My series of video tutorials

I liked the emergency landing as well. Very good. Same thinking as me in some situations it seems.

I am pretty sure your button mashing is pointless for the fire extinguisher though. I thought you had to flip a switch to manually use the extinguisher? Or to use the 2nd set or something. I thought there was an automatic fire suppression 1st stage.

pretty sure fire extinguishing needs the following:

cut fuel to engine with lever on left side

mash corrosponding ext button. (assuming the extinguishers are in oper mode - mid panel top right side)

^^ taht always seems to work for moi.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

When you press discharge in manual mode with #1 and #2 bottles charged does it discharge both of them? Does it require 2 presses? Which fires first?

If I remember correctly, with the switch in manual mode, it will fire off bottle #1 with the first press of any discharge button, then fire off the #2 bottle when any discharge button is pressed a second time.

There is an indicator to see which bottles have been emptied next to the fire lights, they are the right-most lights on that row of fire warning lights. One just says "1" and the other just says "2" to indicate that a bottle has been discharged.

• 1 month later...

Waldo - your a star - and like trigger - i now know how to make the flare box thingy work :P

I am one of the more serious bunch - i downloaded and printed And Bound the manual but your tutorials are brilliant. Like you i have sat for hours watching the typical "Here is my version of the startup routine and as you can see its the same except i press the lights button before the tiplights button"

When your startup tutorial started i actually managed to test the anti spill technology of my keyboard - as a large amount of tea was sprayed across my desk.

Well done - hightly entertaining and good fun. cant wait for the Weapons tutorial... rep +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

• 2 months later...

Now I have pain in the stomach because of the emergency landing video!

Great stuff :thumbup:

McDan out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

You know, I love learning all the ins & outs of the game & want to fill my brain-housing group with all the system functions, but even I can crack a smile at the light-hearted approach to these tutorials (or burst out laughing at the last one). Being a novice myself, it's nice to see others cursing at either silly mistakes or unexpected events.

Misery enjoys company & it makes the newbie feel not so alone in their trials.

Waldo, thank you for adding your non-elitist flavor to the pool of video tutorials & look forward to watching more. Please do adjust your sounds though. The comments being washed out by the engine is kind of a bummer.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow...I Loved how in the emergency landing tutorial, your "more Soothing music" turned all ominious right before your about to start!! (@ 2:35)

Man, I think I stopped breathing there for a few seconds I was laughing so hard!! haha!:megalol:

• 2 weeks later...