LPs new sim

SUBS17

I hope it's Falcon 5.0....

I hope so too. It's not going to take much to satisfy, so I would stick with what works. I think people will appreciate this more than if they try to be "original" and put out a sim for a different aircraft. They only exception would probably be the F-18 as most people would gladly take that.

However, I'm going to have a good laugh if/when the new sim does NOT have a dynamic campaign. I have this sadistic desire to see LP's announcement:

"The DC in F4 sucked. Get over yourselves. It was nothing more than a broken sandbox that had little to do with reality. We don't intend to pour effort into something that won't be up to snuff anyway, so we didn't include it."

*work on the next OF and FF version is promptly embraced by the guys and Frugal's and old1997 code is stretched even further.*

:megalol:

It will have a DC but I hope its not Falcon 5 as its better to develop a new sim that supports more than just an F-16 maybe have lots of addons to keep the sim going.:thumbup:

I'd like to see how they're going to manage. I think there's a good reasons to question it. No need to rehash all that, if you've played it, you know what I'm talking about even if you like it.

With a study sim like the successor to Falcon release these days, you're going to need a DC that is equally realistic and convincing. Having a bazillion buttons in the pit won't mean a damn thing if the player is still stuck hijacking BARCAPs and such in an effort to compensate for all the idiocy of the AI HQ.

Let me put in another way; I can play the F4 campaign comfortably and not get frustrated with it because I know its over 10 years old. I just use the ATO as a "suggestion" of what I'm supposed to do. Mostly I try to go out in the Viper and just stir up some trouble. That isn't going to be so appealing if that's all LP's new sim has to show for the new DC.

Edited by RedTiger

Sounds like new graphics engine with modified weapons data SIM. Meaning they will mostly port over the old code from flacon 4 for the core of the SIM. It doesnt cut it IMHO although I will be there to watch what comes when the time arrives.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I would LOVE to see a post Falcon F-16 sim. I don't own Falcon 4 so I can't go the open falcon route, it looks super complicated to install. Falcon is great, but 10+ years it's time for a new one.

I had hopes for fighter ops a few years ago, but developing in your spare time either ends in vaporware or takes 10+ years to develop.

I need to get my F-16 on damnit ;)

Sounds like new graphics engine with modified weapons data SIM. Meaning they will mostly port over the old code from flacon 4 for the core of the SIM. It doesnt cut it IMHO although I will be there to watch what comes when the time arrives.

I heard someone mentioned that there is no Falcon code left in the next sim by LP.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Well to be honest i'd presume they're going to be releasing something to appeal to the customer base they already have - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush right? They know that if it is even Falcon 4.5 it will sell very well.

If it was Falcon 4.0 with modern graphics/3d world, wouldn't you pay £30 for it??? Honestly it wouldn't be worth it??

Not to mention if it does sell, they will have a fair bit of money to invest..

They made enough off AF to continue developing this.. Just think of the future when they cash in on the prifits from this release.

And as dev's of Falcon for a long time themselves they must be experts on the DC, so you would expect after a fair few years they'll either have expanded in in terms of complexity - or given in :(.

Ahhh speculation, speculation.. I can't wait for whatever comes..

Edited by CE_Mikemonster
clarity

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Considering what has been done in parallel independent ways (OF and FF5) including few good data improvements and all that "face-lifting" things....im also REALLY looking forward to what they NOW made out of the history.

F4 is already phaszinating like hell, just had known "uggly" points.....oh man....really cant wait.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]