Game Crashes when i fire missiles

Guest Phoeinxhawk

Guest Phoeinxhawk

I just bought this game and installed it.. didn't have a joystick so was playing keyboard only and had no problems with it... got a joystick to make some game play and control easier and now i have a big problem.... i bought the Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick and installed it on my computer and made sure DCS recognized it as there... started a instant action mission to test the joystick and all worked great untill i engaged a target with missile... as soon as the missile shoulda impacted the target the game crashed... i have the game installed on a laptop also and never had a problem with the game crashing untill i put the joystick on that as well now the game crashes whenever i engage with missiles weather i have the joystic plugged in and installed or not... any suggestions...

My laptop is a HP Pavillion 2.8GHz with 4GB of ram shared with graphics card... running windows Vista home premium x64bit...

My desktop is home built running a 2.8GHz with 4GB of ram and a 1GB Nvidia Graphics Card and running Windows Vista Home Premium x32bit.

will look for a .crash file but i get a windows error that the game has stopped responding and that windows is looking for a fix...

any suggestions would be appreciated

You could also look for the errors.log and error.log in the temp folder within your DCS folder.

But that aside, this sounds like a DiretInput problem, albeit a weird one. Which driver versions do you have, and running a DxDiag might be interesting as well. It could also be a problem with drivers for the stick, though I had assumed that that one was a Plug-and-Pray stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester