ICE ICE Baby (F-4F PhantomICE)

Yeah grow up people. Tomcatz and other modders don´t get paid by making models. they make them in their free time and they do a good jobb. constructive criticism is always good and will make the modders develope their skills. But smashing someone down witha sledge hammer is just dumb. Keep such comments for yourself and get out and socialize with people. You guys clearly don´t know how to behave and I bet your mothers aint proud with you. Yeah I bet my comment sucks balls but this is jsut retarded behaviour over and over again. Tomxcatz! im really looking forward to this one and more mods from you. A personal request is some ground objects, such as buildings and airport stuff. In particular NATO stuff to fill the crimea with some western equipment. This F-4 should also make a good addition to Lock On +1 ;)

• Like 2

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. These are my old skins for default models F-4 .

Edited by Valery

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

2 golfsierra2

2 shaggy

Each person have the right for own opinion and for a freedom of speech, even if this opinion is negative. Is not it democracy? The author should study, study and study

• Like 1

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Oh men...:inv:

okay. At first: Thanks for all the support. There are much constructive critic in it and thats very good. Of course I didnt start a "Who build faster-race"- it was a compilation of pics over about weeks and months to build my Phantom. However: It´s a hobby only. So I have to study and study and study...I`ll do it next time. Without my computer, at the beach while flirting with girls...

See ya

PS: Valery: pretty nice skin and cool website- it looks really fantastic

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Yes, basicly right but most blueprints aren´t correctly. It`s pretty hard to find correct blueprints about the right version. My biggest problem is to model without producing bad vertexes. I allways confused how ED designers was able to model jets with some polys only and that all looks so smooth and accurate.

• Like 2

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Yes, basicly right but most blueprints aren´t correctly. It`s pretty hard to find correct blueprints about the right version

thats why you work off the same set of prints then find the version of plane [or whatever] your doing and edit your model with the referance pics of the same version..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Yes. These are my old skins for default models F-4 .

So these are only other skins, not 3D models ?!

@Szelma: Tomcatz built a new 3D model from scratch, so what about your 'Hmmmm... " ?

Yes, compared to the original Lock-On models, there still is room for improvement, but you called Tom's work 'crap' which is - despite you denied it - attacking him instead of pointing out details that Tom should improve.

@Valery:

Each person have the right for own opinion and for a freedom of speech, even if this opinion is negative. Is not it democracy? The author should study, study and study

You are right, and nobody will tell you the opposite here. However, same as with Szelma, some words explaining why you are dissatisfied with Tomcatz' model would have been much, much better than just applauding Szelma's attack by posting :lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:+1

You see the difference ?

Let's relax and wait for Tomcatz' upgrade.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Well,

my point of view is: I have to be prepared all times that some people critizise me hardly. I`ll allways hope that I can learn somethings and talk with some interesting people.

Some day in far far future, anyone will build an super fantastic, high quality and benchmarking F-4 Phantom model. Including 20 colour shemes, 200arguments about damages, 100.000polygons and 4LOD models. As freeware, flyable and with her own cockpit- Rear and Front! I wait for it, really! Okay- Sorry- I dreamed. So I haven`t any problems and all can still use the standart Phantom as well.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

hmm, I'm just thinking, maybe if you subsurfed it once (Blender term, idk what it is in 3Ds Max, "surface subdivide" or something?) it will give you morr verticies to work with and you could smooth it out and then combine redundant faces? Just thinking out loud, cause parts seem kinda low poly.

Also, a good skin can make a HUGE difference! I think the skin needs a bit of work. Also, maybe you could show us a few renders without any skin (Just the basic model) and maybe we could give some better ideas.

Keep working at it Tomcatz!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Look what you done Those who make bad critics :doh:

Thanks a lot! :badmood:

Tomcatz man don't give up because of a few who don't know what their talking about Cheer Up mate:beer:

You are making great mods for the comunity and FREEWARE

Bitte,arbeit weiter auf dem F-4:pilotfly:

Edited by Rambo

Bitte,arbeit weiter auf dem F-4:pilotfly:

"Ist okay- Ich bleibe dran" :yes:

I believe that it looks much better now. Yes- I allways have many problems with vertex errors and I need much more experience to manage it. And to smooth some groups is an hell work.

Hope noone missunderstud my last pics: its the LOAMC-Phantom I posted.

Good night

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif