Life with Black Shark?

Flyby

Life with BS? Well, this sim has made me poorer for one thing. I ended up getting a second monitor, Track IR, and a pair of headphones just so I could fully immerse myself in this incredible sim. I've been flying flight sims since the original MS flight simulator on my dads Compaq (5 inch screen as I recall) back in the eighties, and this sim has surpassed them all, even my alltime favorite, Falcon 4. It's a masterpiece. I often feel overwhelmed but then I dig a little deeper and and slowly but surely get a handle on it, only to encounter another challenge. I try to fly a couple of hours a night and am now to the point where I need to master the ABRIS.

So yeah, life with BS is good!

thanks for the reply, '61. So do you think BS is as challenging as F4? I remember feeling good because I could land the plane, and feeling great because I mastered in-flight refueling.

hey '45 here's a Gunship! page. It's not been updated in over a year, but you may find some items of use:

http://www.simwarrior.com/gunship/index.html

Flyby out

ps hey, maybe if I'm lucky there will be an add-on available from DCS by the time I have a new gaming rig! :D

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Black Shark is much more of a challenge, at least for me. The main reason is because I was already a pilot in real life when I first flew F4, so it was more or less mastering the weapon systems and quirks of the sim. With Black Shark, however, I have to start from square one having never flown a chopper before. I spent the first two weeks just flying - no weapon systems, no abris - just taking off, hovering, point a to point b stuff. I have now come to the point where I am comfortable with the weapon system which I think is easier than F4s, but the abris is still something I am trying to wrap my head around.

BS is by far the superior sim apart from the lack of a dynamic campaign.

I'm still playing this sim every day, or almost.

Last time I checked, I had close to 140 houres of flight on the Ka-50.

Now that I've become pretty capable in the chopper, I wish DCS would make expansion for later models. With IR capabilities.

I know it's a mather of data availability from kamov, but some things could be made based on educated speculations.

Right! Dynamic campaign is what I miss most. And the Wingman/Tower communication could be more detailed. Just to name three: Tower communication in emergency situations and Weapons/Status check commands and optional attack procedures commands could be implemented in my point of veiw.

BUT I LOVE THIS SIM !!!!!!!!!!!

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Black Shark is much more of a challenge, at least for me. The main reason is because I was already a pilot in real life when I first flew F4, so it was more or less mastering the weapon systems and quirks of the sim. With Black Shark, however, I have to start from square one having never flown a chopper before. I spent the first two weeks just flying - no weapon systems, no abris - just taking off, hovering, point a to point b stuff. I have now come to the point where I am comfortable with the weapon system which I think is easier than F4s, but the abris is still something I am trying to wrap my head around.

thanks for the opinion, '61. think you'll get into the multiplayer aspect of it? that would be the end-all for me (once I get the sim).

fox_, I've been told in no uncertain terms that DCS will not, I repeat, will not model a helicopter based on educated speculation. I too had posed this idea some time ago, and it was poo-pooed instantly and imo vigorously. Sorry for our luck. Imagine the possible game play with the two-seater Alligator, or any two-place gunship. I believe the sim world is still waiting for a successor the Janes Longbow2, especially with two-place multiplayer capability. Still, it's good to know people seem very satisfied with Black Shark as a sim. :)

Flyby out

About the multiplayer aspect.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43372

“Coming soon to your screens…”

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=718092&postcount=18

“2 flags, 2 teams, 4 classes (?). 1 winner! Capture the flag. Black Shark 1.0.1”.

Commercial… Bah!

cool links, but having two breathers sharing the same war-bird online will be a next-level event. If DCS can pull that off it will own online simulation war gaming, imo. Exciting to think about (unless your crew dog is an idiot! :D )

Flyby out

great to see you're not bored! :D But what do you mean "by way of TOWs"? Nice looking project photos, btw.

Flyby out

After finishing all SP campaigns on highest reality setting never played it again. I never tried MP, maybe later this will be the reason to return back to BS.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

After finishing all SP campaigns on highest reality setting never played it again. I never tried MP, maybe later this will be the reason to return back to BS.

If you have an opportunity to play against other breathers, I'd recommend multiplayer for any sim (though I do not yet own Black Shark). Perhaps you are using multiplayer in some other sim?

As for being a TOW magnet...well...only my friend leafer! :D

Flyby out

If you have an opportunity to play against other breathers, I'd recommend multiplayer for any sim (though I do not yet own Black Shark). Perhaps you are using multiplayer in some other sim?

As for being a TOW magnet...well...only my friend leafer! :D

Flyby out

I´m playin arma 2 online. The problem with BS is that mý friends are not patient enough to learn flight sims so it´s hard to find people who are able to fly MP in BS.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I understand, jc. None of my "core" friends are really interested in participating in online simming. Only one of them has any interest in sims at all, and he claims he wants to wait until he's good enough before going online to compete with breathers. Meanwhile I've met some great people (thru Hyperlobby) and they helped me learn the ropes, especially in IL2. I flew a bit online in LOMAC too. I guess I would tell you to look for like-minded people who happen to be already online, flying Black Shark. I think you'll find them easily enough. You may try several people, or squadrons, but with a bit of luck you'll find a group that you can fly with, the way you like to fly. Then you'll have a great time, especially once you're on comms, talking with that bunch just like they were old friends (which they will become). You'll meet people from around the world, and won't think twice about who does not want to fly the sims you like. Now go get out there! ;)

Flyby out

Edited by Flyby

because of this game, I am in the middle of divorce

That should explain the life with Black Shark

So that's the secret! You lucky dog! I gotta get this sim now! :D

Flyby out

because of this game, I am in the middle of divorce

That should explain the life with Black Shark

Then you must be aching for the release of the Mi-24V so she can simulate your stewardess when transporting troops to the battlefield and everything will be fine again:smartass:.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3: