[In Development] Enhanced Encyclopedia

CooperHawkes

Hi.

Mostly for fun and my own entertainment, i edited parts of the encyclopedia, cause i think the formatting of the original isnt as good as it could be and there could be more information about the vehicles.

Heres an example of what i did so far:

vcxj47.png

27zep1e.png

Sorry, its german, heres what facts are in there already:

- Name of the vehicle

- Type

- Country where it was designed

- Developer

- First flight

- comissioning

- number of crew members

- max speed

- rate of climb

- max range

- service ceiling

- g limit

- deadweight

- normal weight

- max weight

- max fuel

- overall length

- vent (?) length

- diameter of main rotor

- diameter of tail rotor

- wingspan

- height

- turbines

- power

- weaponry

- countries that use that vehicle

most of the time i used the numbers ED provided, for the rest i searched the internet (wiki, etc).

I've got some questions now:

- is there a way to use tabstops? or could it be implemented by ED?

- is there enough interest so its worth to remake the whole encyclopedia and release it as a mod?

- if there is enough interest, does anyone have better numbers that the ones i found?

- is there somebody out there, who would help me? ;)

• Like 1

take me out to the black,

tell 'em i ain't coming back,

i don't care, i'm still free,

you can't take the sky from me.

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

Instead of all the numbers I suppose I would only be interested in the countries that fly it, the weapons that it carries, and a short narrative about it. All the other stuff is kind of useless in my opinion. But adding that information (especially the short narrative) would be a huge boost for me and could actually make reading the encyclopedia fun as well as educational. I would definitely download a mod for this.

Yes original formatting is really crap. I tried to do with it something but I gave up, cos I don't know many about LUA text abilities.

Especially in my opinion area for text is too small! When you read description of the vehicle it would be better to read more in one line than one sentence in 3 lines. Hope you know what I mean. I tried to resize text field but I couldn't :|

So I wish you success and IMHO this mod would be nice.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

A great start!

IMHO you should reorganize the data for combat performance. I also added "sensors" as this is one of the most important informations for operations with and against those targets, as well as when building missions, but it is still missing. :(

- Name of the vehicle

- Type

- max speed

- rate of climb

- max range

- service ceiling

- g limit

- weaponry

- sensors

- Country where it was designed

- Developer

- First flight

- comissioning

- number of crew members

- turbines

- power

- deadweight

- normal weight

- max weight

- max fuel

- overall length

- vent (?) length

- diameter of main rotor

- diameter of tail rotor

- wingspan

- height

- countries that use that vehicle

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

...and a short narrative about it.

I also thought about it, but

Especially in my opinion area for text is too small!

is right. Its a lil bit akward to only have about 3 words in 1 line. But if i really get goiong with this, i think ill add a little narrative, too.

I also added "sensors" as this is one of the most important informations for operations with and against those targets...

Hey youre right. More information of how to engage a specific vehicle could outweight the lack of info given in the manual about that topic.

take me out to the black,

tell 'em i ain't coming back,

i don't care, i'm still free,

you can't take the sky from me.

...still waiting for the day when the military recruits their dronepilots out of a group of flightsimgamers...

• 1 month later...

I would very much like to see this project be continued. I mostly would like a short narrative about the item, country employing item, range of threat from engagement, and offensive and defensive tactics to defeat and survive unit.

How is the project comming along now? Is there a way to make this a standalone document so that i might be able to review it without having to boot up DCS?