SAITEK X65F NEW CONTROLSYSTEM

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot read Chinese, or find pics. Could you post pics and maybe translate a little?

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

It will be a tough decision between this one and the Logitech G940. Man, all of the sudden controllers kick in high gear as SIM projects start to amass too. MS SIm developers going for military side of MS SIm's at the same time we see these controllers suddenly pop up on the net.

Too bad we have to wait months and years for all of this.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's good to see some live is coming back to the simulation-market!

Looks very promising. Will be a tough race between Saitek and Logitech.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Just put the text through Babelfish:

The pure metal strength back coupling X65F rocking bar estimated that in December goes on the marketface1.gif Post the By:2009-6-29 17:49: 03

It is estimated that in December issues the pure metal strength back coupling X65F flight controller.

The X65F flight controller has used the entire Hall's magnetic induction potentiometer, is in the flight rocking bar top product, the rocking bar and the throttle valve simultaneously has the unique strength induction to install the system as well as the double throttle valve control, may edit 608 pressed keys, is throughout history the function most PC flight rocking bar. All metallic construction is the authenticity and durable ultimate realizes the way. The unique strength induction rocking bar, all input signal is decided completely by you the strength which exerts to the rocking bar, or the F - 22 fighter aircrafts is the same on likelihood F - 16. The rocking bar has the strength induction characteristic lies in: He will adjust and demonstrates each direction separately through the rocking bar induction installment the displacement. May also aim at the XY axis different direction the different dynamics careful adjustment. Simultaneously increased the extension expansion design, for instance may join the match titanium guest's aircraft instrument.

This model of product estimate selling price about 5000 Yuan.

Explains the inside several special places:

1st, first this time strength back coupling is induces the mechanism, is higher than the former strength back coupling far. For instance accelerator, if you used the mouse to move in game's accelerator, then on your X65F accelerator along with will also move, he was the interaction. Is also the so-called linkage. This is in the present flight controller's origination.

2nd, some people ask my this dynamics to be able not to adapt very greatly. I said like this to you that he is the strength back coupling, therefore dynamics is completely defines. You may let his spot not have dynamics, may also let he very great dynamics. Moreover he also changed the former strength back coupling size adjustment is the adjustment unified size. But this time is you may aim at all around four direction establishment different dynamics, before for instance the establishment, pushes 10 dynamics, latter pulls 15 dynamics, left pressure 8 dynamics, right pressure 10 dynamics. Moreover you may also establish three sets of such dynamics to save in advance, when momentarily you replace the airplane, you thought when needs to trade one kind of other dynamics, so long as moves the knob switch then.

3rd, this funds' product has provided rich external connection matching, may product mixes and so on aircraft instrument which goes on the market with the present match titanium guest, and provided has matched the support related.

Why actually does the match titanium guest leave the metal the product, actually the match titanium guest had already replaced the product mentality, is similar to the commercial aviation pole is the same, match titanium guest this model of product for the ultimate product, the match titanium guest hoped that the user can unfailing use it, is not uses several years to trade other equipment, but is hopes you through the unceasing promotion perfect equipment. That is the match titanium guest in its peripheral many equipment, will be similar to the commercial aviation equipment is the same, measuring appliance, flight kneading board and so on, will realize a hypothesized cabin's environment finally. About face buys a new equipment, old equipment on useless aspect.

Sounds nice, though 500 Euros (=5000 Yuan) is a lot of money...

From the looks of it, I guess the Saitek Displays can be mounted on the array in front of the throttle:

saitek-lcds.jpg

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

This looks awesome. I was planning getting a hotas but after this and logitech I think I have to wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Hmm...

1. Good to see them moving further away their Buck Rogers x52 and more towards something realistic looking. I never understood why they did that. Their previous HOTAS systems weren't that way.

2. Also good to see them ditching the Lawn Dart HOTAS copy. :music_whistling: Seriously, its been done to death. We have enough F-16 sticks and could seriously make used of something with a dual throttle.

3. If the description is accurate, I'm glad Saitek is continuing to move away from making cheap plastic toys and more towards something that will last. Plastic is fine as long as it is very high grade (see CH products), and if it really is metal, all the better.

4. The price is pretty high. You might be able to justify this because of that extra panel in front of the throttle and if it is really made of metal. They're smart though. I think Logitech and Saitek realize that the HOTAS market is a niche, but a niche that has the cash to burn on these things.

After reading it again and trying to make sense of it:

I guess "strength back coupling" is babelfish' for "ForceFeedback". :joystick:

Mmm, I think Huteng start a "Hype". ;)

http://bbs.dof.cn/lofiversion/index.php?t90686

Quote (huteng @ 30-Jun-2009. Tuesday. 21:22) post_snapback.gif

X65好的话卖5000自然有人买单,我可能就是其中之一,但从以往SAITEK高端产品的表现很难让我再对它抱希望。

俺在国外硬件论坛中发了X65的帖子,好像外面还没有X65的消息,X65首先是在中国出现的,老外反应很大,均看好罗技与SAITEK的狗斗,认为能给模拟飞行注入新鲜血液

Google Translator:

X65 good nature was to sell 5,000 to pay, I may be one of them, but the past performance of high-end products SAITEK difficult for me to hope it.

Abroad, I made a hardware forum posts X65, X65 does not seem to outside news, X65 is the first in China, the foreigner great response, and are optimistic about the Logitech SAITEK dog fighting, that Flight Simulator can inject fresh blood.

Quote (xxxx @ 30-Jun-2009. Tuesday. 23:18) post_snapback.gif

哥们,给个链接吧,偶们也去瞅瞅,另外,就你之前关注到的,国外硬件论坛有爆料出来说G940是STK某设计师带过去的设计这一说么?

Buddy, a link to it, to偶们also瞅瞅In addition, prior to the issue which you are concerned that the foreign hardware forums have claimed that the G940 is out of STK in a design architect with the past that it?

http://www.escuadron69.net/v20/index.php?o...3&Itemid=55

Huteng,

Show us more (real) pics - that appeared shortly in one Chinese page - and full description of the X65F characteristics

-All metal

-All HALL sensor (any axis???)

-Force Feedback???

-Rocker (aka X-45) in throttle???

:thumbup:

Sokol1_Br

Anyone knows if this new Saitek will have Force Feedback? Mayby "F" letters in X65F name goes for FF...?

Nothing more solid than you can already read:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=711173&postcount=12

But on SimHQ people interpreted this the same way and it makes sense with the statement for digital adjustable resistance. :smilewink:

• Like 1

wow :P iam makeing room for that little gem, thats a nice looking bit of kit...

only thing is will it perform as good as the look, i was little disappointed when i bought my 52x, didnt quite feel right not stiff enough and didnt seem to respond to my inputs in time kind off "saggy" feel to it no pun intended :D

Now things are getting very interesting.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

wow :P iam makeing room for that little gem, thats a nice looking bit of kit...

only thing is will it perform as good as the look, i was little disappointed when i bought my 52x, didnt quite feel right not stiff enough and didnt seem to respond to my inputs in time kind off "saggy" feel to it no pun intended :D

The funny thing is, the soft feeling is exactly what I like on the X52. Together with the precision-modification this improved my handling of planes especially in IL2 a lot.

Considering the interest raised by this little article and the latest press-releases about Logitechs new HOTAS, I'm pretty confident we'll see some solid info on the X65F soon.

• 2 months later...

I posted this after i found this thread, please take a look at it seems like its going to be a good Christmas.:thumbup:>>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44857

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Well then, folks. Which one would you buy?

Let the price not be a factor in this case.

I have ordered my G940 already, but I want something thats very accurate, durable (like MSFFB2) and a good force-feedback implementation. If necessary I will cancel my G940 order to wait for the X65F.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Well then, folks. Which one would you buy?

Let the price not be a factor in this case.

I have ordered my G940 already, but I want something thats very accurate, durable (like MSFFB2) and a good force-feedback implementation. If necessary I will cancel my G940 order to wait for the X65F.

I'd go for the G940 with the x65 throttle :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

X65, no question. The G940 just doesn't have enough buttons and hats for a realistic HOTAS setup. And for me the Logitech is just too cheap, they can't be selling a HOTAS and pedals for that price without doing something on the cheap imho.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

At this point in time, we have a limited amount of user impressions on the Logitech G940, and even less to go for the Saitek X65. That being said, let the conjecture begin! ;)

The G940 got nice reviews on the pre-release articles. We've seen a user in these forums ding it pretty hard on the center 'slop' and the rudder pedals. He did mention that the FFB is very strong though, which has been an aspect on most of the previously existing FFB sticks (the MSFFB2 a notable exception for many folks) that has been short of desired performance.

I know a lot of folks are stoked about having rudder pedals included in the G940 package. Since they aren't FFB, I don't see much reason to get excited about them for DCS:BS (or DCS:* for that matter). Don't get me wrong, having pedals of some sort is better than not having any pedals... but having non-FFB rudder pedals significantly reduces the advantage of having an FFB stick in DCS:BS, IMHO.

The Saitek X65 looks interesting in the pic(s). The stick switches look like a good layout, and plenty of functional capability. The base size of the stick leaves me wondering how strong the FFB will / can be. Saitek's Evo FFB stick isn't all that large though, and it is capable of strong force. Unfortunately, you wouldn't necessarily know it by how the Evo FFB works in DCS:BS... :( So, that leaves a bit of concern about how well the X65's FFB will function in DCS:*. I like the looks of the split throttle. Time will tell how well the switch layout works.

Logitech reportedly came up with decent profiling software, though not quite on the level of what CH and Thrustmaster have for advanced programming. Saitek's SST profiling software, to date, does not give the advanced capabilities either. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they crank the software up to being on a par with CH and Thrustmaster's.

I don't currently see myself pulling the trigger on buying a G940 until after the X65 has been out and we see enough feedback from end users to really compare them. I currently use other Saitek controllers, which makes me inclined to lean toward them for keeping things simpler... but it isn't a particularly hard lean. If the X65 is crud, or prohibitively expensive, I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon.

Since I have a Suncom SFS (analog game port HOTAS) sitting around doing nothing, I'm seriously tempted to get a card from Leo Bodnar and convert at least the throttle over to USB. The throttle should be ideal for DCS:A10C, and matching up the right stick handle with it could be great. I'm even tempted to shop around for an MS SW FFB2, and do some handle surgery (basically like what Urze did). In this case, let the MS SW FFB2 do the stick axis with FFB, and let the Bodnar card do the Throttle, and the stick switches too.

I'd really like to see the Saitek X65 be a winner though. If the grip's shaft could be feasibly extended, that would be a big plus.

Note to any controller manufacturers who happen to be reading this:

We *need* a good FFB rudder pedal set. USB, with proper spacing and toe brakes. I think we could live with the parallelogram bar design of the pedals getting a bit closer together at full deflection, if the other stuff is done well. Rotating like the partial arc of a bicycle pedal (see TriggerHappy's homebuilt design) would be even better.

[Edit: Actually, the partial arc rotation described immediately above might not accomodate toe brakes very well. If so, then a straight back and forth slider (I think the CH pedals do that) could be good, but they need to be wide enough apart. ]

Edited by CyBerkut
Rethinking the rudder pedals a bit...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1