Deactivate BS?

Yes, that is a very good precaution to take in this case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
I'm reinstalling windows right now and I didn't deactivate! I guess well see what happens...

You will loose one of your activation.:doh:You should deactivate it first.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

Can somebody please explain this hardware points table? According to the table a simple reinstall of Windows should not go over 12 points right?

It seems like people know nothing about these activations!

Usually the activation is dependend on your hardware-combination and you will keep your actication-code until you exceed a total score of 12 points changed from your original configuration. The table gives you an overview on which things cause what score:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

Example: To make loose an activation, you have to change the computer-name 5 times. That would give you a total score of 15.

Or you could change your CPU, which gives you a total score of 13 points.

In general, if you make any changes to your hardware, you should deactivate first and reactivate after the change. Reinstalling windows on the same PC usually does not kill your activation AFAIK. Considering how easy and quickly you can deactivate the key, it won't hurt to make precautions, though ;)

Edited by Feuerfalke
  • Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD