Vipers HOTAS Cougar Profile / Zoom Problem

Fakum

Is anyone else experiencing problems using the Zoom on the "antenna" knob on the Cougar HOTAS with Vipers Black shark profile and TrackIR 4 Pro? I know its probably not the profile itself, but every time I zoom out or in, even just a little bit and keep it there, the best way I can describe the view is “Jerky”, “rapid in and out head movement” Like the pot itself is spiking? I am however not experiencing this when the antenna pot is centered, and I have done many calibrations. I have had this problem since December, and I have replaced the pot 3 times since. Maybe I’m missing something here that needs adjustment for the slider from within the Black Shark menu? Like maybe adjusting a curve or a dead band or something else I’m not really familiar with? I was going to post this on the Thrustmaster forum, but I figured Id try here 1st since there may be a resolve within the game options itself? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

you are stopping the knob on a keypress point.

I'm sorry, but I have been away from TM programming for awhile, so I can't answer exactly, but I think you need to reduce the number of keypresses the ANT knob uses. If there is a deadband setting for it, that could fix it too. It is all a TM thing, so fix it there.

this post will be moved to the Controllers forum I would think...

In the Foxy program, choose 'TM CCP" to set deadbands for the axis. You can choose the antenna axis under 'Axis Shaping". I don't think the deadband setting will help with your problem unless you are near center when it is causing the stuttering.

If you load the file in the Foxy editor, you can find the ANT line and lower the number of keyhits the knob sends.

Be sure you calibrate the axis and if you are using auto calibration, you HAVE to move each axis to it's limits before you fly, each time you start your computer. be sure to try this first as a fix.

Thanks, I will give that a shot. This thread might get moved? Like I said , i was not sure if it was something resolvable thru the game or isolated to the Cougar? Many thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

“In the Foxy program, choose 'TM CCP" to set deadbands for the axis. You can choose the antenna axis under 'Axis Shaping". I don't think the deadband setting will help with your problem unless you are near center when it is causing the stuttering.”

I am NOT having a problem near Center.

“If you load the file in the Foxy editor, you can find the ANT line and lower the number of keyhits the knob sends.”

I am using Vipers profile, with some personal modifications. There is no line item for the “ANT” so there is nothing available to adjust. I setup the ANT in the BS Options, and it comes up as a slider. So maybe I have to implement some sort of line for the ANT in the profile via Foxy, or are there other options within BS options to remedy this? Im no foxy editing pro, so if there is a line I need to add, I will post what I have, then maybe someone can add it for me? Thanks,