ICE ICE Baby (F-4F PhantomICE)

Hi Mitch!

That great texture looks:shocking: great! wow...

I`m not pretty sure if still fixed it last weekend. So please send me your E-Mail adress so I`ll be able to fresh up the model version.

I worked at the fuselage nose and tail sections. At the tail is a difficult section where the missile rails end and the nozzles begins. Sometimes I realized to late that some aircrafts have very complex fuselages. A F-104 Starfighter would be much easyer to build. However, think in this case I pushed my level a little step higher as before...

renderphantom1.jpgw1600.png

I had (still have) some problems about the look about the fighter course I used many different blueprints and looked over about hundreds of photos. (feel like thousands). I really dont know why I have some little different results about some centremetres. Well, I know that some versions and parts of them (special germans) builded in licence by MBB and some other concerns. All Phantoms in the world got many upgrades just like better avionics and stoff like that. And last I`m not pretty sure if all resolutions about all photos in the web are correct....

"]renderphantom3.jpgw1600.png

I had to correct many vertexes arround the canopy, the intakes and the tail section. Special the intakes I have to compare it on more time again. So I go forward step by step to a good looking Phantom...

"]renderphantom4.jpgw1600.png

I´m not pretty sure about the colour sheme course I can use 2 slots only. Of course I use one for German Luftwaffe. For the second I can see a Greece, Turkish or Iraelian Fighter. Think the Turkish "Terminator2020" can be interesting. I started with "Holloman AirForce Base" corse German fighter pilots started their training there and learn the basic tactics.

"]screenshot004jrc.jpgw1440.png

Okay- I have arround 20.000polys right now and I`m pretty sure that it is enough. So there is some reserve for a little damage model, tac. numbers and stoff like that.

I realized that some people wondered why I build so quick. I think I didn`t. The real reason is that I stopped smoking:smoke: since 1 month. Before I smoked 2 packages at one day and it become a little bit to expensive for me. And since this time I can`t slep. Mostly I slep two or three hours and them I lay in the bed :suspect:... ****ing cigarretes..

Okay- Sorry for my long story and if it was to boring.. So well,

My best wishes,

TOM

PS: I will not to be the reason for some controverse discussions in here, please. So thanks for all critics, defendings and supporting words.

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have to be so offensive?

you too? wtf is wrong with some people around here? :huh:

even if you think is a model isn't as correct as you'd like it to be, can't you guys at least be a bit more encouraging?

someone once said "this community is akin to someone who eats their own kind" they weren't wrong :(

I agree 100%. Anything that someone else puts out is a vast improvement over the stock models, lest anyone forget about that. What happened to constructive criticism?? If your 2 yr old kids showed me a drawing and they werent any good at it, how would you like it if I pointed at it and laughed, and called your kid stupid?

Some ppl disgust me.

2 golfsierra2

2 shaggy

Each person have the right for own opinion and for a freedom of speech, even if this opinion is negative. Is not it democracy? The author should study, study and study

You just lost my respect. You of all people should know that this takes time to learn, and mocking the artist isnt constructive at all, but destructive. You should be ashamed.

Edited by hitman
  • Like 2

Some ppl disgust me.

You just lost my respect. You of all people should know that this takes time to learn, and mocking the artist isnt constructive at all, but destructive. You should be ashamed.

:thumbup:

keep up the excellent work Tomcatz

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Some people simply jump into 3d discussion with disregard to the development.

Now when it comes to discussing the 3d which is a technical stuff it appears to be either like a gallery of criticism or appreciation.

So we have 2 in 1 and there’s no need to wine about it, it‘s a cool feature.

I lay my fingers on modelling now and again and I have some experience doing it and like any thing related: first it gets created and then it goes modified, please believe me… (but to come in and say it’s crap, should you? Should I?

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Tomcatz, say if you make your 3d model based exactly as shown in some pic that's suposed to be blueprint then accuracy of the model can only be as good (or worse) then the pic you are making it from. In many cases when people have some photo that they call blueprint they actually are not, they are just drawings someone made as the name itself says, blueprint should be blue color paper and all lines/text on it are white of which actual aircraft parts are made ;)

Now one thing I can tell you straight off without having to look at any drawing is that your canopy is not correct. Reason is the canopy frame for example can never be at 90° to the fuselage as then the canopy would not be able to be closed, it always has to be at some angle, and on your model it's not. So again, even you make the model exactly as per the drawings, they can only be as good as drawing you are using.

Edit: I should make one correction on my comment, angle of the canopy frame actually depends on where the hinge is, if it's on top, like on the F-4 then front of the canopy frame has to be angled forward.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Hi,

...what can I say... I used a print more:book::

vermessung1.jpgw1600.png

...but it looks much better now. It`s pretty difficult to make it correct....

"]screenshot004ynu.jpgw1440.png

Hope that Mitch can use it for his great textures.

My best wishes,

TOM

• Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

I will be replacing stock f-4 model with this one now :)

I agree with you Czarnyolek - now stock ED Phantom sucks :megalol:

God job Tomcatz :thumbup:

We need some U.S Navy skins for your Baby - maby Sundowners ?

I think it is time to appreciate the great work of TOMCATZ once and for all.

Not all the post had been very kind with him and his work time ago. Thanks for your efforts mate.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yesssss I want to dominate the world trough kind posts full of nice comments ¡¡¡ XDD

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

it is the squadsign. the squad is called "Richthoven Geschwader" named in honour of a WW1 fighter Ace of the german air force.

the R stands for his name

Thanks Borchi, I knew I heard it somewhere but I wasn't sure if R stands for Richthoven!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]