. a determination will be made as to when my money will be released.

I contacted the BBB, the Internet federal crimes unit and hired a lawyer and immediately went after paypal. I told them that they had all the information I was going to provide to them, and if the provided info. was lacking, then it should have been addressed long before a full six months had expired. When they received my lawyer's papers and realized that I was one consumer that wasn't going to put up with that crap. They immediately released my funds. But, a federal investigation continued into the dealings of paypal, and eventually they were ordered to refund and release all the accounts that they had frozen by them.

But, here's the kicker, while all that money was frozen in paypal accounts, they were collecting interest.

So, if paypal is the only way to purchase this release, then I will not be buying it, because paypal and its parent company "SUCKS" for the lack of a more appropiate term.

arraamis I have been using Paypal with Ebay.co.uk and never had any problems. I just hope that your case is unique, as this could be a major problem if they do decide to release with paypal payment. I dont mind how they charge for it but my preference would be paypal.

you dont want to pay for it and have to wait 6 months to finally get the game lol. we have already been waiting long enough lol

Guest ruggbutt

Those of you that used a credit card to secure your Paypal account realize that you've forfeited any protection against fraud that your credit card company provides, don't you? Read the terms of service, you give all that up. You have no recourse should your account have a "problem".

They must have a CC option. Ruggbit - thats terrible if true - will not be using paypal if that is the case as I have had my credit card details stolen and used on the web once (some years back) and its a real pain in the ass

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Those of you that used a credit card to secure your Paypal account realize that you've forfeited any protection against fraud that your credit card company provides, don't you? Read the terms of service, you give all that up. You have no recourse should your account have a "problem".

Sure you have a recourse. Just because you agreed to that fineprint doesn't make it legal. Any judge would dismiss this clause.

But the problem is this: if you do a chargeback on your CC than PayPal is known to send your debdt to collection agency and also screw your credit rating. And it did happen many times.

In the case of Lockon 1.1 the biggest party that takes a risk is ED. They are in Russia so they'll have even less abilities to do anything if PayPal froze their money.

Guest ruggbutt

What I found funny about Paypal is that I give them a bank account number in addition to my credit card number. My credit score exceeds 800, and most of my cards have a $15k limit. Granted, this was several years ago but the red flags popped up when they wanted access to my bank account. I just refused to do business w/a company that operated in that manner. Then I read about the lawsuits, people's accounts being frozen and them losing several thousand dollars before they canceled their credit cards. While some of you here figure that's the cost of business, it isn't. If MBNA Mastercard operated that way you'd see it on the evening news, and there would be class action lawsuits that would have devastated the credit industry.

If it's Paypal only I have an option, as a buddy of mine sells calendars (of wimmens) and he has a Paypal account. I can flip him the cash to order my copy. I figure if he's already taking the risk it's all good. But I won't risk my bank accounts or credit rating w/a company that behaves in this manner.

As a comparison I've ordered a CH Fighterstick and Throttle Quadrant, MX510 mouse, TrackIR, several games, MP3 player and pr0n over the net w/my credit card. Not once have I had an unauthorized charge, and If I had been one toll free call would have fixed the problem. I've had more problems w/improper card charges when eating out at restaurants.

The reason they want your bank account is because it is a lot harder (read impossible for an average Joe) to dispute those charges with your bank. Just like if you loose your debit card and someone has your PIN, good luck getting your money back.

PayPal is getting away with this for one simple reason - they are not recognized as a financial institution. Banks, credit card companies are. As such they are heavily regulated by governments, but PayPal isn't. Sooner or later this will change, but for now people will continue to be screwed. There is a very interesting site that lists all the facts. http://www.nopaypal.com Check it out.

Last, but not least, when reading those "I love PayPal, they are great" messages.

I once worked at the company's IT department (no, I can't tell what the company is) and I knew first-hand that the company had an anynymizing system thet allowed people from PR/marketing to post on public messageboards favorable comments without the ability to be traced to where they posted from (their work computer).

I am not saying anyone here is from PayPal but I bet you anything PayPal does use this tactics as they have hundreds of times more reason to spread false PR than the company I worked at.

PayPal is getting away with this for one simple reason - they are not recognized as a financial institution. Banks, credit card companies are. As such they are heavily regulated by governments, but PayPal isn't. Sooner or later this will change, but for now people will continue to be screwed.

When they introduced Paypal Europe i received several emails concerning the new regulations etc.

AFAIK they are regulated by the government. It´s based on UK laws :

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/mentions_eu-outside

PayPal (Europe) Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution

I don´t do business with PayPal and had no negative experiences so far but still visited http://www.nopaypal.com/

It doesn´t look very "clean" to me.

Better get reading. Better yet, get your attorney to read it. One important note: First time PayPal openly tells you they will debit your bank accounts for amounts owed. They've stated this in previous ToS, but always hidden behind the wording. First time they admit it in plain language. (Or so I'm told, I've not found it yet!)

Yeah, right. Or so I´m told, I´ve not found it yet ! lol

What kind of joke is that ?

Only thing i heard was that PayPal really doesn´t like pr0n, so stay away from that. That was in the (internet) news.

I use PayPal for online shopping since i have no credit card.

When they introduced Paypal Europe i received several emails concerning the new regulations etc.

AFAIK they are regulated by the government. It´s based on UK laws :

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/mentions_eu-outside

[/url]

Well, than that is good for UK then! No regulations in US or Canada so far.

As for that site and problems and risks, check out their forums.

Just one of them - PayPal landmines

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showforum.php?fid=13

Doesn't look like all those posts from people in trouble are baseless or fake.

Speaking of PayPal UK, here is the forum dedicated to it:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showforum.php?fid=17

Still problems there too apperently.

Yeah, that's really sad that this so-called company gets away with this type of behavior\crap.

And, even more sad that people who use it don't and won't wake up and realize that they are constantly being ripped off.

And even worst, all that personal data that is submitted to paypal is suspect to be compromised by even the most newbie hacker. They don't even have to tell you that their database has been hacked, according to the laws of the land.

Is it really getting this easy to rip people off nowadays ??????