RIAT 2009

Can't wait! Me and the gf have just booked a hotel and last-minute tickets!

Aside from the weekend, if we go down on the Wednesday (next week) is there much to do in the surrounding area?

Never been to this part of the UK before..

Anyone else going?

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

The mrs. and I will be flying in from Norway on friday, really looking forward to the show, this will be my second time at the RIAT.

If you arrive on wedensday I guess you could go to the "park and view" event, isnt that on wedensday, thursday and friday?

Haha yeah you can go and photo departures/arrivals, I was thinking for HER to do though lol.

It's ok, i've booked a 4* hotel on the Sunday and i'm gonna surprise her by taking her to an otter sanctuary ;)

You can't buy style like that. Thankyou, thankyou very much.

I've just bought a film SLR camera from eBay, hoping to get a few snaps with that as well as with the two digital cameras we're taking. Otters included - I will post them here as well if anyone requests it.

GO APE SH*T

I've just got back, i'm gonna post my pics on here in case anyone's interested. Was a good weekend, weather could've been better though!

We niftily jumped the queue on the first day (Sat) by making an illegal U-turn on a double carriageway and joining a shorter route in (Blue alternate). It still took us 1hr 30mins to get in though - we arrived just in time to miss the MiG 29 display and the Apache/Lynx display. Weather was ok, quite a cloudy day though but the acrobatics went ahead. Got sunburnt :(

On the second day we also managed to beat the queues and made it in in 30mins (from start to end of joining the traffic). The weather was temperamental to say the least, but at least we'd came prepared, and when it rained we were nicely wrapped up. All of the aerobatics teams managed to display still, happy with that! (Plus we were in the tiered seating area, near the top. Nicer view than on Saturday!)

When we got ready to leave though it absolutely p*ssed it down - You might notice if I post any of the pictures! These were all on a compact digital camera, I also bought a film SLR just before we set off down and if the photos from that are good I might upload them too.

More tomorrow, here's the sort of thing I got.

No air displays really because of lack of a zoom lens, but I got some [fairly] arty ones of the static displays. Excuse the rain!

dsc00751j.th.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, the hotel we stayed in was mainly occupied by the aircrew! They kept us up on Saturday night after they left the bar in the a.m, suppose we'll forgive them eh?

GO APE SH*T