ICE ICE Baby (F-4F PhantomICE)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Tomcatz!

Just some constructive criticism. The nose seems to be a bit off. I know you based this off of an actual photograph, but those can be misleading because the camera angles can be off. Try a 3-View drawing, as these give you the best dimensions.

27_46085_4cae8fac3b30537.jpg27_46085_4cae8fac3b30537.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what program do you use? I use Blender 3D and I have no idea where to even start doing something like this.

Again, Awesome work! You are truly a 3D Modeling Machine!

Edited by Aeroscout

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Great work Tomcatz!

27_46085_4cae8fac3b30537.jpg27_46085_4cae8fac3b30537.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what program do you use? I use Blender 3D and I have no idea where to even start doing something like this.

looks like 3ds max too me.

I take it you've tried primeportal for referance pics?

and the blue prints [dot] com for good prints

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

It looks like competition in "How fast you can do incorrect model" - crapp :doh:

i can win that one easy.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

It looks like competition in "How fast you can do incorrect model" - crapp :doh:

Why do you have to be so offensive?

:lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:+1

you too? wtf is wrong with some people around here? :huh:

even if you think is a model isn't as correct as you'd like it to be, can't you guys at least be a bit more encouraging?

someone once said "this community is akin to someone who eats their own kind" they weren't wrong :(

• Like 1

Mustang.

There is always someone who like's to knock other people's work, maybe it's just jealousy I dont know but it's so F*(%^ing childish.

People like Beczl and Tomcatz have done amazing work over the 3 years I've been a member of this site and I have nothing but praise for them and all their hard work in fact any Mod maker has my praise as I can't make mods to save my life.

Be it 25% accurate or 100% accurate at least they have made the effort to advance LO/FC/BS and thats a lot more than most of us.

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

somehow I don't think they know how difficult it is to make a model in 3d..

TOMCATZ - good work don't let these fools get at you, they know nothin'.

good work you done.

I have to agree with Aeroscout, the model seems a bit off. This is meant as constructive critizism, so dont take it the wrong way, but the first thing that strikes me is that the tail section of the aicraft is off, the engine nozzles should be at more of an angle than they are, the part of the tail that's between the engines nozzles and the tail seems to be a bit to thin. As some have pointed out earlier the nose is a bit off, and the "plates" (dont know what they are called) infront of the air intakes are a bit out of shape. And lastly the whole model seems to be more low poly than the one that's allready in the game. Dont be discouraged though, I would say that there are quite a few things to fix on the model, but if you fix these problems I think it could be pretty damn sweet ;)

Oh yeah, and one more thing, dont use photos as referance for modeling! They are allmost never dead on, so your model will allways look a bit off because you are building it off of a photo taken at a slight angle. Well, anyway, good luck with the Phantom, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

• Like 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szelma viewpost.gif

Why do you have to be so offensive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valery viewpost.gif

:lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:+1

you too? wtf is wrong with some people around here? :huh:

even if you think is a model isn't as correct as you'd like it to be, can't you guys at least be a bit more encouraging?

someone once said "this community is akin to someone who eats their own kind" they weren't wrong :(

Why dont you make one correct?:ranting:

There is always someone who like's to knock other people's work, maybe it's just jealousy I dont know but it's so F*(%^ing childish.

:doh:

I'm not attacking anyone, i just say that this model was made real fast, is messy and has a lot of bugs. i don't create 3d models since i can't. i don't do anything if it's suppose to "just be" without any improvements. comparing tomcatz to beczyl models is just ridiculous, since beczyl's model is nearly perfect. that's all from me. Good luck Tomcatz, work more on your model to improve it.

• Like 1

comparing tomcatz to beczyl models is just ridiculous, since beczyl's model is nearly perfect

Both are wonderful Modders and I'm sure if mods made by both were used you would say so too, Tomcatz Army mod 1.3 adds a great deal to FC and so does Beczl's munitions mods, Mig 21bis etc.

They make mods, and as I have said earlier that's a lot more than most of us, especially when you consider the cost of software just to be able to do it Adobe Photoshop CS4 costing $700 -$1500 or more, 3d max costing anywhere between $3500 -$3999 thats a lot of $$$$.

Any Modder has my thanks for just attempting to mod.

Edited by BrumTx

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

I dont think anyone spend these kind of money on software just to make mods for Lock On.

If Szelma thinks this model is crapp, than its his view.

Everyone can judge by himself. Hope this will not discourage Tomcatz to make mods, as his work gives a lot of joy to lots of LO pilots.

Lets put it this way. I do admire efforts made by Tomcatz or any other moddeler, but i dont think i will be replacing stock F-4 for this one.

It loks like Szelma has put a stick ant house :)

Edited by czarnyolek

Czarnyolek,

Those are the prices shown online with US$, at the appropriate web sites, I'm sure you can get them cheaper but thats the suggested RETAIL price

Am I an abusive idiot ?