MiG-21bis Project

Thanks :) , im having a hard time animating the rear wheels properly :(

migwire1bn.png

50.800 polys, but i can cut alot away still, but i have to add a new pilot object, and i can move the detail level a bit at some places.

I mostly use cilinders, cones, and an occasional box.

Good luck with modeling!

mig212hp.png

mig223sv.png

Everything is animated properly, except the rear wheels. I only hope someone can show me how the rear wheels retract. I want to do it realistically.

Ohhh boy! This is extremely good!! I hope we will get MiG-21 flyable in some future Lock On versions!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy cow......wow....ED please implement this. Allochtoon please send this to ED. I love the mig 21. Its a good old fighter that has proved itself in war. Man....a flyable Mig 21 would be amazing...but atleast a AI one is good for making mission scenarios.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

NOOOOO, we want mig 21!!!

Maby, try to make a mig-21-93! with a clear windshield and enlarged wingspines and what can carry the R-77 and the R-73!

And then they can add India to LOMAC:smilewink:

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

NOOOOO, we want mig 21!!!

Maby, try to make a mig-21-93! with a clear windshield and enlarged wingspines and what can carry the R-77 and the R-73!

And then they can add India to LOMAC:smilewink:

I want to build a model that has the biggest chance of being implemented into lomac. In the process i chose the MiG-21bis Fishbed-L. In what way is the 93 version different? Tell me all the details.

migtoon0xo.gif

The model, it has another wind shield, new cockpit,enlarged wing-root, more advanced avionics, advanced weapons

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Current/MiG-21d.html

chn_bug1.jpg

Allochtoon, you are dutch?

Yes i'm dutch. Are there any plans on the web, and is this version also better placed in the era of lomac?

Ill start collecting images of it myself too.

migtoon0xo.gif

Doesn't a Lancer have better chance?

I understand that the problem could be the air to ground radar :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There are 2 lancers, the A en the C

The C is pure A 2 A and the A is A 2 G;)

Put i thought that the C also could do A 2 G because there is a possibility to fit the LANTIRN pod underneath it's belly

But, the Bison can carry A 2 G weapons though...also TV guided...

I don't know if it has an A 2 G radar but i sure can carry the weapons, the same as the Su 25T....with tv screen but then in the MFD!

Same as the Lancer.....But the problem with the lancer is, no country except Romania uses it, so ED will need to put Romania in the game and then it just has one plane and nothing more, but if they would put the bison in it, India has the mig 29, mig 27, su 30 and also the Bison...

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Part of Romania is already on the map so is not as far as India. Romania is now part of NATO so in a fictive scenario it will be posible to have bases with NATO aircrafts doing missions in Black Sea.

Also Romania have big chances to buy in the future some second Hand F-16s :) so when Tank killers will be out...

30.jpg

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/601-700/walk650_Mig-21_Colin/walk650.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think you should try to contact ED. Maybe they would accept doing the work to insert Mig-21 in Lomac if a good model/documentation is provided and the MIG-21 fits into their scenario.

If they say... "we would" then you should come to an acord with them on what version.

Personaly I think an insertion of Mig-21 is not posible in near future but with the future projects like "Tank Killers" we don't know :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the chances of it becoming a fly-able are slim at best, so do whatever version you fancy. As long as it's an AI aircraft noone is going to care about A/G-radar etc. (didn't the Lancer-C get axed anyway?).