New Fictional Texture

Timm

Hi

A new fictional (WIP) texture I have just knocked up. Timm

27619860.jpg

Edited by Timm
  • Like 1

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that. What helps me alot is I have a small file with approx 300 paint color templates which from that I can just pick and choose any colour, and came up with this colour texture. I have done a couple of changes. ie darken the foot plate and added my Test Pilot Center badge to the side as I belong to that section. I think what made this one look cool was I added two clicks of the 3D Drop shadow effect around the camo layer which gave that outline effect around the camoflage. Timm

screenshot000g.jpg

Edited by Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hi Joey,

Sorry I should explained better. I use Paintshop Pro X and found some time back some templates showing various colours and from these I can just select a colour whilst in PSP and play around with it proir to placing on the texture. Here they are if you want.Timm

1.JPG.8bc047cbfde70682914f254017611c16.JPG

2.JPG.b99e6a8cc1eecec489b65858dd7b4a70.JPG

3.JPG.6daefdb0370123a1e4d119d24bcd91d6.JPG

Edited by Timm
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just putting the finishing touches to her and hope to upload tomorrow to Lockon. Now one thing I should mention I am new to all this adding textures thingy and have not yet worked out how to add a new texture to BS, what I have been able to do and it works well is do it as a MODMAN addon what it will do is replace a default texture, Now I don't use the "Olive Grey Texture" at all so I have made these textures to replace those, so when in the mission editor all you need to do is look for the Olive Grey Texture and you will be good to go. I have now finished the texture and will be uploading shortly. Here's the latest and final shot of her. Timm

screenshot000zzy.jpg

Edited by Timm

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upload this new texture to Lockon but I think the traffic is pretty heavy at the moment as my upload to LO is taking for ever. I will try again later. Timm

Cool it looks really nice!!! Post when you manage to upload it. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Hi Guys,

I am still trying to upload this texture to LOCKON, it just does not want to go is there any where else I can sent it. Timm

Edited by Timm

Nice toby23 for helping Timm. I really want this fictional texture!!

Let us know when it will be available for download.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Hi Guys,

I have PM Toby so I hope he can help in getting this texture up for you. Oh here is another closer shot of her. Timm

screenshot001i.jpg

This skin has been submitted to LockOnFiles and is awaiting approval.
Hi Toby,

Well what more can I say but thanks alot. So glad it has got there at last. Still here are some more screen shots of her while you wait. Timm

screenshot007jsc.jpg

screenshot006s.jpg

screenshot005bgt.jpg

screenshot004oan.jpg

screenshot001gyp.jpg

Beautiful work Tim :)

One question- ive been trying to find out how to replace the Russian Star on the default skin for my own country. I mostly play in multiplay so the default skin is what we see.

Do you know where the star is located?

This is going to be my default skin. Awesome work Timm, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Russian Star on the default skin

Hi Kurtz,

When you say the default skin are your refereing to the "STANDARD" texture? as this one has the red stars in the paint kit which is based on the standard texture and can be removed from the kit proir to making it a texture. Glad you like the texture. Timm

Hi Kurtz,

When you say the default skin are your refereing to the "STANDARD" texture?

The default texture used in multiplay located in WorldTexturesBMP3.cdds has no tail logo, or underbelly logo. It is applied later. Check out your skin added as "paint1" for use in multiplay.

russtar.jpg

It is this star that i want to replace with other country logo's, or just remove so it doesnt mess up excellent skins like yours, but I can find it anywhere?

any help appreciated :)

Hi Kurtz,

Are I see what you mean now. I am sure there is away in taking it out but I'm sorry I can't help. Timm

Edited by Timm