problems with deactivation

hello everybody,

I have installed BS on a Vista 64bit platform and runs fine. I installed it once but now I have to move the simulation to another harddisk.

After reading the manual I try to de-activate the program but with no luck.

Instead I am using my activations at an alarming rate (started with nine out of ten I guess but now I am down to 5)

I am following the manual to the letter but I still can't seem to de activate...

In fact, I don't have a 'deactivation command' in the Start menu

and when I run the 'protect.exe' file, I do not get the same screen as shown in the quick start manual....

Can you imagine how I feel...?

All help appreciated

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Edited by Glaudrung

Well,

since there is no one that can shed a light on my problem, I have made my decision on this one.

Last night I have uninstalled BS. Unfortunate for me and the money that I paid but at least I don't have to worry anymore about adding memory or changing my graphical adaptor.

A lesson learned I guess.

Enjoy it guys because I certainly won't.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

You have to deactivate the game BEFORE moving it, infact before you even added your new hardware.

IMHO it's not too hard to find the correct buttons, if you run the protect.exe.

Even if it doesn't look like in the manual sometimes, choosing activate/deactivate first, then deactivate-link in the text shouldn't be too hard to find.

I don't like this protection solution very much either, but then, it's not that hard to stick to the rules either. 2 clicks and 2 lines to read is a lot less than you need to start your Ka-50.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well,

I didn't expect any reply so I removed the simulation from my harddisk.

I do want to say that there was no possible way to deactivate the software on my machine.

I have tried all three (online) methods but I NEVER got a line where I could disable the licence.

Now, for the benefit of the whole community, wouldn't it be nice that people who create software (and I do realise that bugs are not put there intentionally and that perfection is not of this world) also would try to create/write the manual in function of the actual software.

Now it's clearly written with the idea of how the software more or less was going to look like. This leads to confusion and frustration.

my 2 cents and I know they mean nothing whatsoever...

Happy flying guys

I agree that it is difficult, as you have to read the text. That is no offense, but describing where the link is, because it is in the text below the activation code.

It's not a normal button - at least not on my version and it definitely could be improved to make ot more easy to use.

As it is, you tend to just clicking by and that will rather blow one activation after another, because the primary buttons only activate the product. :music_whistling:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Instead I am using my activations at an alarming rate (started with nine out of ten I guess but now I am down to 5)

If the countdown started at "nine out of ten" you are indeed using your deactivations, not your activations.

Western DVD versions and english download version has 8 activations and 10 deactivations. If you saw a counter higher than 8 at any point, it wasn't the "activation".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

True. Good observation.