corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

ONE NOTICE AHEAD

Before you go through following steps to isolate a controller issue - You sure want to have a look in this attached PDF:

Controller Setting info from GUI manual and make sure that you don't have a double assignment of one axis/button that is causing your problem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=88312&stc=1&d=1379840305

and another note :

Microsoft SideWinder FFB 2 adjustment :

Options -> Misc. tab ->

Check 'Force Feedback Enabled'

Options -> Special tab -> UH-1H ->

Un-check 'Central Position Trimmer Mode'

Options -> Controls tab ->

1. Highlight the SideWinder row

2. Click FF Tune

3. Check Swap Axis for X and Y

DCS-World 1.2.4 has the option to swap each axis individually -the screen shot is taken pre 1.2.3- you want to swap both for the MSSFFB2. attachment.php?attachmentid=48260&stc=1&d=1298914668

Curves and dead-zones:

Never use curves and dead-zones on the FFB axis - leave it linear.

(at least in a Force-trim Helicopter)

Using a curve will mess up the proper behaviour of your stick, as the FFB is calibrated to the full range of the axis movement and smaller or shifting the axis read out will bring in a asynchrony in the stick movment to the reported position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have missing/messed up your default key/button bindings inside DCS?!

Read/follow this :

First some Fundamentals:

You individual controller profiles that are currently in use are stored in this path:

C:Users>YOUR USERNAME<Saved GamesDCSConfigInput..

It is advisable to make a backup of this folder before you 'fiddle' around with them.

!!! Using profiles from others without knowing in which exact DCS version they are created should be done only with high caution and make a backup beforehand !!!

How to reset a 'messed up' keyboard profile to default:

Delete/move this both files :

1. ..DCS WorldConfigInputAircraftsbase_keyboard_binding.lua

2. ..DCS WorldModsaircraft'sFlaming CliffsInput>your plane/module and mode<keyboarddefault.lua.

Than run a DCS-Repair, so you are 100% sure to use the latest default files.

Than Follow the youtube instruction.

Example for the A-10C Sim Keyboard - you may want to do this after a DCS-update, because the default list got some new key commands that where not there before.

Missing/'greyed-out' bindings and how to make them assignable again

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1850626#post1850626

or simply delete the input for a specific module/plane out of your

C:Users<YOUR-LOGIN>Saved GamesDCSConfigInput folder .

It will be restored to default when you restart DCS World.

A summary of the default keyboard bindings in DCS World

>>> DCS World Keyboard Charts

...Still everything 'not right' and not working? --OK, now read on:

I want to introduce you to some tools I'm using since years to maintain my controllers:http://www.wingmanteam.com/

Even if is driven by logitech it is not only for controllers of this brand.

Some game controllers don't allow you to recalibrate them in windows or correspondent in a crazy way and you are not able to localize/fix the problem with the windows on board controller utilities - in most cases you are forced to uninstall them/erase them from the registry.

So I want to put your attention on some tools from the Wingmanteam I'm using successfully since years to localize my problems with a various range of controllers.

This tools should not be missing in a virtual Toolbox of every flight simmer!

#1 DXTweak

throttling.jpg

This tool helps you to analyze your problem and you can monitor the Raw data and and the corresponding movement of your axis. And it also allows you to tweak some settings.

#2 Clear Calibration Utility

This tool clears/erases the stored calibration of a controller out of the registry from windows - so it calibrates again after you used the "one click" tool and reconnected your controller.

This helps especially if you have a "missing range" in your axis or it is not centered properly.

3# JoyIDS Utility

Description:

Users that have multiple gaming devices attached to their computers will ultimately face the problem of having to deal with "joystick IDs". A number of games are written in a way that they will only read input from a joystick with a certain ID. The control panel (as well as Profiler) provides a way of switching IDs, but the control panel's way is cumbersome, and using Profiler to switch IDs may be somewhat annoying as well. Both methods have the shortcoming of only being able to move a controller to ID1, without managing other IDs.

4# Poswdm Utility

Description:

Poswdm is a utility from Microsoft® that allows you to see axes and button data reported by a game controller. This is a useful tool to confirm that all the axes and buttons are working on your device.

You will find these tools all on http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

I seen here on the forums many people like having problems with not centered controls or they work not in the full axis range as they should.

I hope this tools help you as they help me. They saved me a lot of time in finding out the what caused a controller problem an giving me back again the trust in my flying skills.:)

5# TM-Warthog Calibration:

paperclip.gif >>> Can You Calibrate Warthog?

6# G940 Force-Trim 'fix'

>>> G940 Trim Workaround

The tools above should you enable to analyse/fix all common problems.

Whatever - sometimes a Controller isn't recognized any more properly - so please use the tool that follows as a least resort:

I have used all of those too Peter. It's a good idea to have posted it here. thumbup.gif

I just used JoyID's along with AutoHotKey to bind my Warthog pinky lever to control TrackIR, short press is CENTER, long press is PAUSE TrackIR.

Here's another one. I found this on some forum in which the problem was a Cougar that would not work on a USB port (or more than one USB port). After using this program to delete all instances referring to "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar", the Cougar could connect thru USB again!

USBDeview: (<<< !!! don't let you fool you of the "download" advert at the top - scroll the whole page down to download it.

- pete)

USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.

For each USB device, extended information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more...

USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.

You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.

pilotfly.gif

Still incomplete and something I forgot to cover ?

Please tell me!

If you found this useful you may want to check also this:

Zoom-In/Zomm-Out on PAC1 to make your life easier !

How to unchain the rudder from trim in DCS-BlackShark

How To: Remove centre detend from Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Paddles

780904763_axistunepanel.thumb.jpg.19564c9d50c1548d326b6aa5c553d81f.jpg

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I dunno 'bout vista but ive been using it in win 7 x64 and it works fine.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is exactly what I need to try. I recently fried my Saitek Rudder pedals and to fix them I wired the pot to my old Logitech Wingman Digital pot wires. I had converted this joystick to a switch box sometime ago but never used the axis'. The rudder fix worked but I think I'm missing the full left/right outer movement (probably about 20-40%). I think this might be the tool I need to fix that range issue. Thanks a ton for the info and links! I should check if I can adjust this in game first though.......

• 1 year later...

I have used all of those too Peter. It's a good idea to have posted it here. :thumbup:

I just used JoyID's along with AutoHotKey to bind my Warthog pinky lever to control TrackIR, short press is CENTER, long press is PAUSE TrackIR.

Here's another one. I found this on some forum in which the problem was a Cougar that would not work on a USB port (or more than one USB port). After using this program to delete all instances referring to "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar", the Cougar could connect thru USB again!

USBDeview:

USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.

For each USB device, extended information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more...

USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.

You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Thanks for posting this!

I used USBDeview: too to get my Cougar to work again!:)

I also used it to clean up all the thinks I have once connected and to solve a issue with Devices that are named the same - so I was able to solve problems without to search manually in the registry for them.

I will add your post to the first posting.

• 1 month later...

Just read this looks interesting but all your screens look like their in WinXP

Question 1: What are the system requirements of these utilities?

Question 2: Are they usefull with Win7 64bit as well? Do they work on Win7 64bit Pro?

Question 3: Can you update the first post to reflect system requirement info & Which version of Black shark or DCS they work in or Don't work in?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

1.Best thing is to follow the links and look it up yourself.

2.Yes

3.In Short: They work without DCS installed. So no need to write up a compability list .

These tools are to examine/change controller settings. They are not meant to run together with DCS.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Looks like I can't assign any different keys or stick button to Raise or Lower ASP-17 Glass (for the Su-25). Other than keyboard command cell, other cells aren't selectable and if I clear the default assignment I can't replace it with anything.

attachment.php?attachmentid=86682&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1377669703

This happens every time when a new command was introduced by the developer while you are using a controller profile that was created before the developer added these new commands.

The fix is very simple, but has a drastic consequence:

You have to Delete the current used profile and rebuild it from the new default joystick file.

This will sadly also force you to re-assign your profile from scratch.

First create a HTML -> [MAKE HTML] - so you have it easier to reassign it again by looking up how your old profile was set-up.

Highlight the controller with the missing commands and click -> [LOAD PROFILE].

and navigate to the input folder of the module/plane you want to update and chose the default.lua in the joystick folder.

Example path for the FC3-Su25:

..Eagle DynamicsDCS WorldModsaircraftsFlaming CliffsInputsu-25joystickdefault.lua

It's basically the same procedure like shown in this vid:

Now you should be able to assign every command with the chosen controller. - open the related HTML you created before the 'reset' , to see how it was set-up and re-assign it again.

You will have to redo it for every controller that has this missing 'Greyed-out' bindings to make them assignable (...as long the developer allowed it).

There is also a method to do it by coping the missing new lines/instructions into your old profile with a file-editor.

This will keep your old bindings intact - but this is only advisable if you are able to read the Lua code and you are really sure what you are doing. - Beware: the slightest typo in the syntax can brake your profile - so I wont describe this procedure here, because 'fixing' a old profile can take longer and is more complicated as doing it via the in-game GUI.

If you want to learn more about it :

Head over here for a example how to 'teach' a outdated profile the commands for the Kneeboard >>> kneeboard not mappable to my joystick

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...

Fix for lag in the FFB-Stick input after hitting the trim button in the UH-1H after patch 1.2.6 :

Open ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM\FMOptions.lua

and edit line #51 and set the sticktimelag value from 0.5 to 0.

sticktimelag=0;

..or simply copy attached file into the ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM folder and allow to overwrite.

FMOptions.lua

Edited by PeterP

Hi

I've got a Sidewinder FFB2, but I don't have any modules installed in DCS.

When the FFB is enabled in settings I have a button delay from 1 to 5 seconds with all inputs (Mouse, keyboard and joy). I didn't had this issue with 2.2.5.

What you said above did not help me.

You have an idea what to do?

Thanks

My thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113470

Hi

I've got a Sidewinder FFB2, but I don't have any modules installed in DCS.

When the FFB is enabled in settings I have a button delay from 1 to 5 seconds with all inputs (Mouse, keyboard and joy). I didn't had this issue with 2.2.5.

What you said above did not help me.

You have an idea what to do?

Thanks

My thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113470

Maxander,

I got rid of the input delay by removing the lua files from user\saved games\dcs\config\input

I removed both the keyboard and joystick lua files.

Then I opened the launcher, and loaded the default joystick lua from c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\mods\aircrafts\p-51d\input\p-51d

Voila, no more input delay. Still no stick shake, but you should try again. I really hope you are able to fix it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Fix for lag in the FFB-Stick input after hitting the trim button in the UH-1H after patch 1.2.6 :

Open ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM\FMOptions.lua

and edit line #51 and set the sticktimelag value from 0.5 to 0.

sticktimelag=0;

..or simply copy attached file into the ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM folder and allow to overwrite.

I'm having the exact same problem in the Blackshark -- wonder if that file exists in the Ka-50 folder. Will check when I get home.

Got home -- unfortunately there is no such option (sticktimelag) in the corresponding Ka-50 file :(

Edited by BBQ

• 1 month later...

Hi.. Will this fix a problem I am having? I already put away my joystick for the night because I'm frustrated but I want to see if anyone else has had similar problems before I start tweaking a bunch of things.

My problem happens on 2 different saitek joysticks on any aircraft in DCS world. I can only pull back (Y axis, nose up) about a centimeter before whatever aircraft I'm flying goes absolutely nuts and over Gs. Back when I played on my old computer with one of the joysticks, I did not have this issue. The issue appeared when I built my new computer and installed DCS world. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, the game, messing with the axis and deadzones, etc. Everything works great on both joysticks except for when I pull back a LITTLE bit.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have been at this for a while and haven't found anyone else with similar problems.

Sounds like a double assignment of an axis that gets activated as soon you move the controller and overwrites the wanted input.

Sorry, but there is no way that someone takes away the workload from.

You will have to go through the advises of post #1 yourself.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone put the DXTweak on a Win7 64 system. I just tried it and can't get it to run.

Menessis

DXTweak2 v5.02.114 is running fine on Win7-64 here.

DXTweak2.JPG.c14e86b870d93ddee379c68a2f11ba1d.JPG

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: