Free Track support after patch

LoBiSoMeM

Where do you think sarcasm will get you? ;)

To the same utopic and fair place they are going:

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/

:music_whistling:

Direct, pertinent and clear questions aren't answered by ED about why DCS:BS don't have support for other free-API options for 6DOF HT.

It's all a little bit sarcastic to me...

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

... because there's absolutely no requirement for it to have them?

Not sure where you got the idea this was some sort of a requirement ... regardless, I'm sure the devs will look into it as I recall something about alternate APIs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

... because there's absolutely no requirement for it to have them?

Not sure where you got the idea this was some sort of a requirement ... regardless, I'm sure the devs will look into it as I recall something about alternate APIs.

Never said full-range 6DOF HT APIs support is a "requirement".

But the reasons why this subject cannot be clearly discussed are a little bit obscure to me.

Why can't ED even talk about the POSSIBLE implement in DCS:BS of multiple 6DOF HT APIs? What is the technical problem?

I am one and know a lot of ED customers who will like this kind of support. We don't "require" nothing. We don't even need a flight simulator to live. We like it, we buy it.

ED needs to sell, but we don't need to buy. I think will be a great marketing policy maximize the support for 6DOF HT solutions. I know a lot of simmers with money to buy ED software but not so much to acquire expensive 6DOF solutions. They don't need more respect and support?

What really bothers in these freetrack discussions is the lack of information by the software companies. But I'm tired to discuss this. Just will post a link to some people know about the life beyond TrackIR, a little bit "home-made":

http://code.google.com/p/ehci/

If you like commercial aplications, try FaceAPI... Quad-cores, we can do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7I7DOJJB0

Implement the "requirements" ED pretends to be necessary, not the customers requests... It's sooooooo dificult to put FreeTrack open-source API support in DCS:BS...

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

Sry I couldn't find - is it patch to get 6DOF or only 3DOF.

If 3 DOF it is like to get half gnawed doughnut. I would be suprised why no another solutions than only one, only "good" and only which should be here - TiR. :mad:

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team

This fix work only for russion version Black Shark!!!

If you want use it in english version, request Quarrion on FreeTrack forum.

Maybe need send file "NewInput.dll" to Quarrion

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

I didn't find any issues with using the old "NewInput.dll"-fix that was release when BlackShark came out half a year ago?

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I didn't find any issues with using the old "NewInput.dll"-fix that was release when BlackShark came out half a year ago?

Sorry but I just want to be sure. Does it work fine using the old NewInput.dll?

(So the problem must be with the fixer I could never use).:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Sorry but I just want to be sure. Does it work fine using the old NewInput.dll?

(So the problem must be with the fixer I could never use).:smilewink:

So far it works very well for me using the old NewInput.dll. No problems at all

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Ok. Then it´s just a problem with the fixer, and we all don´t have to worry bacause we can simply don´t use it and replace the dll.

:thumbup:

Thanks Boulund for the good news.

I´ll have to wait till we get the patch por Spanish version!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Its such a great day when someone reverse engineers your hard work to give it away for free!

:thumbup:

Again this crap?

People really don't know the meaning of "reverse engineering"...

Let's begin a technical discussion about HT technology, please? Will be really fun...

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/5521/http:zSzzSzwww.cfar.umd.eduzSz~danielzSzdaniel_papersfordownloadzSzPose25Lines.pdf/dementhon95modelbased.pdf

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/26154/ftp:zSzzSzpublications.ai.mit.eduzSzai-publicationszSzpdfzSzAIM-1378.pdf/alter92pose.pdf

Please, read all, study, and come back to talk about "reverse engineering"... :thumbup:

Really... FreeTrack devs needed to "reverse engineering" all available free math in the world... Thanks God Descartes, Euler, etc didn't bother if someone used your "hard work" to make the life better...

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

Just for Prophet:

http://www.cfar.umd.edu/~daniel/Site_2/Code.html

"All Code is Free for Download, Reuse, and Modification"

When you have pride of your "hard work", maybe you like to spread it with others, not use anti-competitive behavior and illegal commercial practices...

Please, don't post this kind of niilistic "reverse engineering" crap again... 6DOF HT is an available and free technology... it's 2009... the only thing really blocking the use of free and unified API for 6DOF HT in major sim games is the DESIRE to use it.

But in capitalism, money talks...

Edited by LoBiSoMeM
  • Like 1

Or perhaps you'd like to make some money out of your efforts - I understand you don't.

See, people who want to earn money from their work tend to respect others who try to do the same - this is why companies respect NP's property.

Thread closed.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda