Trackir Center View Key doesn't work

vgilsoler

I can't get that trackir center view key works.

If I run Blackshark without trackir the center view key assignement in BS works.

If I run Blackshark with trackir enabled the center view key in BS doesn't work. The center view key assignement in trackir neither. I tried using same keys and I tried using different keys.

I tried running BS and Trackir as administrator, I tried login windows as administrator.

I deleted also all key assignements to F12 and F9 Keys, deleting all key assignements to views.

I renamed folder X52-pro to avoid the problems with saitek directoutput service.

My mind now is empty and I don't know new ideas to test.

These are the characteristics of my rig:

Windows Vista 64 Home Premium

Blackshark english DVD box

Trackir 4 software version 4.1.037

X52-Pro software version 6.6.9

Nvidia 8800GTX drivers 186.18

Any suggestions?

I7 3770K - 32 GB DDR3 - Nvidia RTX 4060 - SSD + NVME

Hello,

You don't need the BS center view key (KP 0) when using the TIR. You dont need to reassign the F9 and F12 keys in BS either (if that is what you are doing) I suggest resetting BS key assignments and going to the TIR software to make sure the center view key (F12) works there as a start. Use the head tracking pictures in the TIR software to check.

Hello,

You don't need the BS center view key (KP 0) when using the TIR. You dont need to reassign the F9 and F12 keys in BS either (if that is what you are doing) I suggest resetting BS key assignments and going to the TIR software to make sure the center view key (F12) works there as a start. Use the head tracking pictures in the TIR software to check.

Using the tracking pictures it works. As in other games like IL-2. The problem is inside Blackshark, F9 and F12 keys don't work. If I assign another keys doesn't work too. Is like Blackshark grab the key press and trackir doesn't know that the keys are pressed.

I had same problem. I just deleted the F12 assignment from the BS keys (if I remember rightly its set to some view that you'll prob never use) It worked fine after that.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Have you tried using the "trap" option in the profile/hotkey settings?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

^^^^^ Use the trap setting as suggested above or set up a custom profile for TIR with Black Shark using maybe PAD + and PAD - as center and pause then program those keys to your HOTAS.

I use those keystrokes programmed on the primary Hat 1 switch on Cougar. Up is center TIR, Down is Pause TIR, left and right on same hat is zoom in and zoom out. Very handy and intuitive.

Out

Note, F9 and F12 control the radio commands. AFAIK you can't unmap or remap those.

F12 is mapped to STATIC OBJECT VIEW, useless if you ask me. So just delete that from the BS keys and it will work fine. It works for me anyway.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Remapping TrackIr - if you have enough keys/buttons available.

I've mapped my TIR Center to one of the buttons on the collective (you need to recent quite often in game).

Enable/Disable TIR I mapped to some odd key, never uses it anyway. ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

F12 is mapped to STATIC OBJECT VIEW, useless if you ask me. So just delete that from the BS keys and it will work fine. It works for me anyway.

F9 and F12 are ALSO mapped as radio commands, and afaik this cannot be changed. Therefore, it's best to use something else for TrackIR, unless you never use the radio. Cheers if that's the case.

I do this to centre my trackir.

I remapped trackir to have keypad 5 as centre view, but ingame numlock must be enabled or tir5 doesnt pick up the command.

And I have bound the keypad 5 button to the C button on my x52

F9 and F12 are ALSO mapped as radio commands, and afaik this cannot be changed. Therefore, it's best to use something else for TrackIR, unless you never use the radio. Cheers if that's the case.

Its unlikely that you'll be needing to centre your TrackIR view at one of those few occasions that you are using the radio. Lets be honest. However, F12 centre trackIR, then use radio if you must ....

I created a new profile and tried to reassign the keys in Trackir with end, pagedown, pageup deleting them from BS assignements and it happens the same. I tried with BS running and BS closed when I reassign the keys to trackir.

Have you made sure that you are running trackir as administrator ?

I had problems with Lockon just yesterday, I reinstalled it and for the love of me I couldnt get tir5 to centre view, it didnt work with tir5 and tir4 software, so I went back to buggy 5 and set it to run as administrator and it worked.

that being said, centre view works perfect in dcs from the get go without needing to be set as admin, thats what I find and thats on vista 64.

Have you made sure that you are running trackir as administrator ?

I had problems with Lockon just yesterday, I reinstalled it and for the love of me I couldnt get tir5 to centre view, it didnt work with tir5 and tir4 software, so I went back to buggy 5 and set it to run as administrator and it worked.

that being said, centre view works perfect in dcs from the get go without needing to be set as admin, thats what I find and thats on vista 64.

In my last attempt I run trackir as normal user. I'll try to remap again as admin login.

have you set the blackshark game profile to the same profile that you are using ?

as by default, the game profile for blackshark is set to the "default" profile and that probably wont be what you need for ingame thus the correct profile wont load when the game starts.

the profile that works outside of the game for you, set that profile so that it starts with blackshark in the profile list and also tick the exclusive box just to see if that works.

Also if possible, take screenshots of ALL of the settings that you have in tir and also in the game profile list take a screenshot that includes the blackshark game profile so that we can see what settings you are using, which should make it much better for us to be able to help you.

Edited by bumfire

have you set the blackshark game profile to the same profile that you are using ?

as by default, the game profile for blackshark is set to the "default" profile and that probably wont be what you need for ingame thus the correct profile wont load when the game starts.

the profile that works outside of the game for you, set that profile so that it starts with blackshark in the profile list and also tick the exclusive box just to see if that works.

Also if possible, take screenshots of ALL of the settings that you have in tir and also in the game profile list take a screenshot that includes the blackshark game profile so that we can see what settings you are using, which should make it much better for us to be able to help you.

I tried creating a new profile for blackshark, using a fixed profile, and checking the profile assigned to blackshark.

If I'm in game and I press the mapped keys nothing happens. If I do ALT+TAb, return to windows desktop and press again the keys it works. It happens the same if the session I'm running is administrator or not.

I'll try to take some screeenshots later.

I've reinstalled BlackShark and left default setup. but It's still happening the same. These are screenshots of the trackir setup.

3724076136_c97a4bc3bf_o.jpg

3724076040_ab5ddc647a_o.jpg

When I try to take a screenshot of blackshark controls setup I only got a black screen but the mapped keys in trackir are deleted from blackshark controls.

Do you have TIR5 hardware ?

If so use the TIR5 software, because just the other day when I re-installed Lockon, I COULD NOT get centre view to work with trackir 5 hardware and trackir 4 software.

I had to reinstall buggy trackir 5 beta software for centre view to work for me in lockon, maybe this is the same problem you are suffering from but in blackshark instead of lockon ?

Also in vista make sure you run trackir and the game as admin, do it via right clicking on the shortcuts and selecting compatibilty and then select run as administrator.

TBH, I think if you have trackir5 hardware, the reason you cant centre view is because you are using trackir4 software probably, as that was the reason that I couldnt centre view in lockon, I had to use trackir5 hardware with trackir 5 beta software in order for centre view to work properly in some games, however Blackshark was not one of them.

Even if you dont have tir5 hardware, try using the tir5 software beta version and see if that helps, also reset the game to default controls so that your not having conflicts mapping buttons that are used ingame.

BTW, page up and page down are used for throttle controls ingame, unless you have changed them manually in the game control section.

Edited by bumfire

and you are running both the TrackIR, and Black shark, as an admin (right click on the exe and selecting run as admin)?

Any other applications running in the background, keyboard software, etc.?

I login as admin. BlackShark and Trackir run as admin also.