Editing the hud shader?

Kurtz

When I fly at night the only place I cant see is at my 12 oclock because of the hud shader(the pear shaped shader that the data is displayed on). I find my self leaning to the left or right so as to have a clear view of whats up front. I know you can adjust the brightness of the hud data. Thats not the problem. Its the static I see at 12oclock through the NVG.

In EECH you could adjust the shader density, or even turn it off.

Does anyone know where to edit this in DCS?

It's not a "shader" it's reflection from the HUD lamp. And since it's what puts the symbols on the HUD in the first place you can't make it less bright without also making the symbols less bright.

But even if you turn down the hud brightness until the symbology goes off, the "reflection" is still there. Is it possible to turn the hud off when flying at night and just use other cockpit instruments to navigate, and target via shkval? I'd like to be able to see whats in front of me.

ok turning the hud off does nothing to improve forward view with NVG. It must relate to the glass texture I think. Does anybody know where to find the forward(are they blast shields) glass texture?