Saitek X52 Too Sensitive Still

I've scoured the message boards for help and tried everything. When I move my X52 stick in the axis tune the little dot jumps from the middle to the far left+right (when testing roll),and far up+down when testing pitch. Strangely, my rudder dot moves smoothly right and left as well as my throttle dot (seperate) moves smoothly up and down through the range. This is demonstrated while flying as either no input or full pitch or full roll on the stick with foreward/sideways stick input.. Saturation or dead zone changes make no difference. The dot is either in the middle or full to one side(Up or down) with foreward or sideways input on the stick. My controller works perfectly when tested in control panel game controller and Saitek controller test. Why does it jump like that?

Thanks for any input!!

Enter the single-player-game and go to options. Choose axis commands.

Now select Flight Control Cylcic Pitch and click "Axis Tune".

With the slider "Curvature" you can make adjust the input-curve. With the X52 I had the best results with settings between 20 and 28. But you got to test that for your own preferences.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I have tried to adjust the curvature. The little dot is either in the center, or it is on the far right, left, up or down depending on the input on the stick. It jumps from the center to the sides regardless or how gentle I am with moving the stick. This doesn't happen anywhere else in my Windows joystick test except in this game.

Thanks for the effort to help me though!!!

if a stick is too sensitive, it is the saturation Y setting that has to be lowered to make it less so (in BS axis tuning).

I don't think that is your problem from your discription. It sound slike a calibration problem to me, or maybe a conflict with some other controller or axis.

I would suggest running the windows 'Game Controllers' from the control panel, select your controller, get the properties, then Settings, then calibrate. Verify that all is OK there.

• Like 1

This sounds like you have a saitek rudder or other input device as well. In standard mappings DCS tries to apply the most important axis to each control-device.

If you didn't correct that little problem, you have e.g. left pedal of your joystick mapped to collective roll, as well as the horizontal axis on your X52.

Check that in your Saitek Pro Rudders-row ONLY the rudder is mapped to the device, nothing else! The same time you should make sure that the twist-stick is not mapped to the rudders as well.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks again for trying to help me.

I have checked the properties of my stick and separate throttle in game controller properties in Control Panel and everything is working perfectly. (Even the mini-stick on my throttle) All axis are precise and fluid.

It's frustrating that my rudder twist on the joystick moves nicely through the entire range instead of jumping as well as the throttle.

Damn, foreward pressure jumps the dot to the top, backward pressure jumps it to the bottom etc. There is no in between.

Thanks again...

Guest MadKiwi
if a stick is too sensitive, it is the saturation Y setting that has to be lowered to make it less so (in BS axis tuning).

Thanks I've set my x and y axes down to 80% saturation Y and it's made this bird much easier to fly. I guess the tradeoff is I only get 80% of full range but I never really find myself using the full limits of the cyclic anyway.

That seems to be the problem Hitch. The stick is getting confused.

I tried to remedy it by clearing all joystick/throttle commands in "real" and "game" and mapped simply "pitch"...forgot which axis it chose x or y.

Still same thing: little square/dot in the middle, or it jumps to one side or the other depending on which way I move the stick.

Sooo frustrating this sim looks amazing.

Haven't flew a copter since AH-64D. Man, that was years ago.

I wonder if I do a clean re-install of the game?

Thanks again folks for the ideas!!!

Does the joystick show the same behaviour in the Windows gamecontroller? Or just in BlackShark?

The stick works perfectly when tested in control panel "Game Controllers". The movement of the dot is smooth and complete through full range of axis. It seems to be reading the joystick input as a switch (all or nothing) rather than an axis.

If anyone can fix this they will be regarded by me as a true guru. (For what it's worth)

Thanks again folks!!