Using the TO function in the ABRIS

LukeFF

Is there a particular operating procedure needed when using this function in the ABRIS? I am playing the "Courier" single mission at the moment, which requires the player to fly to the last known waypoint of a UAZ. Currently I select the waypoint, then select the TO function and finally I enable Route Mode. Is this the correct procedure for this particular task?

AFAIK the ABRIS doesn't talk to the autopilot. To use the route mode hit the WPT button then one of the numbered buttons on the PVI 8000 to select a waypoint, trim some forward cyclic to get some speed, then engage route mode. The ABRIS is there more as a map / reference / info source for the pilot, rather than interfacing directly with other aircraft systems.

The TO function will also wipe out the route currently in the ABRIS. If you want to change waypoints, you can go to the FPL page and use the right wheel to highlight the waypoint, and then hit the WPT button. That will make the selected waypoint active.

Neither the PVi or ABRIS talk to each other, so if you want to go to a different waypoint, you'll have to punch it into the PVI also. Assuming the waypoint is in the PVI, or you want to program it.