Why?

Why Cant the community EG flight Simulation Community: Pay for the DCS Models??

We could start an account to tally deposit amounts by everyone who wants to see

something Developed for futer addons!

You may ask why would we want to accumulate money in an account??

Well, to my next question is why couldnt we pay for an additional team of programmers to be hired to work "Contract Style"

With the DCS Product??

Dose this not make sence for futer addons updates to take place in a shorter period??

And we as the community could pay for it out of our own pockets but with that in mind

Still in control of the original operaters/owners And the hierarchy of senior programmers having

the control of finial output standards of release.

I guess i mean to say upsizing the programming team would help?

??Anyone interested?? Yes ... No??

Edited by Mersyndol

I'm a bit uncertain about what you are actually proposing. Pay for DCS models? Do you mean something akin to the Open Source world's "bounty" system, but scaled up for entire DCS releases?

Or a fund to give ED extra cashflow to hire new developers (it's not just programming team that needs upsizing, you know)? Well one obvious hiccup there is that it's not necessarily so that upsizing the development team would make things happen faster. Instead it might just make it all the more troublesome for them to keep in grips with the code, since it'll be harder for producers and team leads to keep in control of what is going on and where likely bug problems can occur and so on.

It would also be an extremely insecure revenue model that, if I were an ED finance guy, I wouldn't dare hire anybody based on.

Rather, I'd say wait for the 3rd party tools, and then you can start a bounty system for mods and such using those tools. No risk to ED, so it's more likely to happen, and retains the byte-size flexibility that will allow people to actually do it without being full-time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I hope to see third party developers creating high quality addons in the future.

Looking at MSFS the 's a lot of capable companies out there. :pilotfly:

Edit: Well actually there are at least "some" capable companies out there. :smilewink:

The option is there for any "contract" style person to build and sell any dcs models, in the sim community i find modders sell their products anyways.

The issue you have is demand, what percentage of the DCS users would even buy them?

not to mention that DCS is so limited right now that more models are the least of what DCS needs. When all of the "base" functionality is there as far as planes, armor, etc.. then you may see more 3rd party Payware come out.

I think you are a little bit impatient, don´t worry i am too, but i will wait till a-10 is released.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Well' date=' if someone wants to fly a X-Wing in DCS environment it's fine for me. [/quote']

attachment.php?attachmentid=28987&d=1247437292

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I agree with DocNobby. If DCS code becomes so open that it will be possible to make actual addons and not just mods, I would'nt care for it unless it was somehowe officially approved by ED to be DCS standard? I know these aspects was discussed at some point, but I can't remember any conclusion.

In SP however... ...I would loooouve an X-wing!....

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

I say if anyone wants to do a 3rd party addon/TC then It should go through ED for approval..

say if VEAO wants to model the Jag [for example] as a 3rd party module [for either DCS or LO] then they would have to write up a game plan for the mod, and approch ED with their plan.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45