The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

When it comes to nose cone and we look at F-22 and F-35, I believe something like that can be expected with PAK-FA but do not think of this similarity as a reverse engineering or a copy of US made stealth fighters Raptor and Lightning.

Bear in mind that similar shape was also present with Su-32/34 long before any public F-22 presentation!

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, no ... there is no similarity in those shapes. If you understand the premise of the F-22's stealth you'll see how vastly different they are, and you'll wonder a bit about the F-35's intakes maybe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Is there a test firing range in Zukovsky actually? Or can they only do "dry" tests like simulated missile launches?

Not that I know, it's too close to Moscow so all the testing done there at the moment and in the past was usually restricted to testing flight and taxi capabilities of new aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, no ... there is no similarity in those shapes. If you understand the premise of the F-22's stealth you'll see how vastly different they are, and you'll wonder a bit about the F-35's intakes maybe.

Can you elaborate a bit deeper, please. What's the catch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 3rd generation of stealth depends on all edges being aligned to the same angles.

Take a look of a front and plan view of the F-22 for example. Match each fin edge (wings, elevators, rudders) as well as the intake edge angles. You'll see they match front and back.

Can you elaborate a bit deeper, please. What's the catch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thx Vekkinho for clearing that up. So this means the Su-47 is not really testing missile launches but something else about the weapon bay. If at all. The bay could as well be on it from a former test.

Yes, there's no indicaton of actual missile launches only because you see bay open.

I'd say they're testing drag and RCS increase with open bay doors! Or perhaps performance of hydraulics that actuate these doors in airborne conditions!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My bet stands that it will look somewhat familiar. Lets see.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Am i the only one who sense that the PAK-Fa is more "accepted" than the F-22?

Well it`s too soon to talk about it as not much is known but it should be able to do the same thing F-22 does, but it will cost much less. What`s not to like! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So you believe in magic? Prices might not be the same, but the Russian economy is also much smaller, and proportionally a PAK-FA should be just expensive for Russia as an F-22 was for the US if they do the same stuff. I'd say most expensive still because they probably need to either import some components (which I find doubtful, I don't think they would do this) or get their own facilities up to snuff in terms of electronics reliability.

GGTharos, keep in mind that the prices aren't the same for the USA and Russian aviation industries.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deliver a plane with similar (or even greater) capabilities than its Western counterpart, and costing less.

It's the good ol' cost/benefit ratio, and works for aviation too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GGTharos, keep in mind that the prices aren't the same for the USA and Russian aviation industries.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deliver a plane with similar (or even greater) capabilities than its Western counterpart, and costing less.

It's the good ol' cost/benefit ratio, and works for aviation too.

Judging for the price Russia sold those Mig-29K to india and the projected price for Su-35 I would say In that aspect Russia is catching up pretty quick on western prices. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

^^^^

Keep dreaming. You get what you pay for. If it costs much less, it does much less :)

Well it might not have the airs and graces F-22 has but when it comes to results I don`t think there will be much difference. It even might have some advantages over F-22 - like payload, range, etc., until we see some official data though I`m not making assumptions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]