x52 Pro MFD interface to Black Shark?

EinsteinEP

I've taken up, as a hobby, writing applications that interface with the MFD on my x52 Pro. I'm currently working on one that takes data from IL2 and displays it on the MFD. Next I was going to make a similar utility for Falcon 4.0. Eventually, I'd like to make something for Black Shark as well.

IL2 shares info via DeviceLink (see DeviceLink.txt in your IL2 folder) and I'm planning on using the F4SharedMemory reader for Falcon 4.0, but I haven't been able to find any info on how to get info from/to Black Shark.

Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place?

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Ooo I'd love to get involved in this hobby project. I'm waiting for my X52 Pro and I've been thinking about producing something to display the RCtrl+Enter thingy for checking your trim on the small MFD. Maybe we could crack this one together in a couple of weeks when I've gotten aquainted with my X52 Pro?

Unfortunately I do not know how to interface the MFD to the game information yet. Maybe someone else knows?

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Thanks for the lead, CyBerkut, but, unfortunately, it's got as much information as we've got in this thread!

Oh well. Off to go do some diggin'.

Has anyone asked Balu about it? He's a member of these forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Data is exported via Lua, the same as Lock On.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=567&scr=default&lang=en

If you're able to interface with F4 SharedMem, you should have no issues with Lua sockets.

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

There already is some basic implemented functionality but all it does is send a message to your MFD.

If you look in C:\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin\stable you will see a file called lua-direct_output.dll. Saitek is the only game controler I know of that uses DirectOutput(It's what sends stuff to the MFD) so maybee you could find out what they implemented in their DLL and make a C program to call on the functions of it.

I have a feeling that it was just a pet project for ED and never really got implemented properly.

If you make your own code you will probably have to remove or rename the ED file.

As previous posters have stated you would have to get your data from LUA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 8 months later...