The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

wire chaffing + short + abundance of Oxygen = Fire

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know that because you work at Saturn.

OMG those crazy russians trying to build aircrafts by they own......

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

And you know that because you work at Saturn.

No, because I read the Russian military press and see the volume of complaints about the program. The blowers are well behind schedule, and nowhere close to their reliability targets.

OMG those crazy russians trying to build aircrafts by they own......

OMG those crazy russian aviation fans- if only the objects of their affections could fly on the strength of their dreams...

• Like 1

All new aircraft projects suffers from all kind of problems during development. Specially complex designs like the PAK-FA.

It would be a miracle if the T-50 project tests would end without any major damage or fault, like almost every new aircraft project in the world, and the level of complains raise with the level of difficult in development.

Similar volume of complains like the F-35 for naming only one.

And Russian military press like any military press service all over the world, are, as always, more optimistic and less open to tell the complete truth. The truth is always worst. XD

Thanks from a crazy aviation fan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Well this evens the playing field now... now the T-50 can be poked fun at as well... bravo.

Well he started it!

(That is also in reference to the fact that your 2 year old gets along better than we do!)

:megalol:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

No, no, NO.

I demand that Carlo Kopp write a piece about how horrible the PAK-FA is and how it'll be shot down by Su-27's with IRSTs.

All new aircraft projects suffers from all kind of problems during development. Specially complex designs like the PAK-FA.

It would be a miracle if the T-50 project tests would end without any major damage or fault, like almost every new aircraft project in the world, and the level of complains raise with the level of difficult in development.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Specially if the PAK-FA catch fire flying XDDD

The IR signature could be awesome

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what could possibly ignite in that area??

hot hydraulic plumbing for the movable LERX?

Plenty of stuff can ignite in an aircraft.

plasma generators? :suspect:

Yes, there are plasma generators in PAK-FA but before this thread goes full retard it is used to start the engines.

Bad blowers = fire. No need to blame the wiring. That engine program has been screwed from the word "Go", do not collect 200 rubles...

Watch out everyone, we have an experten on hands here.

What happened?

In fact, it went down slightly different. Today T-50 initially rose to demonstrate the possibilities for our Indian guests. Around 12 pm on board lost contact. Was only partial remaining. On the 3rd turn there was an alarm, shavings in the right engines, the pilot was forced to shut down the right engine. Since there was no communication, he passed over the runway waving wings, letting understand the RP (EDIT: ATC) problems on board. Successfully able to land the plane on one engine. Turned to the nearest taxiway, the pilot immediately turned off the left engine. Then all the fun started! RP gave the command to leave the plane immediately. Pilot turned around and saw that intense belching black smoke poured out of the right engine. Without waiting for any ladders pilot jumped out of the cockpit. Seeing a burning puddle of fuel underneath the plane he ran a good 100 meters.

He's being a talking head.

What's the maximum operational speed for the F-22? No one knows, and no one who knows is talking.

Let's be very clear about one thing: The F-22 flies something like a clean, no CFT F-15E with -229's when it comes to acceleration etc. The F-15 is limited to M2.5 for particular reasons relating to engine performance, but the -229, using some -119 technology (same for the -220's), is insanely powerful at supersonic speeds. I figure the -119 might be doing a touch better.

NASA's F-15, with some tweaks to the old engines, hit close to M2.7.

So, what's the F-22's top speed? It's got more TWR than the F-15, and it flies without stuff hanging off of it, which is a major (more than half a mach number) top speed limiting factor for the F-15.

I have no idea how he made his comparisons, and frankly if the T-50 'is lighter with more TWR and more fuel', I'd like to know exactly what it is they sacrificed to get that light weight.

What about inlets? F-15 can configure them for the flight regime, F-22? Not so well.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

• 4 weeks later...
What about inlets? F-15 can configure them for the flight regime, F-22? Not so well.

I did understand the DSI approximated to a single fixed ramp giving one oblique shock followed by a normal shock. Works perfectly well to Mach 2 and then shows considerable Pt losses against variable 2 ramp systems.

I've heard plenty of things about F-22 inlets, none of which I can verify. It's possible that they just don't care about speeds past M2, since supercruise is useful up to about M1.8, so it is entirely possible that the inlet will work poorly after a certain speed.

We'd have to look at an acceleration graph to figure it all out :)

However the engines generate so much thrust that it just might not matter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Another important point is this:

Flat dash intercept for 150nm is accomplished in 16+ minutes with an F-15C, but about 10.5 minutes with an F-22. The F-22 also arrives with fuel to spare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You really have to work on your reading comprehension.

For the last time. Engines are not the reason why top speed is limited to Mach 2.

Wait, so you're implying that the T-50 max speed is lower than the F-22? That's hard to believe. :ermm: