The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-50 Prospective Aircraft System of Frontline Aviation (PAK-FA) - is the 5th generation fighter of the Russian Federation. The first flight was scheduled for August 2009 if there isn`t some new info that i don`t know about... Serial production is expected to start in 2012.

BTW some new info i saw on the net about another russian aircraft: Russia plans to build 48 Su-35s in 2012-2015.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

BTW some new info i saw on the net about another russian aircraft: Russia plans to build 48 Su-35s in 2012-2015.

I believe those are for internal use of Russian VVS & PVO, delieveries are to take place in that same period. At first I thought these planes were scheduled for export (to India, China, Venezuela, you name it) but I guess Russian VVS decided to buy 'em. Now with you saying about plans to build completely new airframes I guess VVS and PVO will have new birds and not those sitting in some hangar waiting for deposit before they depart.

Here's the link to new Flankers of VVS & PVO:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/SUKH081909A.xml

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Started ? Eehh without proof it is like before, something exist but nobody has seen it nobody knows where it is, noone (...) :D

Edited by Boberro
  • Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I believe those are for internal use of Russian VVS & PVO, delieveries are to take place in that same period. At first I thought these planes were scheduled for export (to India, China, Venezuela, you name it) but I guess Russian VVS decided to buy 'em. Now with you saying about plans to build completely new airframes I guess VVS and PVO will have new birds and not those sitting in some hangar waiting for deposit before they depart.

Here's the link to new Flankers of VVS & PVO:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/SUKH081909A.xml

Quite interesting info. 36 su-34 sounds great. :thumbup:

Started ? Eehh without proof it is like before, something exist but nobody have seen it nobody know where it is, noone (...) :D

It`s true but the official are constantly talking about flight tests at the end of the year, so there must be some truth in all this. After all PAK-FA is one of the priorities of the Ruaf.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's nice that they get new modern aircraft, but that the government favourise Sukhoi over Mikoyan, leads me to belive that Sukhoi don't have to do the best, they can, because of no competition. Any remember Su-27K vs. Mig-29K?

But that's AFAIK.

Started ? Eehh without proof it is like before, something exist but nobody has seen it nobody knows where it is, noone (...) :D

Russian engineers cunstruct and build remarkable planes. No doubt but they are known to take their time... time...time... zzzzzzzz.

what's the russian translation of "Siesta" by the way :D?

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

It's nice that they get new modern aircraft, but that the government favourise Sukhoi over Mikoyan, leads me to belive that Sukhoi don't have to do the best, they can, because of no competition. Any remember Su-27K vs. Mig-29K?

But that's AFAIK.

Well, Sukhoi airframes have certain advantage over MiGs! Fuel capacity / combat range, larger payload and a better weapon mix are just a few of them. I wouldn't call it favourizing anyone because it's obviously a better deal. Favorizing is choosing a poor product sold by highest bidder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^ This is not the real PAK-FA it`s just an artist concept of how it may look. First real "spy" photos can be expected at the end of the year when it begins flight testing. I doubt it will fly only at night so we might get a glimpse of it.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^ Dude :megalol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: +1

Ups, must spread some first.

Edit: BTW it`s so small it must be really invisible for radars. And it has special stealth paint. :)

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]