EA6B Prowler

bug2

Nice work Bug2. As I'm sure you're aware, the model and texture are just one part of what Eagle would need to use the object. Are you planning on doing the associatged LODs and damage models as well?

-Matt

Hi Wags,

Yes I know that!!!!

LOD and damage models are planned, but I prefer to wait for ED comments about the main model before doing them.....

It's easy to understand why.....;)

CU

Bug2

hum? :confused:

wow...magneto is a friend of mine. A good ol' buddy from texas. He used to make nice updates to flanker 2.5. hey! Infact that was my first project...a webpage for him.

I think this was it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/unoffflank

I still visit once in a while. The number represents the number of page views. and amazingly ppl still visit it.

I hope to one day put up all those addons on a lomac community site where they have a longer life.

anways I haven't heard from magneto in a while. The last time I heard from him around a year + ago....he had some computer probs and also had some health related issues. Hopefully he is fine and fit somewhere. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team

Good!!!! I am happy to hear that!!!!

Hi Wags,

Yes I know that!!!!

LOD and damage models are planned, but I prefer to wait for ED comments about the main model before doing them.....

It's easy to understand why.....;)

CU

Bug2

Nice work Bug2, very nice work!

By the way, how much time did you need, or do you need to finish a 3D model like that (assuming that you have all material for building one at hand)? Summary, how many hours?

Tnx.

Hi!!!

Long time that I stopped counting the time that I spent on this model.....:rolleyes:

Next time, I'll try to do it....:tongue:

CU

Bug2

wow...magneto is a friend of mine. A good ol' buddy from texas. He used to make nice updates to flanker 2.5. hey! Infact that was my first project...a webpage for him.

I think this was it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/unoffflank

I still visit once in a while. The number represents the number of page views. and amazingly ppl still visit it.

I hope to one day put up all those addons on a lomac community site where they have a longer life.

anways I haven't heard from magneto in a while. The last time I heard from him around a year + ago....he had some computer probs and also had some health related issues. Hopefully he is fine and fit somewhere. :)

Two good skinners with nearly the same name, who would have thought it?

Not me, I know that much - whoops, case of mistaken identity.

Either way, volunteers for skinning are good :D

The question is, are they used nowadays? If not, then they don't belong in the game.

Well Lomac has not a precise timeframe... Ka-50 and Su-25t are modern aircraft, but there are also older aircraft (like F-4 Phantoms, Mig-23...)

The Standard ARM (STARM) was in use until late eighties, maybe as "backup" weapons. In case of large scale conflicts, stockpiles of modern weapons deplete quickly, and sometimes older weapons are used.

In Lomac the STARM 3D model is already present (as ship-based SAM) so it would "just" need to be software-tuned ;)

Anyway if you're referring to the Prowler, EA-6Bs (ICAP/ADVCAP) usually carry AGM-88, not STARMs.

Well Lomac has not a precise timeframe... Ka-50 and Su-25t are modern aircraft, but there are also older aircraft (like F-4 Phantoms, Mig-23...)

The Standard ARM (STARM) was in use until late eighties, maybe as "backup" weapons. In case of large scale conflicts, stockpiles of modern weapons deplete quickly, and sometimes older weapons are used.

In Lomac the STARM 3D model is already present (as ship-based SAM) so it would "just" need to be software-tuned ;)

Anyway if you're referring to the Prowler, EA-6Bs (ICAP/ADVCAP) usually carry AGM-88, not STARMs.

My thought exactly! I just didn't know how to say in english (i'm German)

prowler skin

Hi there,

little update here, bug2 sent me the model and I just started skinnig. It's great fun, cuz it's a great model...would love to post some pics but my server is unfortunately down for the moment (well my webhost gonna be killed ;) ) .

Well, Greetings , Mig-Mag :icon_jook

[EDIT]

need some suggestions...which camo scheme you would like to see first? Post some nice pics here!

greetings!

I thought the EA-6B only had one standard paint scheme?

Anyway, can't wait to see the model :)

I also think so... definitely low-viz USN grey camo, with some weathering AND the golden shining canopy! it's a must have!

As soon as I'll have my scanner up'n'running I'll scan and post a copy of some Prowler tails in service. for the main camo scheme just "google" it...

I also think so... definitely low-viz USN grey camo, with some weathering AND the golden shining canopy! it's a must have!

As soon as I'll have my scanner up'n'running I'll scan and post a copy of some Prowler tails in service. for the main camo scheme just "google" it...

I like how you think :) The gold canopy is a must for me too.

sigzk5.jpg