Strange left engine shutdown problem

Griffin

I have a very strange problem! I was playing one of non-campaign missions called Patrol. I've flown it a few times and about 3 times i've returned back home with only one engine. Up until today i've thought that the left engine malfunction was caused by enemy SAMs or other combat vehicles. Yesterday i even posted here that i got hit by an AT-3 shot from BMP-1 which caused my left engine to die. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Today the situation was as follows. I was hovering over and slightly behind a mountain for cover. My altitude was around 1 km above sea level. The engine, rotor and sensors anti-ice systems were on. I was shooting at an enemy column with Vikhrs from 6-7 km away. There were also blokes with Stingers in the area but they were at least 10 km to my right side and it was the left engine that got shut down. Nothing could have shot at me at the moment and nothing did as i saw in the debriefing after the mission.

Well suddenly i start to hear these EKRAN and rotor speed warnings. I get out of hover and head down the mountain valley to get speed and head home. I look at the instruments. Oil pressure zero. Left engine has shut down. EKRAN says "left transmission oil pressure". Turning off left engine and unneeded systems. Landed at base succesfully, refueled and rearmed. Started left engine again. Everything seemed fine at that moment. Tried to take off and at about 20 m above runway the left engine shut down again. Same symptoms. Well then i just gave up.

No i wasn't jerking the collective. I've learned to move it and the cyclic smoothly enough.

I have a track which i'm not able to load here because it's over 5 MB.. If there is someway to edit unneeded parts, let me know.

Make sure your EGG is on.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Yes everything is on. This mission starts in the air so every system is already on. After i restarted the engine at the base i did turn the EEG on again also.

I just watched the track a couple of times. The engine power hangs near the limit. The limit lights come one once for a moment, then they go out. I keep climbing slowly in a hover and suddenly the engine just drops off.

EDIT: It might be the same problem as in THIS thread. Still seems weird to have it with all the anti-icing systems on and hovering.

Any ideas?

Edited by Griffin

• ED Team

Are there any tracks? I only can suggest that dust protector was on instead of engine deicer.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Sounds just like it. You can check that yourself or you can replay the track and make a screenshot of the upper panel and post it here.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Are there any tracks? I only can suggest that dust protector was on instead of engine deicer.

Yeah i have a track but it's too big to upload to the forums (over 5 MB).

But, i just did the same observation as one poster in the thread i posted a link to. The engine anti-ice switch is a three position switch. I didn't have the engine anti-ice on afterall. The switch looks like it's in the up position when in fact it's in the middle.

Crap.. I feel like an ass. Well you learn something everyday with this sim.

Thank you for help lads! I'll come back if this doesn't solve the problem for some reason.

Yes, it's a bit difficult sometimes. If you fly in winter, always check the status-lights for deicers on the overhead panel.

Yeah i have a track but it's too big to upload to the forums (over 5 MB).

But, i just did the same observation as one poster in the thread i posted a link to. The engine anti-ice switch is a three position switch. I didn't have the engine anti-ice on afterall. The switch looks like it's in the up position when in fact it's in the middle.

Crap.. I feel like an ass. Well you learn something everyday with this sim.

Thank you for help lads! I'll come back if this doesn't solve the problem for some reason.

If it's too big just upload it to mediafire... That's what I always do when I have a file I can't post normally.

Also, if you're running Tacview, that may help a little in determining if you got hit by any fire you didn't realize.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP