Missions after Patch?

STP Dragon

Hey ED.

I created a lot of missions and will release a german Missionpack (MP+SP) this week.

My question: Is it necessary to edit the missions after the patch? Will the missions work in the same way after the patch?

• Like 1

I dont think you'll get a definitive answer for that anywhere.

There's probably going to be a lot of game mechanism changes, and it are most likely to change how units and missions works.

Some may even break some missions. And it depends on how your mission works.

And hopefully - there will be trigger changes as well (for the better I mean) ;)

So just prepare yourself for changes - which is most likely is going to happen. :)

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

That's what I want to know. THX

I hope I only have to edit my missions and not to create them new...

Edit: What's with the Campagne-Missions? If there are changes the Campagne-Missions have to be changed in the Patch too.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

some of the Beta testers might even try your missions with 'the patch' before 'the patch' gets a general release.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Edit: What's with the Campagne-Missions? If there are changes the Campagne-Missions have to be changed in the Patch too.

The campaigns that were included with the patch have been released, though that's of course no guarantee. There was however a post somewhere (can't remember where) where they indicated some of the changes that were happening with Flags. Memory is fallible though so I guess I might be mixing things up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody tell me more? ...now after the release of the readme?

What exactly do we have to do with our missions?

Trigger were be removed. What will happen with this missions which use this trigger?

Trigger were be renamed... What's with that?

Units have now other behavior. Do we have to delet the old one and add them new... or can we simply open and save the mission?

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Dragon, no offence - I hope this not comes off in a wrong way - but ...

why not just wait and see?

You can see there are trigger changes, those will most likely be broken.

I think it's reasonable safe to assume you need to remove those triggers (the one's that are discontinued) - and that you have to change/tune the one's that are being adjusted.

As well as maybe adding some of the new ones.

Units that are removed - well, they will either break your mission or you they might just not appear - either way the engine doesnt take them anymore, so you'll have to do some housecleaning.

Why not just accept that at the magic date of <insert date here> you need to sit down and edit your missions. It *will* take some adjustment. :)

Simple as that sort of :)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

No, I hope this not comes off in a wrong way!

We have done a lot of work to create missions for us and for the community to take this sim alive! You have no idea how often I want to bite in the table because of this f*** bugy editor!

ED don't have to release a patch whithout a instruction how to migrate our work!

NO SOFTWARE WORLDWIDE WILL BE RELEASED WITHOUT INFORMATIONS LIKE THIS!!!

ED worked on the campagne missions because of the patch! They know what will happen with the missions!

What's the problem to post exactly information what will work and what won't?!

Sorry Dragon - I do understand your effort for the missions, I've built a few myself. No need to be angry. :)

I think they have released pretty much the info they need in the 1.0.1 readme. And I suspect they did so to satisfy the curiosity from people like you and me - so we can be prepared for whats going to change.

But I doubt they can manage to answer all and with detailed information - when time and resources is probably needed for the release / quality assurance - and further development. :)

... and perhaps prepare yourself that you may just have to wait and see :)

• 3 weeks later...

So... 10. August....

Maybe ED want to answer now?

Do the posibillity exist that our missions will be corrupt after installing the patch?

Do we (editor junkies) have to prepare our missions befor installing the patch?

E.g. delete triggers and units which will be exchanged by the patch?

Please ED! We spend a lot of time to create our missions. If my missions are corrupt after installing the patch I don't think that I want to do them new....

Please ED answer!

So... 10. August....

Maybe ED want to answer now?

Do the posibillity exist that our missions will be corrupt after installing the patch?

Do we (editor junkies) have to prepare our missions befor installing the patch?

E.g. delete triggers and units which will be exchanged by the patch?

Please ED! We spend a lot of time to create our missions. If my missions are corrupt after installing the patch I don't think that I want to do them new....

Please ED answer!

Already asked and answered :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=609614&postcount=6

Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=609614#post609614

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'