Please Help...Going Insane...

rabidscoobie

Ok for some reason in the control settings for my x52 axis has vanished.....they are gone and for some reason(kinda screwy control config DCS has) I cannot reprogramm.It will only let me highlight the axis name but that is it.

I have tried loading the default profile but the only way it will let me is if I highlight say the mouse column but then it messes up my mouse settings....what the hell is with this really weird way of setting up the controls?Why isnt there just a default select button?Or am I missing something.

How in the world do I get the column back so I can get my joystick controls working again?Please..:mad::cry::cry::huh::mad:

Launcher2009-07-1102-14-18-99.jpg

I think I had a similar incident when I replugged my x52 at some stage.

I dont remember quite what I did - but I think I unplugged and replugged, then went into Control Panel and verified calibration etc - maybe adjusted the order of the sticks in the list (there's a list with preffered gaming device there).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Well my controls do work.If i choose full simulation mode then select real in the controls options and look at the axis my axis controls are there and do work.But im trying to play with easy avionics on right now until i learn the cockpit and with those settings I have no axis controls.So the stick is working but just not in I guess game mode....if that makes sense.

Mine also "worked" - the problem was that DCS was getting another device instead of the x52 - and it seems like Windows "threw" that "other" device at DCS (I had Trackir+Mouse+x52 pedals+throttle).

And from the picture you have attached there, DCS assumes that "x52 doesn't support axis - it's a digital device only, like a keyboard".

Or that it thinks "hey, I cant see the x52 anymore - but there's still a mouse and trackir here".

This may indicate that DCS is not getting the correct info from Windows (Device, Drivers, Preffred device etc etc). :)

Reordering / adjusting it in Windows Control panel or there about - and restarting DCS fixed it. If I only could have remembered the details a bit more specificly ... sorry. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Ok im not sure but I think some how the other day I may have accidentlly hit clear profile on the x52 column for game mode.Thats why it looks that way for game mode,but If i switch to sim mode this is what it looks like:

Launcher2009-07-1102-46-24-12.jpg

And the controls do work if I play in full sim mode.I guess what I really need to know is how do I load the default joystick column profile for game mode?

Ah, you're right about that - I forgot to see what mode you were in.

Say - how if you adjust the axis for "real" mode then, and test it ingame - doesn't that work in "both modes"?

I think maybe the Axis is something you need to assign in "Real" actually - I might remember that one incorrectly too of course.

EDIT: I was wrong about that too - I just tested ingame - I do have different assignements for Real vs Game mode.

And all my x52 devices are listed and recieving orders.

Edited by Panzertard

Nope.I woulda thought so too but nope.I have full controls if I set the game for sim mode,but if I set for easy avionics then it uses the game mode controls profile.And I think the other day I may have actually hit the clear catagory button on the top and clear all my axis commands....all the other joystick commands still work....just not the axis catagory.This is the first flight I have ever seen the doesnt just have a default control button.I know a re-install would fix that but come-on....a re-install just to get default controls back.Love the game but I REALLY REALLY HATE the controls editor layout and the way it functions.

No if I reinstall does this count towards one of my activations being used?

Just for the debug/curious factor.

Take a look in the "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Temp" folder

There are a few files there - but you should have these:

- NewInputStart.txt

- NewInputDevices.txt

- inputscript.log

Maybe we can see something there, I noticed that at least my devices and assignments are listed there.

:thumbup: :)

FINALLY I got it fixed.Here is what I did:

Went to blackshark\config\input\aircrafts\ka-50\joystick and copied the saitek x52.lua and pasted that into blackshark\config\input\aircrafts\ka-50_easy\joystick folder overwriting the original and I got my default controls back.:doh::D

Thank you for the help.I really appreciated it.:thumbup:

Wll im off to :pilotfly:as long as I have no other weird probs.

Just for the debug/curious factor.

Take a look in the "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Temp" folder

There are a few files there - but you should have these:

- NewInputStart.txt

- NewInputDevices.txt

- inputscript.log

Maybe we can see something there, I noticed that at least my devices and assignments are listed there.

yes I do have all those.Im almost 100% sure all my probs are from the DCS controls editor.Like I said I think I may have hit the "clear catagory" button and If you do that it will not let you edit anything in that column...weird really.