Still crashing

CBronco

World::LoadPlugins: Can't load plugin module Aerodyne.dll

World::LoadPlugins: Can't load plugin module Staff.dll

7/10/2009 19:59

LandModelManager: can't find #model 15 LightPolygon

LandModelManager: can't find #model 15 CloudShadow

Pilot Logbook::Can't execute Lua file ./PilotLogBook/Database.lua - cannot read ./PilotLogBook/Database.lua: No such file or directory

ModelManager: can't find LAP-CABLES

DXDefTexture: failed to load Noise_Empty.dds, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LuaExport::Lua data export disabled

Warning: (texture class Graphics: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

ModelManager: can't find GAZ-2410

ModelManager: can't find VAZ-2107

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LuaExport::Lua data export disabled

Warning: (texture class Graphics: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2

NVidia GeForce 8600 updated driver

Sound Blaster Audigy SE updated driver

DX 9.0c

4 GB RAM

180+ GB HD space

I'm wondering, do I need to get the AMD Dual Core Optimizer? I've heard things about it, that it improves gameplay in general but I haven't heard of it fixing crashes like this.

Also, the nature of the errors makes me think something's up with DirectX. Should I reinstall or downgrade/upgrade perhaps?

This is murder.

try enabling all shadows It worked for me..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm wondering, do I need to get the AMD Dual Core Optimizer? I've heard things about it, that it improves gameplay in general but I haven't heard of it fixing crashes like this.

Also, the nature of the errors makes me think something's up with DirectX. Should I reinstall or downgrade/upgrade perhaps?

you said, try it and find out. try redoing the DX driver first then run the game, if it still crashes then the AMD thingy.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

also I have found that running in 5.1 surround sound causes the CTD and not responding too.

So before loading the game make sure your set up your sound to 4.1 surround sound.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

also I have found that running in 5.1 surround sound causes the CTD and not responding too.

So before loading the game make sure your set up your sound to 4.1 surround sound.

Interesting. How would I change to 4.1?

in the creative folder you should have a sound console program.. try running that and see if it lets u pick a sound set up..Vista just right click propeties/configure/ should have a pull down for the diffrent settups.

4.1 configuration? don't think that would be available in settings for sound card. There's 2, 5.1, 7.1 and headphones but not 4.1. I guess you could say if you pick 5.1 and disable centre speaker you could get 4.1 ;)

No longer active in DCS...

well I have 4.1 or 4 quadraphonic option on my Sb creative I know it there for audigy as-well