Top Posters In This Topic

mig-21 rear gear animation

Gear animation?

Try to mimic this

capture1

http://www.dreadwolf.republika.pl/mig21um_gearup.divx

capture2

http://www.dreadwolf.republika.pl/mig21um_geardown_and_up.divx

I've captured it with FRAPS from FS2004 with CaptainSim MiG-21 addon.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

AG radar except dumb bomb dropping is a problem. So what version should i go for then?

Why is A/G radar a problem? It will be an AI plane, right? AIs have no A/G radar modelled, just basic scripts that control their A/G bahaviour :)

tail# 44 or 444

Why is A/G radar a problem? It will be an AI plane, right? AIs have no A/G radar modelled, just basic scripts that control their A/G bahaviour :)

Why make it an AI model? When you will have allot off information...and when the flightmodel can be found on the internet.....the avionics are almost the same as the Mig 29 (when you would use the 93...) for the Lancer a....it is a bit different

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Why make it an AI model?

Because AI model is the only reasonable thing to ask for and required 3D model/texture should be completed and sent to ED before 1.2 release, otherwise you won't see MiG-21 at all. And you will surely not see MiG-21 flyable in LockOn, forget about it.

1.2 is the last addon (last flyable) for LockOn title. Then it's over. It has been said like thousands of times. Deal with it.

tail# 44 or 444

shamandgg you are saying this like the next project for ED is a X-wing simulator :). I wouldn't think about an Mig-21 flyable in 1.2 unless is already done and is kept secret :P but, I would think for the future sim it would be a good adition.

An AI wouldnt be enough IMHO...

Will see anyway. A comment from ED would be nice though... something like... "guys, for now we have the head full but, who knows" :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

shamandgg you are saying this like the next project for ED is a X-wing simulator

You never know, man. Ka-50 annoucement was big surprise for everyone.

An AI wouldnt be enough IMHO...

Damn, man. Let's first make ED do the AI one then we'll molest ED for more :lol: I'd love to have highly detailed (as 25T f.e.) flyable Lancer (Lancer fanboiii here!). However just adding Su-25T alone took like a year of developing and testing - so I don't have any hopes for flyable MiG-21..

At least I'd like to play with AIs.. I'd really like to see these "pencils" flying!

Salut!

tail# 44 or 444

Hi guys,

flight model of MiG-21 should not be modelled with any similarity to MiG-29. We're talking about very, very different aircraft... Remember the max thrust of MiG-21s engines (69.65 kN with reheat) compared to MiG-29. MiG-29 is the energy fighter, MiG-21 is not...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the HUD is identical to that of the mig 29...not the flight model.....so the weapons systems!!!! will be partitialy comparable to that of the 29...not the flight model

at least...that is what i was thinking (talking about the Mig-21-93 Bison!! not the BIS)

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Gear animation?

Try to mimic this

capture1

http://www.dreadwolf.republika.pl/mig21um_gearup.divx

capture2

http://www.dreadwolf.republika.pl/mig21um_geardown_and_up.divx

I've captured it with FRAPS from FS2004 with CaptainSim MiG-21 addon.

Okey! This time I have real footage for you now, Allochtoon (filmed by another MiG in formation). This is good addition to the movies above.

Get it from here: http://www.dreadwolf.republika.pl/Mig-21.mpg

tail# 44 or 444

Hey Allochtoon,

I am happy that you are finally back and are looking forward to finish this project. I personally prefer the fishbed myself. A great aircraft. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Fantastic work Allochtoon!

Pardon my insistence, but once again I want to tell you that, IMHO, the model of the canopy need some little improvement. If you want I can send you a picture to illustrate what I mean.

Thank you for your beautiful model and keep up the good work!

Fantastic work Allochtoon!

Pardon my insistence, but once again I want to tell you that, IMHO, the model of the canopy need some little improvement. If you want I can send you a picture to illustrate what I mean.

Thank you for your beautiful model and keep up the good work!

Thankyou.

O yeah the canopy needs a whole redo, imho it sucks the way it is now. Please send the picture.

migtoon0xo.gif

There will be no MiG-21 in BS :cry: :cry: :cry: that is for sure... ED team statement.

Well my babel fish translated that if they recieve a very good model... then they can talk about it. :)

Yes it is sad that ED don't take seriously the inclussion of MIG-21 in Lock On although is a such a well known and much used aircraft. I personaly am not a big fan of it... actualy I'm not a big fan of the era from wich it comes but, I can see that that plane have a better potential for comunity growing than 25T had. Or maybe it's my glasses :D .

Well we will see. A Mig 21 romanian pilot said that in a life of flying he learned that it is always sun beyond the clouds...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can understand their position. There still are a lot of problems with the model itself. If someone wants to take a look at the .max file to spot problems i can upload it. Coming next two weeks i have to focus on my exams :( .

Hello. That was me, who started a discussion around your MiG-21 at the Russian Forum. I was told that if your model suited ED requirements, which are quite high, they'd include it into the game. From Russian forum I know pretty good, that MiG-21 will be very much (!!!!) appreaciated by the community.:thumbup: There are really a lot of people, waiting for your masterpiece.

In this connection I'd like to ask you, whether you have a wish to continue your work with the model?

If yes, first, IMHO, you should get the approval from ED, that MiG-21 will be included, if the model is OK. Then, what modification you should model? After this I will try to help you with advice concerning your modelling process.

Hope for the reaction from you and for your MiG:smilewink: :smilewink: :smilewink: .

С уважением,

Olek. :smartass:

- Любите ли вы небо? - Нет, я не люблю небо. Любить надо женщин, а небом надо жить.

Hello. That was me, who started a discussion around your MiG-21 at the Russian Forum. I was told that if your model suited ED requirements, which are quite high, they'd include it into the game. From Russian forum I know pretty good, that MiG-21 will be very much (!!!!) appreaciated by the community.:thumbup: There are really a lot of people, waiting for your masterpiece.

In this connection I'd like to ask you, whether you have a wish to continue your work with the model?

If yes, first, IMHO, you should get the approval from ED, that MiG-21 will be included, if the model is OK. Then, what modification you should model? After this I will try to help you with advice concerning your modelling process.

Hope for the reaction from you and for your MiG:smilewink: :smilewink: :smilewink: .

Hi :) . I can see why they want to maintain high standards for all new models. It is nice to hear that the mig21 will be much appreciated. I definately have a wish to continue this model but the coming 2 weeks i have to focus on my exams. I offered to upload the latest version so people can have a better look at the model and possibly (if they wish) work on parts that can be 'put in' easily.

I lack the deeper understanding of all the different versions of the MiG and choosing a definite version will help in the process.

Lastly i would like to stress that i received this great model from a fellow dutchman, i forgot his name but that can be found in the first post. I'm just modifying it so it fits into LO.

migtoon0xo.gif